Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: FileList - FL

P2P Client
    qbit
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss45
    Anyone not already in this tracker, PLEASE DO JOIN IN, this is a great place to get some of the best quality content PTs can offer.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I love the anniversary event, don't miss it!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qbit
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss45
    I got like 100gbs from their free gift, you literally wont have to do anything apart from loggin in and clicking a gift box, the site at this point without even freeleches feels freelech at all times.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    They were always easy to seed on, but extending freeleech, adding coins and the post-2017 boom in popularity made them reach Monty Haul levels. Ratio and buffer are basically meaningless there... not that I have any complaints, and retention is better than you'd expect.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Qbittorrent,
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    It is a very good General Tracker and easy to maintain good Ratio.
    Thanks

I recently joined MAM and will become power user in a week or so. Is the filelist recruitment thread on MAM still active? Last I heard the recruiter was not active in that thread. I would really like to join filelist. Appreciate any update regarding this. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ptseeker; 26.01.23 at 18:53.
    Thanks

I think it is inactive, but unofficial invites are very often offered in MAM's forum. And also here in sb-i in the giveaway thread!
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Ptseeker (27.01.23)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss16
    Can recommend this tracker as a general tracker. Very good community and decent amount of seeders.
    Last edited by Flower; 01.03.23 at 12:05.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    It's closing!!

Dear ones,
    I'm sorry to have to make this announcement, but this is where our tracker comes to an end. It is important that you understand and accept this decision. Although it was a difficult one, it was taken after careful evaluation and for good reasons.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to run the site. A site like this requires quite a lot of commitment and my priorities in everyday life have changed in recent years. Time is the most precious resource for all of us and I have invested enough time here.

I wanted to leave the site to someone else, who would take care of the community in the future, but unfortunately I don't have anyone to leave it to. ToXiC, the one who was going to take my place is no longer with us.

This is quite the responsibility, we have a large number of users who also have sensitive data that cannot be left in anyone's hands. Abuses can be made and whoever has absolute power can decide anything regarding everything related to the community, so obviously a reliable, capable person is needed who also has very advanced technical knowledge to ensure the security of our users and proper functioning of the site.
    It is quite difficult to find such a person who is integrated here and shares the same values and has the same dedication that you have enjoyed for the last 16 years.

I decided that the best thing to do is to close the site rather than risk something like this.
    I'm truly sorry, I've also put a lot of work into this and I've always had the community at heart.

As a SysOp I thank you for your active involvement in our community. I deeply appreciated the valuable contributions, the passion you brought and the effort you put in. FileList would not be what it is today without the involvement of all of you!

What happens from now on?
    From this moment on, donations are closed and the amount we have covers expenses for the next 2-3 months.
    During this time you can still enjoy the site, download what you need from here and post your goodbye message in the thread.
    After ~3 months, sometime around January 2024, the site will be closed permanently.

With love and appreciation,
    EboLLa
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

anon (16.10.23) , DataOverfl0w (15.10.23)

This is not right. It is the best tracker and the reason I don't have to join elite trackers that will ban me just because they can. Losing RARBG and FL is just too much damage
    Last edited by DataOverfl0w; 15.10.23 at 18:09.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    4/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss63
    I am on a few mid-tier trackers like BLU, MTV, GGN, CG, etc but FL always felt like home to me. It was one of the best trackers for newbies with great community and invite forums. Really saddened to see this tracker go. I really hope they manage to find a new sysop in time and hand the site over to them.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    u Torrent
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss70
    One of the best tracker out there. RIP
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    It's closing!!
    Very surprising and sad news, especially considering just last month they were celebrating their 16th anniversary at full throttle A friendly hand willing to take over management could show up, but that seems unlikely: if someone so trustworthy and capable existed, they'd have been found before making the announcement.

One thin silver lining is that the shutdown process is being handled in the best possible way. New Year 2024 is enough time to download bookmarked torrents, archive exclusive ones, and use your profile link as proof for joining other trackers. Those who were active in the community get to say their farewells and coordinate efforts to create a new meeting place. Existing funds will be used until they run out, so no one can accuse staff of doing a cash grab (not that they were pay2win or ever sent PMs begging for donations).

Quote Originally Posted by averageHomoSapien View Post
    I am on a few mid-tier trackers like BLU, MTV, GGN, CG, etc but FL always felt like home to me.
    Same. I've been a member way before they went international, and it's always been among my Top 3 most used accounts, despite having "better" ones like ScT and SCC. I think the combination of good layout, good content and not having to spend lots of time building a buffer before you could enjoy them did the trick for me. For a clone of a (now long-defunct) international tracker started by a Romanian guy, they sure got places and made history.

Alternatives include TL, IPT, AR and SpeedApp. TL is known to open signups whenever something like this occurs, as recently as with RARBG last June, and will probably do so either now or when the shutdown is finalized.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    u Torrent
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss70
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Very surprising and sad news, especially considering just last month they were celebrating their 16th anniversary at full throttle A friendly hand willing to take over management could show up, but that seems unlikely: if someone so trustworthy and capable existed, they'd have been found before making the announcement.

One thin silver lining is that the shutdown process is being handled in the best possible way. New Year 2024 is enough time to download bookmarked torrents, archive exclusive ones, and use your profile link as proof for joining other trackers. Those who were active in the community get to say their farewells and coordinate efforts to create a new meeting place. Existing funds will be used until they run out, so no one can accuse staff of doing a cash grab (not that they were pay2win or ever sent PMs begging for donations).

Same. I've been a member way before they went international, and it's always been among my Top 3 most used accounts, despite having "better" ones like ScT and SCC. I think the combination of good layout, good content and not having to spend lots of time building a buffer before you could enjoy them did the trick for me. For a clone of a (now long-defunct) international tracker started by a Romanian guy, they sure got places and made history.

Alternatives include TL, IPT, AR and SpeedApp. TL is known to open signups whenever something like this occurs, as recently as with RARBG last June, and will probably do so either now or when the shutdown is finalized.
    Do you have any suggestion of best place as an alternate. TL is not one as whenever i checked any classic movies in 1980s, TL will have 0 seeds where as FL will have atleast 1 seed and will get not less than 3 mbps everytime.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss837
    This is very, VERY bad news...
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast