PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar announces Max Payne 3

anon
24.03.09, 21:48
Rockstar Vancouver is working on the next installment of the Max Payne series for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Set for Winter 2009, the next game in the franchise will feature a retired Max, more cynical and downtrodden than ever before.

"Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 (http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/) tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence," states Rockstar. "The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction."

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," says Rockstar founder Sam Houser. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

The new game sees Max retired and moved away from New York, but he is double-crossed and left stranded in a "city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out."

Max Payne = One really unlucky bastard.

Rockstar announces Max Payne 3 (http://www.destructoid.com/rockstar-announces-max-payne-3-125929.phtml)

yoco
25.03.09, 11:04
I just love Max Payne games, I can't wait for new one. Since they announced it, they should at least put teaser out :biggrin:
Hope they won't blow it!

Aurion
25.03.09, 16:54
You made my day anon :biggrin: this is very cool man,I hope they get on releasing it very soon,cann't wait to complete the whole story.

anon
25.03.09, 20:45
Since they announced it, they should at least put teaser out :biggrin:

I found this on YouTube:

YouTube - MAX PAYNE 3 TEASER TRAILER 2009

No idea if it's the official one.

Tinkle
09.04.09, 04:49
if it is the official one hail max payne
i think its one of the very few games that i played more than thrice just for the sake offun of it
i mean its like
wham bang thank you man
awesome game if this is gonna be relised surely must download on my list then

alpacino
09.04.09, 09:01
Another nice tease, rockstar always delivers!

takomania
09.04.09, 13:53
i'm not convinced about this new release - the bullet time thing was always what made max payne unique, but now a ton of games have done it to death, the first f.e.a.r. game probably being top of the tree...

this new max payne game is gonna have to bring something really unique to the table in order to stand out from the crowd...

Se7Ven
09.04.09, 14:52
good news..thats great i need it so badley and deep:gun2::2405::SniperHeadShot2::SniperHeadShot2: :rocketwhore:

nokia
15.04.09, 20:58
what about mona sax , is she will be alive or dead :) ?