PDA

View Full Version : FunFile Gone - For At Least A Few Weeks, Maybe Forever

anon
11.03.09, 20:51
It appears that FunFile.org (http://www.funfile.org/) is officially gone, at least for the time being. Their website has been down for most of the day; same with their IRC channel.

l0ckd0wn, FunFile's owner - earlier today wrote this (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/01/12/funfile-fail-spinoff-sites-that-are-good-for-bittorrent/#comment-86119) at FSF:

I'm sorry to all FunFile members the donations goal was never met, thus due to people not donating. The site will be closed for a few weeks till me and the staff's find some the money. We will borrow from the bank if we need to. I'm sorry member of FunFile we will be back on shortly.

Aaron, a member of FunFile that was on their IRC channel, wrote:

Funfile staff MicroMaster told us 2 day ago in IRC we are still short on donations, and if we didn't get $1000 the site as you know and love will be closing down. They gave all members 2 days to get the money but the money was never raised so the site has close down for good.

FunFile Gone - For At Least A Few Weeks, Maybe Forever | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/03/10/funfile-gone-for-at-least-a-few-weeks-maybe-forever/)

kazuya
11.03.09, 21:39
Damn,i had such a nice ratio there.It was not one of the best but really good tracker.Don't think they will come back anymore

anon
11.03.09, 21:42
If they don't come back, you can use Pretome, an spin-off. The site layout is similar, it has great content, and good speeds. :smile:

kazuya
11.03.09, 22:12
Thanks for advice,but i have enough good trackers for now,maybe i try it later.Still to bad its gone:frown:

Tavius
11.03.09, 23:06
Hey, just to inform you, Funfile.org is not dead, or shut down, and will be back online in a few days, we had a raid problem in our hard disks and we are getting this repaired, don't know who that user was that said micromasters told him we would be shut down but that isn't true, im staff at funfile and we will be back up and running as soon as this issue is fixed

Thanks

Tavius

anon
12.03.09, 19:25
Good to see a tracker staff member around. :wink: I think you should post that in the FSF article as well. :smile:
-----------------------------------
Update:

Pending the recent news, it appears that FunFile has recently purchased a new server. They had to wait to load the remote backup because the person who's server it was on went to bed. As such, the site *should* be fully restored today.

The issue apparently is hardware-related, and FSF apologizes for any misleading information.

kazuya
14.03.09, 19:16
Yep FunFile is back...

As you are no doubt aware we are now back online, It was about 12AM and I got a notice that FunFile had suffered an unknown failure. Long story short we called SoftLayer and determined that the RAID controller for the box had 'broken' and couldn't see half the devices on the array. After spending half the day trying to recover the data from the array, we wrote it off as a lost cause since repairing the inodes one at a time would have taking literally days of mind numbing work. Attemping to find the Silver Lining we decided to use this as a chance to rework FunFiles hardware and streamline it as much as possible, as well as trying to get as much speed as possible to reduce load times ect... Result:

2x Intel Quad Core @ 2.66GHz
8GB ECC DDR2 RAM
4x Intel SSD 64G SSD in RAID

We are hoping this will dramatically increase FunFile's response time, but never the less we would like to apologize for this downtime, and with all the drama that has been going on of late in FunFile it couldn't have picked a worse time to crap out on us. That being said this move did allow us to cut costs a bit and donators who have access to see the monthly amount will notice has gone down a fair bit, and we are hoping to slim it down even more in the future. Additionally we are in the process of recoding parts of FunFile for IPv6 support which we hope to bring online in the near future, so those you who get all tingly at the thought of Hex-Based IP Adressing will be able to use that.

Good to have you back:top:

anon
14.03.09, 22:34
At this funfile is back with the opensignup

Not anymore:

The current user account limit (30,000) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later...