+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which Mobilephone do you have?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    I didn't root mine. Not sure if I want to, I'm afraid I'll mess something up!
    Try with unlockroot.com
    You can't do anything wrong with this tool.
    Rooting phone basically copies two files to system partition. "su" to "/system/bin/" and "Superuser.apk" to "/system/app". "su" is app which other apps use to gain root access, like on linux and "Superuser.apk" is app that manages which app is allowed root permissions and which not.

Root enables you to change system variables to speed up phone, or for example recover wifi passwords with Wifi Key Recovery, delete bloatware apps from your phone with Titanium Backup (or backup and restore apps), increase space for apps by linking app files to second partition on sd card with Link2SD, patch apps with "Lucky Patcher" to remove ads from free play store apps, disable startup on boot of unwanted apps with "StartUp Manager".

The most important thing V6_SuperCharger script does, it changes minfree values and rearranges application and service priorities.
    For minfree values you can also use "AutoKiller Memory Optimizer", because changing app priorities on ICS requires patching "services.odex" file and can make your phone boot loop if you do something wrong, but if you do it by tutorial it works. You can always restore your phone with PC Software.

Don't be afraid of boot loop because it does not damage your phone, stock odexed roms recognize that services.odex has wrong signature or is not patched right and phone won't boot. It's the same like deleting ntldr file on windows, and then windows won't boot. You can repair your phone with PC software which installs phone software again and phone will work.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (04.10.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    Rooting Bootloader is another thing which enables you to install custom roms and kernels, which are usually faster and have better battery life.
    For example CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean

If it can be done, someone done it already and there is tutorial how to do it on XDA forum.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (04.10.12)

P2P Client
    µTorrent 2.04
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss332
    At the moment iPhone 4, think about to switch to iPhone 5.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent, Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss0
    Pleased with iPhone 4s.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread