PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle workshop

kazuya
16.03.09, 00:04
Subtitle Workshop

Download
(http://www.urusoft.net/download.php?id=sw4&mirror=1)

Subtitle Workshop is the most complete, efficient and convenient freeware subtitle editing tool. It supports all the subtitle formats you need and has all the features you would want from a subtitle editing program. Subtitle Workshop makes subtitle creating/editing/converting tasks almost a pleasure, the amicable and intuitive interface mixes easy to access menus & must have features with advanced functions and a remarkable speed and stability, drastically reducing subtitle editing time. It includes spell check function and an advanced video preview feature which will ease the task even more. The best choice for the beginner, expert or the fansubber. Have a try, and you'll forget the rest!

Since i expect we all download much of movies i think that many of us need this kind off tool.there are many movies that you download and then when you find subtitles they just don't fit together,subs start at different times,well they must be synchronized.Well i very often,if not always use this method:

1.Open workshop
2.Video/open - movie for what are you applying the subtitle
3.File/Load subtitle - subtitle you downloaded and need to be fixed
4.Click on first phrase in sub text(Number 1),lets say its name of the movie like "Terminator",now start video and find when that sub phrase needs to be shown in video,the time when movie name ,Terminator ,begins to show up,remember the time
5.Click on last phrase in sub text that is in movie(not translated by...),lets say "good bye",go to end of video and find when that phrase needs to be started,the time that actor starts to speak that word,remember time
6.Go to Edit/timings/adjust/adjust subtitles
7.In "first spoken line" enter the time you remembered from step 4
8.In "last spoken line" enter the time you remembered from step 5
9.Click adjust
10.Save

if it not works with that subtitle download another from someone else,but very often you don't need to adjust subtitles,if you downloaded movie from diamond,devise..,then there are often on web also subs exactly for that movie