Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Egypt once again banned - This time Elektronik

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    @SealLion: another thing to consider is Donation done by those banned users,even bad ones sometimes donate,I know some who did back then before getting banned @ SCT,so better to decide on whom to punish rather than gathering up the crown for a group slaughter.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    @SealLion: another thing to consider is Donation done by those banned users,even bad ones sometimes donate,I know some who did back then before getting banned @ SCT,so better to decide on whom to punish rather than gathering up the crown for a group slaughter.

Now that's an interesting idea. I never thought about that until you just mentioned it.

best to remain loyal to your best tracker user's then, is I think what your also trying to say, yes??

Yes. Suppose some greedy-cheater who cheated like there was no sun-to-be tomorrow, had also donated some coin to the tracker's use and then was given a lenient hand at not being banned b/c of his previous bank-roll to the tracker, yes!!!

I would hope that there are actually tracker admins who actively do take such considerations seriously.

It does demonstrate across the BT world that the staff at Tracker ABC are people that are reasonable and are in tune with the regular userbase.

Here's an example. Take FileMP3. The staff there are not, at least IMHO, not very friendly. That's in comparison to the staff at TD. A totally different crowd altogether.
    That's not to suggest that TD has ever committed such actions as banning an entire country.
    Its just to demonstrate, what I feel, is a completely different brand of people from one tracker to another.

So, I would agree it would be prudent to give such a user a lenient hand. It's not just user's that remain loyal to sites, its a 2-way street in fact.

I know that there are lots of tracker's that do stay loyal to their current userbase. I am sure you do too. But here's what I mean.

It is also the obvious such as free leaches on torrents over X Gb in size or what-ever.....not just a waiver of a ban, yes??
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123