PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 versions

kazuya
23.03.09, 22:22
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6587/windows7logo.png

Windows 7 Starter

Windows 7 Starter is the only Windows 7 version not to have a 64-bit option. All of the other versions come in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
The Starter edition will be available worldwide. As the name suggests, it will be aimed mostly at netbooks and other low-end machines. Users will be limited to running only three applications at a time, not counting background processes. The Starter version will include the new Apple OSX lookalike Windows 7 taskbar, but without the live preview feature, and networking capabilities will be relatively primitive.

Windows 7 Home Basic

The Home Basic version will only be available in emerging markets, and will also target netbooks and lower powered desktop and laptop systems. It will be an analogue of Vista's Media Center edition, having limited GUI features to include the Windows 7 taskbar, with live preview, but without the full Aero Glass interface or windows navigation and touchscreen features. It will also have Internet connection sharing and wireless networking capabilities, plus laptop power management.

Windows 7 Home Premium

Aero Glass & advanced Windows navigation
Easy networking & sharing across PCs & devices
Improved media format support, enhancements to Windows Media Center and media streaming, including Play To
Multitouch and improved handwriting recognition

Windows 7 Professional

Ability to join a managed network with Domain Join
Protect data with advanced network backup and Encrypting File System
Print to the right printer at home or work with Location Aware Printing

Windows 7 Enterprise

The Enterprise edition will only be available to corporate accounts. In addition to all of the Professional version features, it will also include Microsoft's own data and application security, plus corporate networking capabilities to connect to Windows Server 2008 R2.

BitLocker data protection on internal and external drives.
DirectAccess provides seamless connectivity to your corporate network. (This requires Windows Server 2008 R2.)
Decrease time branch office workers wait to open file across the network with BranchCache. (This also requires Windows Server 2008 R2.)
Prevent unauthorized software from running with AppLocker.

Windows 7 Ultimate

The Ultimate version will only be available as an upgrade, and will include most of the features available in the Enterprise edition, probably without the corporate networking.

Personally another shit from Microsoft with this versions.Well but i smell big traffic jam upcoming on trackers:biggrin:

john.terry666
02.04.09, 18:13
Man nice post, i've thanked you for this great post. I didn't know that are so many versions of the Windows 7. I've heard that the new windows is more stable , more powerfull than his older pal XP. I am waiting with my soul in my month for this windows to be stable and ready to go. :)