PDA

View Full Version : Real winning streak ends as Barcelona go six clear in Spainsh League

zatoicchi
08.03.09, 08:22
MADRID (AFP) - Real Madrid's run of wins came to an end on Saturday when they were held to a 1-1 draw at the Santiago Bernabeu by city rivals Atletico, allowing Barcelona to extend their lead at the top to six points.

After two successive defeats Barcelona got back on track with a 2-0 home win over Athletic Bilbao to stretch their advantage over Real by two points.

Real had won ten straight league games to cut Barcelona's advantage from 12 points to four in just three games and were hoping to put wind in their sails for Tuesday's Champions League showdown with Liverpool at Anfield, a match in which they trail 1-0 from the first leg.

Uruguayan striker Diego Forlan put Atletico ahead on 38 minutes with his 18th goal of the season but Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - cup-tied for the Champions League - equalised after 57 minutes.

Real winning streak ends as Barcelona go six clear in Spainsh League (http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AuHO5tzObCKILkKgBTUJVGcmw7YF?slug=afp-fblesp&prov=afp&type=lgns)

boruc
13.03.09, 19:58
viva barcelona , what a team although still miss ronaldinho:klatsch_3:

MarkH748
19.03.09, 15:53
I'd probably pick Barca to edge it due to the fact that they've sorted they're defensive problems out whilst Real havent. Although if they can bag 5 every week like they did last weekend it shouldnt matter :P. I think if Barca go on a Champions league run they might begin to tire by the end of the season if Real keep the pressure on. Should be more interesting than the Premier League anyway which is wrapped up despite what people say.

Tarantino
31.03.09, 00:11
I support Barcelona as squarda I think the most complete. :klatsch_3:

downtown
03.07.09, 23:31
visca el barca!
very happy to see the best team in the world right now go on and win the tough la liga.
Just hope they keep etoo, don't buy ibrahimovic and maybe add david villa to the roster for next season.