Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150

Vuze Imminent Blacklisting - The Repercussions

Got this from IPT a few days ago

IPTorrents
    2009-09-22 - Torrent
    Following the last upgrade to our source code, the following torrent clients are now banned forthwith.

ABC
    All BitComet up to v5.x
    Bitbuddy
    BitLord 1.1
    BitSpirit 3.3.2.100
    BitTorrent++
    Limewire (all versions)
    Nova Torrent
    Older Azureus versions
    Rufus
    Shareaza
    TorrentStorm
    Transmission Below V 1.34
    utorrent1.7.1
    utorrent 1.7.5 (fake version)

The following torrent clients are permitted:
    uorrent 1.8.5
    BitTorrent 6.0
    Halite 0.3.1
    KDE3 (KTorrent 2.2.4)
    Transmission
    uTorrent 1.6.1 Highly Recommended

Recommended
    Deluge 0.5.9.3

Not recommended

We do not Recommend Azureus/Vuze at all and very soon Azureus/Vuze will be banned at IPT ( all versions ) ! ! !

Beta versions may appear on this list as tested, but they are not recommended,
    if you use a beta version and your statistics are not updated properly then don't complain to us.
    Stick with the recommended, tried and trusted releases and you should not have any problems.

The following list of torrent clients have been proven to be reporting 'Bad Data' to our tracker
    (something we could mistake as evidence of cheating).

Xtorrent/100
    Xtorrent/101
    wmTorrent 2.1.6
    WMTR
    SymTorrent

Whenever users are found to be using these, you will receive a PM informing you that you need to change your torrent client to one of the approved clients listed above.
    Failure to do so will result in your account being suspended.
    BitMeTV Client List
    Spoiler BitMeTV Client List:
    As of February 19th, 2010:

Azureus 2.5.0.4
    Azureus/Vuze 4.2.0.8 †
    Azureus/Vuze 4.3.0.4 †
    Azureus/Vuze 4.3.1.2
    Azureus/Vuze 4.3.1.4

BitTornado-0.3.17 (stable)
    BitTornado-0.3.18 (beta)

Deluge 0.5.9.3
    Deluge 1.1.7 stable
    Deluge 1.1.9 stable
    Deluge 1.2.0-rc4
    Deluge 1.2.0-rc5 (rebanned as reports 20% extra download on each file)

Ktorrent 2.2.8
    KTorrent/3.2.4(Stable)
    KTorrent/3.3.1(Stable)
    KTorrent/3.3.4

uTorrent 1.6.1 stable
    uTorrent 1.6.0 stable
    uTorrent 1.7.7 stable
    uTorrent 1.8.2 stable - Build 14458 Only! (staff pick :))
    uTorrent 1.8.4 Stable - Select Builds Only! §

uTorrent/1850 Stable - Select Builds Only! §

uTorrentMac 0.9.1.2(15399)†

uTorrentMac 0.9.2(17267)

rtorrent/0.8.2/0.12.2 (* rtorrent-0.8.2 * libtorrent-0.12.2) Stable †
    rtorrent/0.8.4/0.12.4 (* rtorrent-0.8.4 * libtorrent-0.12.4) Stable
    rtorrent/0.8.5/0.12.5 (* rtorrent-0.8.5 * libtorrent-0.12.5) Stable)†
    rtorrent 0.8.6/0.12.6 (* rtorrent-0.8.6 * libtorrent-0.12.6) (Stable)

Halite 0.3.1.1
    Halite v 0.3.2.1 (Stable)

Transmission/1.22 (6228)
    Transmission/1.51 (79*)
    Transmission/1.52 (82*)
    Transmission/1.53
    Transmission/1.54
    Transmission/1.60
    Transmission/1.61
    Transmission/1.76
    Transmission/1.77
    Transmission/1.83 TRIAL ONLY
    Transmission/1.90 STABLE

* use of other clients or versions "may" result in account disabling

† This symbol means client will be banned soon, so please upgrade

§ Not all builds of this uTorrent version are allowed. Since the Dev team like to release small updates to the stable releases from time to time the build number then changes and the newer build will be banned till we can add it to the list. Be aware that this may prevent you from using the latest versions of the client. If you must use this client then perhaps use an older build that is allowed.
    Some older builds can be found at File Hippo.

uTorrent Current Builds allowed:

Version 1.8.4 Builds--

Version 1.8.5 Builds--

------------------------------

Old Allowed Version Links

Azureus 2.5.0.4

Sourceforge Download
    File Hippo Download

uTorrent 1.6 and 1.6.1

uTorrent 1.6
    uTorrent 1.6.1

Other Client Specific Information

rTorrent/libtorrent
    This client and GUI are released as a pair - do not update one and not the other. Trying to bypass client bans in this way is an instantly bannable offence. If in doubt ASK.

We endeavour to allow the newest version available in any official Debian repository as well as the current stable. However usage of this version is covered by the beta rule as it is offered as a convenience only. Please also note though that as soon as a newer version is available from Debian all older versions will be banned immediately with no warning or delay.

Bittornado

It is STRONGLY recommended Windows users DON'T use Bittornado as it is inferior to Azureus or other acceptable client. If you should choose to use BitTornado, the only allowed version is: 0.3.17 & 0.3.18

Vuze (Azureus 3.0)

This client is official and uses the Azureus beta code. Versions will be allowed on a case by case basis

uTorrent
    All versions of uTorrent released after the initiation of the sale to its new owner are currently subjected to close scrutiny. The Utorrent 1.8.* series are only being allowed on a case by case basis.

Do not post re: this policy in the forums. All relevant points are already clearly laid out. We apolgise however due to ongoing wasting of staff time responding re: this policy will result in a 1 day warning and your thread being locked. Any changes to this policy will be announced on the home page and updated here.

Version 1.6 has a security hole that affects public trackers if you are connectable. Many users however still consider this a less risky client than 1.6.1 as it was released well before the sale of the codebase. BitMeTV allows both 1.6 and 1.6.1.

Currently allowed versions:
    See * CLIENT VERSIONS ALLOWED * for an updated list of allowed client versions.

Transmission
    The current stable version of Transmission is allowed but is covered by the beta rule. This allows keen adopters of this client to test it within the swarm. Use with appropriate levels of caution and make sure you understand the terms of the beta rule.
    kTorrent
    The current stable version of kTorrent is allowed but is covered by the beta rule. This allows keen adopters of this client to test it within the swarm. Use with appropriate levels of caution and make sure you understand the terms of the beta rule.
    Deluge

The current stable version of Deluge is allowed but is covered by the beta rule. This allows keen adopters of this client to test it within the swarm. Use with appropriate levels of caution and make sure you understand the terms of the beta rule.

Other Clients

If a client is not listed as Supported, Banned or Considered for Banning it falls into this category.

We DO NOT Endorse and DO NOT offer Support for these clients.

These clients MAY work on this site however your mileage may vary and we make no guarantees of current or future applicability.

Beta Clients

WARNING WARNING WARNING!:
    We occasionally allow certain beta clients due to popular demand however it is important to realize a beta client is NOT just a new feature release it is a client that has not been tested properly yet. If you opt to run the latest beta you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK and will be given ZERO leniency if it does something wrong and gets YOU banned. Again so there is no doubt, by using a BETA client you are placing all your trust in the client developer. If the BETA messes up you WILL be banned. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

A BitMeTV beta client is not the same as a developers beta client. BitMeTV will tag a client Beta if it is allowing it into the swarm for testing.

Beta clients will be banned the instant we see a new version is released. There will be no notice or annoucement. If you are testing a beta client you should be following changes to it anyway.

Please do not request additions to this list. Additions are decided internally within BitMeTV staff.

It looks like an increasing numbers of trackers are banning Azureus/Vuze as evident by their announcements. Azureus/Vuze may not be blacklisted yet but eventually by What, Waffles, IPT and possibly more to come and quite possibly already put on blacklist or pending blacklist.

Since VEM has the protection of perfect spoof I do not foresee in the immediate future repercusions for VEM coders and users.

As you can see the IPT announcement was made in Sep of last year now its almost half a year on and nothing has changed, the Azureus/Vuze are still pending blacklisting. However in the long term with each blacklist by yet another tracker of Vuze and subsequently less users and therefore less income for the the owners of Vuze, will Vuze, Inc find a way to overcome and contnue to release updates or will they close shop.

Less users to Vuze, Inc will invariably affect the performance and secuity of VEM. If Vuze is discontinued, I suspect the hard working coders of VEM may not have the same resources as Vuze Inc and therefore may find it challenging to on one hand update the hacks and also the security would be a massive ask of their precious time.

This Vuze situatioin is different from the Bitcomet situation because Vuze is open source so although there are hacks for bitcomet tracker still trackers choose to differentiate between the hackability of Vuze and Bitcomet (closed source).

Vuze Extreme Mod is widely seen as flagship mod of SBI's BT range if Vuze were to decline to such a state that Vuze Inc were to contemplate abanding it what are then our options for a well rounded, feature rich BT mod?

Lets face it is a real possiblity that due to blacklisting of Vuze by a great majoirty of trackers Vuze Inc will need to find other ways to support themselves. And if that happens...

Lets all weigh in the options as SBI users

in alphabetical order
    • anon's uT hacks
    • Butcho Bitomet hack
    • SBI's other famous mod, Faze Mod v0.1
    • RM and other ratio spoofing tools will become even more necessary. Cheat on tool and then download with whitelisted real client

What other options do we have for a full featured moded beast?
    Last edited by saebrtooth; 20.02.10 at 03:26.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (14.06.10) , Vation (20.02.10)

Not recommended

We do not Recommend Azureus/Vuze at all and very soon Azureus/Vuze will be banned at IPT ( all versions ) ! ! !
    That thing is there since last year lol.It's not recent and has nothing to do with this vuze banning mania.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    The tracker is going to blacklist Vuze, dont you think there will be repercusions if many other trackers follow suit?

I find it irrelvevant if the tracker made the announcement this year or last year or just today. The fact still remain, that is Vuze eventually will be banned and it will definetly cause an exodus from Vuze to other clients and thus cause a massive drop in income for Vuze Inc. And this in turn will leave many holes unpatched in Vuze, and in turn VEM

Dont you still think thats its relevant although as you say?
    That thing is there since last year lol
    Thanks

The tracker is going to blacklist Vuze
    It's just a warning...
    Dont you still think thats its relevant although as you say?
    No need to worry though..
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    How can we take a casual approach? Trackers are giving people fair warning. I dont think they are doing it just for fun and wont act upon it.
    Thanks

Perfect spoof?
    Plus there are lots of other cheating tools/mods/methods.
    Last edited by SBfreak; 19.02.10 at 13:44.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    SBfreak please refer to what i said about perfect spoof already in first post.

And as at current there is not one client that can take over the reigns of VEM in terms of full featuredness
    Thanks

Since VEM has the protection of perfect spoof I do not foresee in the immediate future repercusions for VEM coders and users.
    I think I missed that phrase.
    What do you mean by "protection of perfect spoof"
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    That sentense is to be read in context. I meant the protection that Perfect Spoof provides user so that trackers do not see VEM as Vuze, so called protection. Now the contex was that eventhough there exists the benfits of Perfect Spoof it may not outweight the detriments that come with a (possibly) neglected client.
    Thanks

I know that my English skills suck and that I post like a mad cow when I get home but I'm still confused.

So:
    Perfect spoof?
    What do you mean by "protection of perfect spoof"
    I meant the protection that Perfect Spoof provides user so that trackers do not see VEM as Vuze, so called protection. Now the contex was that eventhough there exists the benfits of Perfect Spoof it may not outweight the detriments that come with a (possibly) neglected client.

So..uhm what's wrong with the perfect spoof right now??
    Last edited by SBfreak; 19.02.10 at 14:44.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss207
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    So..uhm what's wrong with the perfect spoof right now??
    Nothing. But if the majority of trackers start to ban Vuze, the Vuze developers might give up. Then, Vuze will be an old, unsupported client and it won't be worth the effort to continue VEM (and therefore the perfect spoof, speed++, etc.)
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (19.02.10)

That's not going to happen.Public trackers will still allow vuze and so other trackers.If one or two banned vuze that doesn't mean it's the end of cheating nor vuze.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    SBFreak, are you trying to return to public trackers. We aim to cheat only in context of private trackers. Sabertooth, i understand you.

I might go in for the time being to the uT spoofs, or other Perfect Spoofs.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (19.02.10)

Public trackers will still allow vuze and so other trackers.
    SBFreak, are you trying to return to public trackers. We aim to cheat only in context of private trackers.
    What I'm trying to say is that vuze will not cease development just because it was banned on 3 trackers
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    How can we take a casual approach? Trackers are giving people fair warning. I dont think they are doing it just for fun and wont act upon it.
    the thing is, this vuze/azureus bashing has been going on for years now, with people claiming its bloated, used by most cheaters, open source (thus easily modifiable) and so on, creating an undeserved negative bias towards this client (prime suspect = competition ) which was one of the reasons for its decline in terms of ever-lower userbase

as for the imminent blacklisting repercussions - there will be some, but imo mostly limited to trackers whose staff is dependent on the opinions of 'experts' from what/waffles (ie. their fan-boys/girls)

imo client banning is just an example of staff whims, laziness and actually embarrassing, when most of these clients work just fine

Public trackers will still allow vuze and so other trackers.If one or two banned vuze that doesn't mean it's the end of cheating nor vuze.
    agreed
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (19.02.10)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast