+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSC

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraterrestrial View Post
    Can we get a recent review of this site especially their forums to see how nice "the community" is?
    and how would you see that? posting screenshots of single posts?

and how to get in (It's next to impossible unless there is a way to get invited ) ?
    from time to time invite applications are open. the inviter has to give all kinds of information about the person he wants to invite. then the application will be approved or rejected by the staff
    Your account has been disabled.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (26.08.10) , Nickname (26.08.10) , Snitlev (26.08.10)

and how would you see that? posting screenshots of single posts?
    nop, I want to see kind of topics discussed in their forums since you're a member can you rate "the community" of FSC comparing it to other trackers, I think it's overrated and just because it's hard to get into, people would say things that it's not true same as FTN.
    BTW, it doesn't have to be screenshots, written review is also good though nothing beats screenshots.

from time to time invite applications are open. the inviter has to give all kinds of information about the person he wants to invite. then the application will be approved or rejected by the staff
    okay, so there is a way to get into.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    since you're a member
    never said that
    the information i posted is not a secret and has been posted many times before
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (26.08.10)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1620
    ... I think it's overrated and just because it's hard to get into, people would say things that it's not true same as FTN.
    IMHO I prefer well seeded torrents than community, If I were looking for community I would look in forums like SB-I

I'm curious about FTN and FSC but they are not my priority in the bittorrent world maybe it would be nice to have an account in trackers like TT or Pedro's but because of their rips
    Last edited by Blocker; 26.08.10 at 21:07.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    IMHO I prefer well seeded torrents than community, If I were looking for community I would look in forums like SB-I :tongü:
    same here. there's one advantage tho, security. reading your post the best place for you would be something like TL but would you feel safe there? or "at home"?

I'm curious about FTN and FSC but they are not my priority in the bittorrent world maybe it would be nice to have an account in trackers like TT or Pedro's but because of their rips
    not so many custom rips on TT but Pedro's got them for sure. depends on your music taste of course.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (26.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    reading your post the best place for you would be something like TL but would you feel safe there?
    Although Blocker and I reside in countries where that isn't an issue, TL is certainly not what I'd recommend if security is a concern. Nothing against the place, of course, they're a great tracker with good speeds, content, packs and the like - but when your userbase has to be counted in terms of hundreds of thousands, you're bound to have some bad apples inside.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    one more aspect:

when a site is rare the members do valü their accounts and put more effort in whatever they do compared to other sites. that dös indeed create some sort of tighter and more family like atmosphere in some cases.
    Thanks

What's the big deal of security?
    Couple of weeks ago, i saw this announcement at sharetheremote:

Warnings from ISPs. - posted 3 weeks ago
    There has been a few conversations had regarding ISPs sending warnings regarding downloading particular shows. I have been speaking to various people and some employees of a big UK ISP ( whose name shall remain anonymous ). Those that are receiving these warnings and general 'don't BitTorrent' warnings are because you are doing one or more of these:

* Not encrypting your BitTorrent client traffic. Any 'good' client will have a setting, make sure it's enabled. If it's not encrypted, it's open for your ISP to have a good look!

* Not browsing via SSL. While it is unlikely browsing via standard HTTP will get you a warning, why take the risk? Again, if it's not encrypted, it's open for your ISP to have a good look!

* Using a consistent port, particularly an obvious one. You should have your client set up to use a random port and enable uPnP (in your client, firewall and router). If you're continually downloading and uploading large amounts of data from a certain port on a daily basis, it's pretty obvious what's going on!

On a final ISP note, some ISPs are simply sending out generic letters to all their customers in an attempt to discourage you. Many people have received them who don't even know what BitTorrent is. If you truly are that concerned about it all, perhaps you should consider a seed box, or one of these torrent proxy services that offer you supposedly '100% anonymity'.
    And on a final final note, yes there are other reasons, and yes there 100s of other ways to avoid 'detection' but I'm tired after a long flight and I have work to do

P.S. I don't haz warningz, but I do haz laptop!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    * Not encrypting your BitTorrent client traffic. Any 'good' client will have a setting, make sure it's enabled. If it's not encrypted, it's open for your ISP to have a good look!
    And if it is, your ISP only has to break a low-strength encryption key to find out. Not to mention often it's just the traffic headers that are cyphered and not the payload.

Surprised that announcement didn't mention IP filtering.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (26.08.10) , Instab (26.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Surprised that announcement didn't mention IP filtering.
    me, too. and the random ports method dösn't make much sense imho. you can easily detect torrent traffic, no matter which port.
    Thanks

ciccio
    FTN is a normal general tracker like all others. Like GFT and others.

Nothing of special. However maybe the worst tracker ever is FSC. Lowest speed, often down, really few torrent and not so good community, pratically nothing, just rare, nothing more.

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    @Ciccio, FSC has just upgraded its server. Blazing fast speed on tracker atm.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Quote Originally Posted by ciccio View Post
    Lowest speed, often down
    Well, the problem must be on your side then, as it's fast and nearly always up for me.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

iTs not A good Tracker and don't have alot torrents its just rare !!
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by powerguy55 View Post
    iTs not A good Tracker and don't have alot torrents its just rare !!
    Just remember my friend, it's all a matter of perception. What one person thinks is good, another feels is mediocre, and another might feel is not good. Some people along with many others look for community, others look for torrents that are greatly seeded. Others for other things.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (15.06.11)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast