PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper - Futuremark Browser Benchmark

vDD+wR
15.03.09, 12:26
Peacekeeper is a free online browser benchmark tool. With Peacekeeper it’s quick and easy to compare different browsers to find out which one offers the best performance on your PC.

Find out which browser offers the best performance on your system. By clicking on the "Benchmark Your Browser" button below, Peacekeeper the browser benchmark will run a wide range of tests that will measure the performance of your browser. Once complete, Peacekeeper will display the results in an easy to understand graph along with the performance details of other browsers on other systems. By running Peacekeeper on a variety of different browsers you will be able to find out which browser works best for your system.

Link (http://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/index.action)

Just tried it out with both browsers here, the IE8 RC1 and the latest stable Opera version 9.64.

The results:

Internet Explorer (v8.0) Scored:
221 Points

Opera (v9.64) Scored:
442 Points

Pretty obvious, which will be/ stays my favorite one... :wink:

Greetz vDD

anon
15.03.09, 17:58
Where's the link? :biggrin: I have added it to your post. :wink:

I got just 227 points in Firefox 3.0.6 - but had a lot of programs and tabs open, which to get the best results should be closed before doing the test. :tongue:

The fastest system has 2389 points... :shockkk!:

Safari (v4.0)
2389 Points
Processor: Intel Core i7 Processor 920
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Memory: 6144 MB
Form factor: Desktop

kazuya
15.03.09, 18:07
Firefox (v3.0.7) Scored:

511 Points :tongue:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4
2Gb ram
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

vDD+wR
15.03.09, 18:08
Where's the link? :biggrin:

Oh man, totally forgot it.. :biggrin:

Thx for editing the post. 2389 is really a huge jump compared to my cripple 442 points...

But when you look at the system you'll see that only the latest hardware was used to get that record. :wink:

Edit: as it seems kazuya is the SB-I number 1. :biggrin:

anon
15.03.09, 18:16
But when you look at the system you'll see that only the latest hardware was used to get that record. :wink:

Yes, of course - a cutting-edge processor and GFX card, and lots of RAM... :eek:

Chrome uses the same engine as Safari, so that benchmark should speak well of it too. :tongue:

vDD+wR
15.03.09, 18:26
Yes, of course - a cutting-edge processor and GFX card, and lots of RAM...

Yes, maybe they could have scored even more points by changing Win7 into WinXP, since Win7 is still beta.

ghostfucker
15.03.09, 23:18
@kazuya, pwned :tongue:

ff 3.0.7
658 Points

opteron ~3,3ghz SC
2gb ram
gtx 7800