PDA

View Full Version : mufin - Your music discovery engine

anon
18.03.09, 18:19
What is mufin?

mufin is your music discovery engine, using which you can easily discover new music in our database with millions of songs - with exactly the sound that you dig.

How does mufin work?

mufin knows the musical essence of millions of songs and connects those songs that have a similar essence. This essence consists of sound properties like tempo, instruments, sound density or harmony. Whether the music is well-known or not, which genre it belongs to, when it was released or where in the world it was made, plays no role when you discover music using mufin. What matters is the sound!

Why is mufin called mufin? How much does it cost?

mufin is an abbreviation for music finder. Because this is exactly what mufin does: It finds new music. mufin is free, you pay nothing for using it.

Link (http://www.mufin.com/) :thumbsup:

SealLion
19.03.09, 01:18
I think this is something similiar to Coda.FM, isn't it??

Basically, a cornucopia of music.

Coda.FM is also a purely music site (open, that is). MOst of the songs there are from PirateBay, but its all music.

So Mufin, as it seems to me, seems similiar to Coda.FM, yes??

anon
19.03.09, 17:24
Well, Coda.fm seems to be more piracy-oriented :biggrin:

mufin's intention is to let you discover new music. You enter a genre or artist, and can listen to track previews at the same time the site recommends other songs you may like. If you want the full tracks, you need to buy them from iTunes... of course there are "other means" to download them as well, so that's why I thought some of you may find mufin useful. :smile:

Aurion
20.03.09, 17:52
I've never heard of that before,I mean something that provides the same service as Spotify or Boxee but with music beats & tempos,I will surely try this out.