+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: FileList - FL

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I've had to use Filelist to download some exclusive packs recently, and observed all torrents seem to include the PublicBT UDP tracker's URL on them now. Besides enabling effort-free ghostleeching (just remove the FL.ro URL) and increasing overhead, I don't know why they're doing that.

You could say it's to provide a fail-safe in case the main tracker goes down, but the drawbacks far outweigh that advantage, in my opinion.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

CosaNostra (25.11.10)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    how can they control the ratio then?
    sounds like demonoid.ro
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    how can they control the ratio then?
    The "main" tracker URL, which includes your passkey... when you haven't removed it.

Anyway, if you look at all the FL.ro comments in this forum, it appears rules are taken rather lightly there - they don't care about cheating, trading, etc., just don't be an idiot and try to seed what you've snatched. That and the large number of users makes the place awesome (for me, of course).
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss837
    Romanian trackers...can't live with them, can't live without them
    Thanks

Good tracker,easy 2 keep ratio.Alot's of FL.Love it!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bitcomet & Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss246
    I have not been able to access filelist this whole week. Did I miss something. Page doesn't load for me...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM-P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss714
    Site is up and login works. No problems here.

This account has been disabled
    Reason: Fake upload

Do NOT cheat. This involves; ghost leeching, spoofing and/or use of a modified client in anyway. If you, or anyone on your IP/server is found to be cheating then ALL users on that IP will be disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Same as system28, it works just fine in my end...

Their IP is 86.120.13.86, in case you want to add it to your hosts file or something.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bitcomet & Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss246
    Thanks for the reply guys. Will see what happens with that anon. :( it's my favorite tracker
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss218
    2 years on since the last cheating info on this thread. What's the latest speeds people using here (RM + WM) :)

Thanks
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokki View Post
    2 years on since the last cheating info on this thread.
    Because it's a review.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...d=21418&page=7
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Nokki (16.03.12)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    filelist.ro is having global freeleech until 11.09. due to their 10th anniversary
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (04.09.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    10 years of FileList

Today marks 10 years since this website is up and running. This might very well be the perfect moment to announce that we are shutting down, right?

I'm obviously kidding, we are barely getting started! We have quite a few surprises of decent proportions planned for the near future, although I would have loved some of those changes to go live today, we have learned from our experience 5 years ago and decided it's best to simply lay back and enjoy the anniversary!

So stick with us, 10 more years filled with surprises are coming up!

Without beating around the bush for too long, I wish you, the huge and awesome FileList community, a HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY, without you this site would definitely not have survived for this long!

We thank you that either if it's good or bad days, you are by our side!
    We thank you for supporting and sustaining the community, it is thanks to you that this website is still growing and flourishing!
    We thank you for seeding the torrents so that all of the members of our community can enjoy them! In this past year, the amount of peers has nearly tripled.
    We thank you for showing us that 35.000 distinct members can seed the same torrent at the same time, through this you managed to outplay the expectations of many!
    We thank you for being FileList! Today is your anniversary!

A good party doesn't end without someone on the floor, does it? Here are some of the events you can enjoy during this week!

Global FreeLeech! - A whole week of Global FreeLeech! Starting on the 4th of September until the 11th of September.
    2x FLTokens for every user - Everyone will get 2 FLTokens , which you can use to download any torrent as FreeLeech after the Global FreeLeech period is over.
    10th anniversary gift - Starting on the 4th of September until the 11th of September you will be able to claim a gift, by clicking in the lower left corner of the website, once every 24 hours. The gifts are similar to those in the shop (Upload, FLCoins, Invitations, FLTokens, VIP).
    Staff organized competitions - You can visit the dedicated forum section and participate in some contests of your liking.
    Discounted Shop prices! Although normally these used to be reserved for Black Friday, we kept being asked for discounts, so on the 4th of September you can enjoy the Shop at reduced prices!
    Double FLCoins on iRC - Starting on the 4th of September until the 11th of September you are going to gain double the normal amount of FLC for iRC idle.
    iRC Lottery is back! - Starting on the 4th of September until the 11th of September you can buy tickets for the iRC lottery. The draw is going to be at 23:59 (Bucharest time)

We hope our little surprises and gifts will put you in a good mood!

Once again, Happy Birthday FileList! 10 years!

We wish you all the best!
    FileList Staff
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

austinpowers (11.09.17) , alpacino (09.09.17) , cloud99 (09.09.17) , anon (08.09.17) , slikrapid (07.09.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    filelist 12th anniversary

[English]
    Dear community,

We are entering the "holy week" and we would like to organize a few contests because we need your help. On 4th of September we celebrate our 12th anniversary, thus starting today up until September 7th global FreeLeech will be enabled. Besides that, every 24 hours you can claim your anniversary gift by clicking on the gift in the bottom left corner. Before revealing the contests that start today I would like to offer some context.

This is about our new website:
    https://cdn.mnmlsv.net/32a2d9af54282...5101a075f2.png
    https://cdn.mnmlsv.net/463c463911d74...8890156cf2.jpg
    https://cdn.mnmlsv.net/749ed38c9fb4c...e9bd297a33.jpg
    https://cdn.mnmlsv.net/2bb3f7eacf6c6...393f199303.png

Roughly 2-3 years passed since we first started thinking of changing the source code that gives life to our website. Even though over the years we have optimized the existing code base hugely, we are convinced that we can do better. The code is old and any tracker that is based on old sources like TBDev is bound to have some issues at some point. We want to avoid this.

Obviously, our first thought was to migrate to Gazelle (for those that don't know, Gazelle is one of the best tracker sources out there) but the huge problem was we would still have to re-code a lot of it to make it fit our needs. Gazelle is mainly focused on music and us being a general tracker, it would require core changes. However, even if let's say we would make those changes, it still wouldn't really fit our needs.
    With that in mind, one and a half years ago we began coding everything from scratch. We have built it from ground up, inherently build it around our needs and wishes (the community needs and wishes, because yes, we do see every suggestion and request you make). To accomplish this we have used cutting edge technologies which allowed us to reach our goal: performance.

There's no point in chasing our tails, so here are some details of what we are doing:
    - for those with technical knowledge: OOP coding pattern, PHP 7.2+ native, PDO MySQL with prepared statements (better security), Memcached, javascript, Bootstrap 4 front-end framework. We are using state of the art security functions, AES-256 encryption and for hashes only SHA-256. Because everything is OOP it will be a lot easier to maintain and upgrade the code base in the future.
    - everything is built from scratch, we have copied nothing over from the old source.
    - we have improved the torrent structure, implemented new categories and options. The browse page will look different.
    - we are changing our search engine to something modern with realtime indexing capabilities (includes the new torrent filters).
    - native language system. The website will be 100% Romanian or 100% English, no mixing anymore. The only content that won't be translated is the user content (forum posts, torrent comments) but you are free to talk in English anywhere and if you need help with something our community will gladly help you and respond in English. We have a lot of Romanians and foreign users that know/speak English.
    - modern & responsive design. Users will be able to create themes and share them with the community.
    - two new user classes and some changes to privileges.
    - performance will be greatly enhanced, allowing us to implement pretty much anything the community will ask for.

There is much more to be said, but we really don't want to spoil all the surprise.

As a small comparison between our current source (and I repeat, it does work good) and the new one that we code:
    - on the old one, because of the way the old code is written, roughly 40-45 queries (per visit) to the database are required to display the main forum page;
    - on the new one we have cut that down immensely, 3 queries are required in case of a server restart, otherwise one query per visit is all we need. This brings a huge performance boost and it will allow us to enable things that are normal to have on a forum.
    Sure, we could have re-coded it on the current source, however the lowest we could bring the query count would still be too high.

The amount of work that we need to do is far from small. We are also upgrading the entire database (structure, tables, fields, data, etc.) and considering that we also have a personal life, family, job, etc. it takes much more time than we have wanted. I think that any technically skilled person that understands what we are doing knows that the amount of work that needs to be done is massive. At the end of the day FileList is just a hobby and there are moments when we didn't have time to work on this at all. Even so, we are 50% done.

And why would I tell you all of this? Well, first, we don't want you to think that we do not want to improve our lovely website. Second, we need a new logo and some new forum icons. There will be more contests and information to follow in the near future. The prizes are worth your while in my opinion and contests will stay open much longer than the anniversary ones.

Both contests have English version included after the Romanian one.
    Logo Contest
    Forum Icons Contest

Wishing you all an amazing week!
    FileList Staff
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

anon (04.09.19) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (03.09.19)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Migrating to a different codebase already takes an insane amount of work... migrating after creating that different codebase from scratch doubly so. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings, maybe we'll finally get the ability to sort torrents by amount of seeders or leechers!

I encourage everyone to click on the gift box every day this week, they're super generous with their presents.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

H265 (04.09.19)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast