Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Americans

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661

The Americans

Quote Originally Posted by Sypnosis
    The Americans is an American television drama series created and produced by Jö Weisberg. Set during the Cold War period in the 1980s, The Americans is the story of Elizabeth (Keri Russell) and Philip Jennings (Matthew Rhys), two Soviet KGB officers posing as American citizens and a married couple. The series premiered in the United States on January 30, 2013, on the FX network.
    source: The Americans (2013 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Already confirmed for a second season.

General Info:
    • Starring: Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys
    • Country of origin: United States
    • No. of seasons: 1
    • No. of episodes: 7

Interesting Links:
    Your account has been disabled.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (12.05.13) , slikrapid (21.03.13) , BrianBosworth (18.03.13) , yoco (18.03.13)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Spoiler :
    Agreed, and agreed; they'd even told her to stay away from the diary, but she was always clever and had plenty of initiative (after all, she noticed something about her parents was wrong... and remember that visit to "aunt Helen"). The conversation with Tim when they were packing the food was obviously cringe-worthy for her, and now we know why. Also, let's not forget Philip and Elizabeth were under the shadow of the KGB wanting to put Paige into their second-generation illegals program, which they really didn't agree with. Who knows, the table may turn on that now.

Oleg's storyline is going slowly (as are the operation involving Tuan and those trips to Topeka), we haven't seen anything big since the CIA stopped blackmailing him. That room search was less scary than it should have been for some reason. I also expected Martha to have a bigger role besides basically telling Gabriel to fuck off and die, but there isn't much she can do at this point, so I'm not holding this against the show.

Episode 11 is out
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    i'm sorry to say so but this season was lame. on all fronts i've been waiting for that shocker we had in the previous seasons multiple times but it never came. not even the last episode ended with a cliffhanger. i hope the next and last season will spur things on again.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    on all fronts i've been waiting for that shocker we had in the previous seasons multiple times but it never came. not even the last episode ended with a cliffhanger.
    Things got very tense at the beginning, though

Spoiler :

Elizabeth's face says it all.

Other than that, I agree with you. Slow pace and too many loose ends. The final season will air next year, we'll see if they're keeping the best stuff for the end.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    So, the new season has started airing already. The time skip feels cheap, and this Phillip vs. Elizabeth thing seems like it could work...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    So, I don't know how to feel about this finale.

Spoiler spoilerers:
    We'd been seeing a decline since season five, and this ending is in line with that. Stan finally catches the Jennings and learns everything he suspected from the very beginning (remember when he sneaked inside their garage in season one?). This was really tense... then he lets them go for what amounts to no reason. Afterwards, the episode becomes a tale about their escape to Russia.

Also, there are a ton of loose ends. What becomes of father Andrei after he tells the FBI everything he knows? What will happen to Paige now that her cover as a Soviet spy in training has been blown? Who is going to pay for Paige's and Henry's schooling? Will Oleg to to prison? Was Renee a spy or not? What kind of life awaits Philip and Elizabeth in the USSR? He had already resigned, and they both went against the interests of their organization, so I don't expect them to be received as heroes...

Paige getting off the train really surprised me, though. I didn't see that one coming.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I downloaded first season. Now all I need is some free time and hope it's good show.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    The first four seasons were really good, so you're in for a treat.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (05.06.18)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12