Thread: Tehconnection Adds 3000 Movie Torrents In One Month

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54

Tehconnection Adds 3000 Movie Torrents In One Month

3000 new torrents in a month is a great feat for any private tracker – it’s an even better feat when all of the new items added are high quality movies. Both new films as well as rare classics (some dating back to 1960s and 1970s) were added during this time. As of 4/4/2009, Tehconnection tracks 6100+ torrents ( 4800+ movies, some in both high definition and standard definition formats) and has a user base of 8000+ members.
    Source

You can easily obtain a TC invite through their IRC channel. For step by step instructions on how to do this, refer to the article located here.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (04.04.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    That's interesting news if not kind of good news.

Now I hear that there's some kind of silly rivalry between ptp and TC.
    I don't know why.....I think its kind of silly but then perhaps not, as it fuels fire for either one to become an improved private tracker over the other, setting stage for 2 very good sites then.

Though on the other hand, rivalry's are kind of silly too. I think that the only reason rivalry's exist is purely from the user's perspective. Probably not so much from the tracker's admin standpoint.

So for TC to gain extra torrents and members. That's good, then as it could potentially also add extra content.

Though there always exist bad things about extra members: New members who don't even use their newly created accounts.

I can't stand that.

That's just one reason why I hardly ever give out invites. Most of them never get used. New invite-accounts, at least from my own experience, collect dust.

Basically a waste of membership when other potentially new members, for example, would want to get in but can't b/c of the new limit having been reached.

And some of that limit contains memberships who don't use their new accounts. They just sit there and collect mold.

That's one reason why I'm extra sensitive to handing out invites to trackers to other people. I'd rather give out an account that I don't use anylonger.

You know what I mean??

Last edited by SealLion; 04.04.09 at 22:39.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

zatoicchi (05.04.09)

P2P Client
    azu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss346
    TC needs to work harder on speeds and definitely needs more members though its success is appreciable but it has long way to go before it can reach the standards of good trackers
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54
    @SealLion

A healthy rivalry can be a great thing, it may breed quality and it often does. And because of that there should be a healthy rivalry between PtP and TC, not between their users. The users should have both accounts. And yes, the collectors sux big time, but unfortunately they are unavoidable pestilence of almost every big giveaway. The fact remains that a tracker community has to grow over time, regardless of the risks...

@austin414

I totally agree with you that TC has a long way to go before it can reach the standards of a good tracker, but it also should be said that TC is setting some new standards as well. Check this out. Maybe we all should give TC a little credit and a little more time... it's improving, now it's obvious...
    Last edited by 100%; 06.04.09 at 00:24.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Tinkle (06.04.09) , anon (06.04.09)

+ Reply to Thread