anon
25.02.09, 20:42
Get the .torrent from the tracker

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3428

Start the ghostleeching mod you want

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3429

Load the torrent. When the "add new torrent" window appears, click on Advanced:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3430

In the Torrent Properties window, untick the "enable DHT", "peer exchange" and "local peer discovery" checkboxes, and click OK:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3431

Click OK again on the "add new torrent" window. The torrent will start running:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3432

Wait until it connects to as many peers as possible. There are two choices now:

either you stop the torrent, then do as follows. This will add a few KBs of download to your account, but is harder to detect. (Recommended) Or:
go to the next step without stopping the torrent. This won't add any download, but it's possible for advanced scripts to detect it.

After you make your choice, highlight the torrent, go to the Trackers tab below, right-click the tracker, and click on "remove tracker":

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3434

Click on Yes when asked for confirmation.

Log out of the tracker's Web frontend.

Change your IP and uTorrent port, so that it's harder to detect you.

Start the torrent again, and watch the speed rise at the same time you no longer report to the tracker:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3433

Tips

Only use this method on torrents with a high S/L ratio
Some trackers, particularly higher level trackers (e.g. ScT, but also TopHos) can detect it - search our board for "(tracker name) ghostleeching", to see if anyone has already tried this at a particular tracker.
Change your IP before re-logging in to the tracker! You can use my script (http://www.sb-innovation.de/23909-post21.html), the AOL Software (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/tut-how-change-your-ip-address-aol-software-9897/), or spoof your MAC (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-change-spoof-mac-address-9761/).

Mod Features

Multiple versions: v1.6 Build 474, 1.6.1, 1.8.3 and 1.9
The completed flag isn't sent
The private flag is ignored (necessary to be able to remove the tracker URL without uTorrent "forgetting" about all peers)
[1.8.3 and 1.9] Removed call-homes
[1.9] Emulates 1.8.3 Build 15772 to the tracker and peers

Note: these mods are now outdated. New ones won't be posted, since you can achieve the same effect using the official uTorrent.

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Password:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

83sev5hb08wrz0ko

swesucker
26.02.09, 20:59
thx man..................................
it says that the code is wrong? :(

Butcho
26.02.09, 21:04
Tip the pw manually then it should work...

Mr.unknown
27.02.09, 04:18
@ Anon Bro.. How We Can Change The IP Address ... Confused About This Point.. :confused2:

Or Its Possible To Hide The IP Address... And Then Access Any Torrents Site.. And Admin May Not Know About This That This XYZ person Use In Invisible Mode...

idigiti
27.02.09, 06:23
After resuming the braked download is it necessary to repeat the beginning steps?

anon
27.02.09, 16:13
@ Anon Bro.. How We Can Change The IP Address ... Confused About This Point.. :confused2:

It depends on your connection. It can as easy as telling your router to reconnect, or restarting it; sometimes it's possible to achieve it by changing your MAC's last byte. If you have a direct Cable connection with a dynamic IP, the IP changing script in my signature could work for you.

Or Its Possible To Hide The IP Address... And Then Access Any Torrents Site.. And Admin May Not Know About This That This XYZ person Use In Invisible Mode...

Yes, that's possible with this method (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-use-proxy-apps-semi-anonymous-torrenting-4279/).

After resuming the braked download is it necessary to repeat the beginning steps?

No, because the peers' IP addresses will have been stored in uTorrent's cache.

kjsahdlkjh
28.02.09, 00:20
uTorent ist beste. nur das pw grick ich irgend wie nicht hin.

shoulder
28.02.09, 00:30
Du brauchst mindestens 5 Beiträge um es zu sehen. :wink2:

esnera_22
28.02.09, 17:42
Can I use that in closed trackers? How?

anon
28.02.09, 17:43
Of course - that's the kind of trackers it's mainly supposed to be used on. Just follow the instructions...

esnera_22
28.02.09, 17:45
How Can I change my host on my IP in utorrent? (a.b.c.c..dialin.net to esnera.de, etc)

anon
28.02.09, 17:47
I think you mean how to change your IP?

There are plenty of ways. If you're behind a router, try restarting it. If you have a direct connection, change your MAC's last byte (here (http://devices.natetrue.com/macshift/)'s a tool to do so). If you have a direct Cable connection with a dynamic IP, try the IP Switching script in my signature.

esnera_22
28.02.09, 17:59
How can I use IPV6 in utorrent or I have to use IPV4?

anon
28.02.09, 17:59
You should go for IPv4.

esnera_22
28.02.09, 18:04
Can I use ipfilter in these clients or not?

anon
28.02.09, 18:05
Yes, you can, the same way as with the official uTorrent.

hitman
28.02.09, 19:54
post restriction is removed

aeiou
02.03.09, 18:36
Hi i want to know How to change my ip. my router is D-link dsl-2540t.Thanks for advance :top:

anon
02.03.09, 18:59
Hi i want to know How to change my ip. my router is D-link dsl-2540t.

I don't have too much experience with routers, but enabling MAC cloning in your router and changing your network card's MAC last byte with Macshift (http://devices.natetrue.com/macshift/). For example, if your current address is:

00 01 02 03 AB CD

Enable MAC cloning, then change it to:

00 01 02 03 AB CE

Restart your router and check if you have a new IP...

reg-sb
19.03.09, 08:37
hi there,

can i use this normally w/o removing trackers and all that ?
'cause it says something about "flag" [under mod features] which i dont "precisely" understand ..

thanks
peace out.

anon
19.03.09, 17:06
hi there,

can i use this normally w/o removing trackers and all that ?

No, because then it wouldn't be ghostleeching. :wink:

If you don't understand a part of the tutorial just post here. :smile:

reg-sb
20.03.09, 11:14
No, because then it wouldn't be ghostleeching. :wink:

so will it work like a default utorrent client ?

shoulder
20.03.09, 14:27
The completed flag isn't sent
The private flag is ignored (necessary to be able to remove the tracker URL without uTorrent "forgetting" about all peers)

Not completely, the completed flag isn't send which may cause a ban on some sites.
Also the private flag is ignored which may cause your stat being incorrect. :wink2:

anon
20.03.09, 17:46
That's right shoulder :top:

But this is ghostleeching, so the completed flag should never reach the tracker in the first place. :tongue: I made that mod so that at least any possible Hit&Runs won't be traced should you forget to remove the tracker URL.

Same goes for the private flag thing - that was necessary to prevent uTorrent from "forgetting" about all peers when you remove the address, but otherwise you can't report incorrect stats if you're not ever reporting again in the first place. :biggrin:

So, reg-sb, this isn't a normal client. Just read the tutorial carefully. :smile:

conan
24.03.09, 23:59
i was wondering what happens when high level tracker detect you.
they ban your current ip or they have a way to recognize your profile and ban it too?

anon
25.03.09, 00:00
They'll ban your account for sure. Some may do the same with your IP and/or entire range.

jokerboy57
27.03.09, 05:12
i keep getting some weird errors when i try to open the utorrent 1.8 mod

---------- Post added at 05:12 ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 ----------

! C:\WINDOWS.0\Temp\uTorrent 1.8.2 Build 14458 Ghostleeching Mod.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file uTorrent 1.8.2 Build 14458 Ghostleeching Mod\NoComplete_GhostLeech.exe (wrong password ?)
! Cannot execute "C:\WINDOWS.0\TEMP\Rar$EX22.594\uTorrent 1.8.2 Build 14458 Ghostleeching Mod\NoComplete_GhostLeech.exe"
! C:\WINDOWS.0\Temp\uTorrent 1.8.2 Build 14458 Ghostleeching Mod.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file uTorrent 1.8.2 Build 14458 Ghostleeching Mod\NoComplete_GhostLeech.exe (wrong password ?)
! Cannot execute "C:\WINDOWS.0\TEMP\Rar$EX23.656\uTorrent 1.8.2 Build 14458 Ghostleeching Mod\NoComplete_GhostLeech.exe"

this is when i keep getting

anon
27.03.09, 12:34
Type the password manually.

iBURNmyGAM3S
23.04.09, 12:20
So do we know where this is ok to use or not?

iBURNmyGAM3S:o)

anon
23.04.09, 17:50
Search our board for the tracker's name and "ghostleeching"; it works at TL and TR for example.

tecere
30.04.09, 03:25
the specific trackerfiles still work ? like the previous version had IPT & TL specific client files

dunkendonuts
30.04.09, 05:16
Would this leeching majig work on something like waffles for example or pretome.

Dynamic
30.04.09, 09:10
With a static IP...this method would not work very well for is that correct?

Butcho
30.04.09, 11:39
It works but it isn't perfect because then they can search after the ghostleeching ip of their client which isn't in the peerlist at the tracker and find your account...

anon
30.04.09, 17:17
the specific trackerfiles still work ? like the previous version had IPT & TL specific client files

That's for the old RM, and new versions have fixed this.

Would this leeching majig work on something like waffles for example or pretome.

It most likely works at Pretome. I don't know about Waffles, but I wouldn't recommend you try it.

With a static IP...this method would not work very well for is that correct?

What Butcho said.

But if the tracker doesn't ban proxies you could make the only announce from behind one - have a look at the semi-anonymous torrenting tutorial in my sig.

mmmmm
08.05.09, 22:46
I think anon u should put one of this mod in every new utorrent mods .

anon
08.05.09, 22:48
I don't know... the procedure to use the ghostleeching mod correctly would make the post twice as long :biggrin:

On the other side, I could link to this thread or a tutorial, but for some reason I think this method deserves a separate spot.

By the way, I'll update this mod soon :wink:

mmmmm
08.05.09, 22:56
I don't know... the procedure to use the ghostleeching mod correctly would make the post twice as long :biggrin:

On the other side, I could link to this thread or a tutorial, but for some reason I think this method deserves a separate spot.

By the way, I'll update this mod soon :wink:

Yes,its deserve separate topic but what i meant u forget to update it every new utorrent mods.
Thanks for it and waiting the new version for this mod also 1.9 alpha.

anon
08.05.09, 22:57
I didn't forget... was just waiting a bit between releases :smile:

And there'll be a 1.9-based mod too. :top:

yoco
26.05.09, 22:26
Does this maybe work on version 1.8.1.?

anon
26.05.09, 22:28
Not until I make a v1.8.1 ghostleeching mod :biggrin:

I plan to update this soon, will also add that version and 1.9, then.

yoco
26.05.09, 22:32
I see. Then I need your help anon. I did download version 1.8.2. but it didn't work fine, something with connecting to seeds and peers. You allready once gave me the solution, but I can't remember where is now, all I know that I had to change something in settings. So if you know what I'm talking about, plz write it again. :redface:

anon
26.05.09, 22:34
You mean this?

In 1.8.0 - 1.8.2, bt.transp_disposition controls which transport is used for outgoing connections only (that is, it doesn't filter incoming connections). The values are interpreted as follows:

0: attempt only TCP
1: attempt both TCP and uTP, drop TCP if uTP is successful
2: attempt uTP if supported, TCP otherwise
3: attempt only uTP

yoco
26.05.09, 22:38
I'm not sure! I have value 255 in my settings!

anon
26.05.09, 22:39
255 means using both TCP and uTP. Try setting it to 0.

yoco
26.05.09, 22:41
I set it.
How will know if this ghostleeching works? Do I check in my tracker profile?

anon
26.05.09, 22:43
Ghostleeching works by "hitting" the tracker just once to get as many peers as you can.

You may see that the torrent appears in your profile for around an hour, then disappears.

yoco
27.05.09, 10:12
Thank you for your help, but I just noticed that if I want this to work, I need to change my IP, and I can't do that! :frown: :mad2:

anon
27.05.09, 14:29
The IP change is just to enhance security, as they won't see the same IP that announced to the tracker in the swarm. If you're desperate, you ghostleech without changing it :tongue:

yoco
27.05.09, 15:41
No, as long as I have Vuze mod I think I'll just fine! :top:

Unregistered
27.05.09, 18:22
Hi !
Thanks for your tutorials Anon, I haven't tested anything yet, i'm just trying to document myself and be sure to understand everything before starting.

- I was just wondering something about IP changing. If my understanding is correct, ghostleeching consists on being invisible from the tracker once we have passed the first steps you described in the tuto. Then, why to change IP again ? is it still visible for the tracker ? As if I believe your other tutorial here: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=4279, we can only be semi-anonymous, hiding from the trackers, but we can not hide our real IP from the peer-list.
Am I right ?

- I was also interested in what somebody asked previously here, is this utorent version behaving as any other "standard" client if we don't apply the tutorial in a non-ghostleeching use ?

(sorry for my english ^^)

anon
27.05.09, 21:44
- I was just wondering something about IP changing. If my understanding is correct, ghostleeching consists on being invisible from the tracker once we have passed the first steps you described in the tuto.

Basically - it's about announcing just once to get as much peers as possible, then leech from them while you no longer report anything to the tracker (and therefore avoid affecting your ratio).

Then, why to change IP again ?

You should change your IP so that they can't see the same address that announced to the tracker inside the swarm.

As if I believe your other tutorial here: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=4279, we can only be semi-anonymous, hiding from the trackers, but we can not hide our real IP from the peer-list.
Am I right ?

You can conceal your address from other peers as well by using a VPN or "torrent proxy" service, but that's outside my tutorial's scope. :tongue:

- I was also interested in what somebody asked previously here, is this utorent version behaving as any other "standard" client if we don't apply the tutorial in a non-ghostleeching use ?

No, since it ignores the private flag and doesn't send the "completed" one.

Unregistered
27.05.09, 22:33
thx for your answers !

It's now more clear even if it remains a little tecnical for me ^^

I saw this more than a way to enforce anonymity even if it's not the purpose (actually i'm not using private trackers nor concerned with ratios !)

It also looks like this version of utorrent can't be installed in a vmw virtual machine, which is a problem for me.

Anyway, thanks again !

anon
27.05.09, 22:43
I saw this more than a way to enforce anonymity even if it's not the purpose (actually i'm not using private trackers nor concerned with ratios !)

That's right, the main purpose is not changing your ratio, rather than anonymity/security; after all you'll still transfer the files (there's a way to disable upload (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/no-upload-right-now-public-trackers-10483/), though).

It also looks like this version of utorrent can't be installed in a vmw virtual machine, which is a problem for me.

An anti-unpacking security measure. However, I plan to make my future uTorrent mods VM-friendly. :smile:

Unregistered
27.05.09, 23:31
That's right, the main purpose is not changing your ratio, rather than anonymity/security; after all you'll still transfer the files (there's a way to disable upload (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/no-upload-right-now-public-trackers-10483/), though).

Thanks once again for this great tip !
I'm afraid it may not be so usefull for me, nor enough in regard of the new "anti-piracy" measures in france... as even if I don't upload I'll still be visible in the peer-list, don't I ?
If it's not the case, this is the perfect solution combined with the "semi-anonymous" method !

Unfortunately, I guess I'll have to stuck with a VPN option.. :/

(Sorry for the off-topic, and congratulations for your great contributions here !)

anon
28.05.09, 00:33
Yes, you'll still show up in the peerlist. I don't know how anti-P2P works on France - if downloading is allowed but downloading is not (a post by rom08 hints at this), abookhalil's method should be enough to keep you safe. You won't need my semi-anonymous torrenting method. :smile:

Otherwise, a VPN is the only solution. UltraVPN, a free service with good speeds, was working just great until today. :frown:

alpacino
28.05.09, 05:50
anon: once you said me a simple script could disable ghostleechers, but:

You should change your IP so that they can't see the same address that announced to the tracker inside the swarm.
Isn't this enough to trick them out? I mean, I understand why it's important to have a high S/L in order to confuse admins, but I can't see a scenario where they could catch you. Could you describe an example of how a script would detect the ghostleecher?
Using your mod, at the first announce, do you get inscribed on the snatchlist? Does it send eventstart?

anon
28.05.09, 17:35
Changing your IP enhances security:

Could you describe an example of how a script would detect the ghostleecher?

By looking at the fact that you announced just once. Even if you didn't want to download the torrent anymore, your client would send &event=stopped after deleting it.

Using your mod, at the first announce, do you get inscribed on the snatchlist? Does it send eventstart?

Yes, it sends &event=started, and it'll show you in semi-permanent snatchlists.

coolio256
01.06.09, 02:02
first: good tut:top:
2 questions: 1.Must I seed after finished the torrent ?
2.Are there experiences about GL ?

alpacino
01.06.09, 08:02
2 questions: 1.Must I seed after finished the torrent ?Only if you want to help other peers, because no tracker stats will be recorded.

DriftKing
01.06.09, 10:40
Can I use it at TL without see in My snatchlist ? :smile:

anon
01.06.09, 18:25
1.Must I seed after finished the torrent ?

What alpacino said. Remember that since you're not contacting the tracker, after some days your client won't know anybody to connect to.

2.Are there experiences about GL ?

Do a search for "<tracker name> ghostleeching". It works at TL and TR, but doesn't at ScT, for example.

Can I use it at TL without see in My snatchlist ?

Check the ghostleeching+ tutorial I posted recently. It says how to use it on TL without even contacting the tracker (i.e. no snatchlist entries at all), but this only works on popular torrents.

coolio256
01.06.09, 20:31
Do you have an other client than utorrent 1.8.2 because its banned:(

anon
01.06.09, 20:32
I can update the mod right now if you tell me which versions are allowed.

coolio256
01.06.09, 20:51
Now I use a Whitelist-client with the Ghostleechtut of Butcho
but thx:top:

anon
01.06.09, 20:53
OK... but which uTorrent version are you using? Because I'm about to update the pack, and would also like to add an older mod for trackers that don't allow the latest versions.

coolio256
01.06.09, 21:02
utorrent 1.6
Do you want to know the Build ?
Best Client using over 2 years Ghos:top:tleech with this Client

anon
01.06.09, 21:04
utorrent 1.6
Do you want to know the Build ?

Yes please. I have already modded v1.6.1 but another one can come handy as well. :smile:

coolio256
01.06.09, 21:06
of course. µTorrent 1.6 (Build 474)

anon
01.06.09, 22:31
~ I have added 1.6, 1.6.1 and 1.9 to the pack, and updated the 1.8.2 mod, apart from adding a few tips to the first post. :top:

assault
02.06.09, 17:04
@anon
you say that you should change ip on first page, this goes for all tracker, i mean its risky?
if i dont...tracker that i want to use is revtt

anon
02.06.09, 18:49
While not fully necessary, it greatly enhances security. Do it if you can.

coolio256
02.06.09, 21:59
I always don´t change my ip but with the the Ghostleech of Butcho:klatsch_3:

anon
02.06.09, 22:00
Whose mod you're using should make no difference with ghostleeching - changing your IP and port always improves security, as they won't see the same IP that announced to the tracker inside the swarm.

coolio256
02.06.09, 22:03
Yes I must say I have cheated on not so "high" trackers..only german and some english tracker....

Reichsadler
04.06.09, 20:21
Ich schreib auf deutsch, denn Englisch wird mir zu kompliziert.

Gohstleeching hört sich interessant an. Ich muss quasi den normalen utorrent schließen und dann eine von dir gemoddete öffnen und dort nach Anleitung weiter machen. Dann halt bloß nicht mit der gleichen Ghostleech IP bei den Trackern einloggen. Hab ich das so richtig verstanden?

Mal sehen ob das auch mal ausprobiere. Eigentlich brauch ich ja nicht ghostleechen, denn ich hab ja meinen RM, der schafft alles.:biggrin:

anon
04.06.09, 20:23
Gohstleeching hört sich interessant an. Ich muss quasi den normalen utorrent schließen und dann eine von dir gemoddete öffnen und dort nach Anleitung weiter machen. Dann halt bloß nicht mit der gleichen Ghostleech IP bei den Trackern einloggen. Hab ich das so richtig verstanden?

Yes, if possible, change your IP after starting the torrent again, and before logging in to the tracker. It's the safest.

coolio256
05.06.09, 15:22
Ich schreib auf deutsch, denn Englisch wird mir zu kompliziert.

Mal sehen ob das auch mal ausprobiere. Eigentlich brauch ich ja nicht ghostleechen, denn ich hab ja meinen RM, der schafft alles.:biggrin:

schreib mir eine pn ich zeig dir wies geht
mfg

idigiti
07.06.09, 19:06
your ip changer script is applicable for torrents only or firefox ie and other applications also.

anon
07.06.09, 19:07
It changes the IP for the whole computer.

alpacino
09.06.09, 10:06
wow but why i m unable to see hidden content...unfair:frown:

Just hit the "thanks" button buddy. It's on the bottom right of every post. :top:

mbi0
12.06.09, 17:05
Great app would like to know how to built em lols

anon
12.06.09, 17:52
Open uTorrent on a hex-editor, and look for "numwant". You'll arrive at the announce structure - use your creativity :tongue:

SomeGuy
27.06.09, 22:39
I really appreciate this anon, you are showing genius m4d skillz.
Could we have a mod for the latest uT 1.8.3?
And how difficult would it be to emulate sending &event=stopped while you continue ghostleeching all peacefully?

anon
27.06.09, 22:41
Could we have a mod for the latest uT 1.8.3?

Sure, I'll mod it soon.

And how difficult would it be to emulate sending &event=stopped while you continue ghostleeching all peacefully?

Impossible, for two reasons:

Ghostleeching consists on never contacting the tracker after the first announce,
uTorrent is closed source, and that isn't possible to achieve with hex-mods.

You can use uni-Leech if you want perfect stealth.

SomeGuy
27.06.09, 22:47
I just don't want to have to change my ip :) That's all.
You said in this thread that the way they can track you is look for who didn't send &event=stopped and is not contacting the tracker anymore.
I have a dream! A world where we can have a one-button solution for ghostleeching!
Where our ratios will be based on our character rather than the thickness of our pipes loooool

anon
27.06.09, 22:49
I just don't want to have to change my ip :) That's all.

Should be OK, but I'd advise you to stay away from small swarms, then.

You said in this thread that the way they can track you is look for who didn't send &event=stopped and is not contacting the tracker anymore.
I have a dream! A world where we can have a one-button solution for ghostleeching!

Again, uni-Leech can send a fake stopped event after starting the torrent, it's definitely what you're looking for.

9000th post :biggrin:

agent007
02.07.09, 21:56
DAMN!! I got permanent IP :(

anon
02.07.09, 21:57
If that wasn't yet another spam post, well, too bad. Maybe you can call your ISP and ask for it to be changed, or try spoofing your MAC.

anon
04.07.09, 18:13
Seems Tophos can now detect ghostleeching. It's no wonder Melvin repped me for this mod. :tongue:

downtown
04.07.09, 19:47
Great job Anon. Just have a question, what's actually the difference between using the trackerchecker.org url in the announce to using this mod? Sorry for posting this newb question but don't know where else to ask. Thought it was pretty hard to be caught using the trackerchecker method.

anon
04.07.09, 19:48
Why would you want to use trackerchecker.org as an announce URL? It's not even a tracker, and if it was, it wouldn't track all private tracker torrents.

downtown
04.07.09, 20:26
No, but it's a way to ghostleech? I've been using it on numerous private trackers since i heard about it and it seems to be working very good. Never banned or got a warning that's why i was curious to what the difference was to this Ghostleeching mod.

anon
04.07.09, 20:28
Replacing the URL won't do anything. You could download because you got peers from the real tracker.

shadowww
05.07.09, 11:40
Ah but he doesn't update stats to tracker anymore. I think that could work. Its very primitive method of ghostleeching but if it works..

So basically, he can replace tracker's URL with www.whatever-he-wants.com to get same result... It doesn't matter. What matters is that he doesnt update dl/ul status to original tracker anymore what is core idea of ghostleeching.

anon
05.07.09, 18:34
Yes, replacing, deleting, adding a 1 in front of the tracker URL, it's the same. :smile:

anon
09.07.09, 21:39
~ The 1.8.2 and 1.9 Emu 1.8.2 builds have been updated to 1.8.3 and 1.9 Emu 1.8.3, respectively.

The emulation was a bit harder to code this time - BT Inc., where the f**k were you storing the build number!? :eek:

I have also introduced a twist to the actual ghostleeching procedure that makes it a lot harder to catch, reread the first post. Cheers to Melvin for the inspiration :top:

A full uTorrent 1.9-based leecher pack with 1.8.3 emulation will come this week.

anon
24.07.09, 01:13
~ Made some small fixes to step 4, reread it carefully!

rudrn20000
26.08.09, 17:14
wow. thanks! but isn't it convenient to just use ratio spoofer?

anon
26.08.09, 19:03
Well, with ghostleeching you can leech without affecting your ratio.

anon
27.08.09, 20:56
If any of you want an 1.8.4 or 2.0-based ghostleeching mod just tell me, although in theory, using the DHT-Patch mod from the Expansion LP should be the same.

im4x
22.09.09, 18:21
anon, if the tracker analysis the logs and see that USER1 download ABC torrent and get 1% of it and then hi stopped,and now someone downloading the 99% of it from one of the seeders! so it must be the user that download 1% of it!
is it true?

anon
22.09.09, 19:19
They can't see that someone downloaded 99% of the torrent after you stop it, but yes that a seeder uploaded 99% of it to someone else... and he begun right after you stopped it... that's why you should use this method on popular torrents.

im4x
22.09.09, 21:30
and at real world
is it possible that they track that someone download 99% of a torrent?
trackers cant see any thing in this way,users can
although uploading 99% for someone is counted for seeders,so why a seeder should pay attention to peers and the percentage of downloaded size?

anon
22.09.09, 21:31
is it possible that they track that someone download 99% of a torrent?

Yes, if they look at the peerlist. I mean, if the torrent has few seeders and leechers, it's easy to realize you're ghostleeching if the seeders keep on reporting upload after you have stopped the torrent. (Depending on the scripts, that could even get them banned.)

im4x
22.09.09, 21:55
but if i change my IP/mac ,utorrent port number completely they see that some one is ghostleecher! but dont know who?....but if they can see one download 1% of file before they can find that he is a ghostleecher!
is there any other way that they can find the ghostleecher?

anon
22.09.09, 21:56
but if i change my IP/mac ,utorrent port number completely they see that some one is ghostleecher!

That'll protect you against staff looking for the IP that announced in the swarm, yes. They can still find you if what I described above is given. But that's very unlikely to happen.

is there any other way that they can find the ghostleecher?

If you don't stop the torrent before removing the tracker URL, advanced scripts could detect this, too.

mangathala2002
16.10.09, 10:34
Do any of you guys know the insides of a .torrent file?

like suppose i download a .torrent file from a public tracker(which is also available on a private tracker). When i changed the announce url to a private tracker i'm not able to download the file. Do trackers edit the .torrent file or it has something to do with HASH

anon
16.10.09, 14:20
it has something to do with HASH

How do you want to download the torrent from a private tracker after changing the URL if it isn't tracking it?

mangathala2002
19.10.09, 06:47
How do you want to download the torrent from a private tracker after changing the URL if it isn't tracking it?

But if the private tracker is also tracking the torrent then i should be able to download it right?

But that's where the problem is! I'm not able to download the torrent.

Here's what i did: Download the .torrent file from the tpb/demonoid (lets say its a scene release so that same torrent is also available on a private tracker). I then open it in ut and change the announce URL to my private tracker announce URL. But when i did that i was not able to download the torrent ? My question is WHY?

anon
19.10.09, 14:12
Even if it's the same torrent, the SHA1 hash will be different. You're out of luck with this.

Pingu
10.11.09, 04:15
hello there, this seems quite interesting, so at trackers with low security like TL should work wonders, right?

at TL, wich is safer, this or the RF?

Instab
10.11.09, 04:22
well on TL ghostleeching won't have much effect cause they count the announces and if you're ghostleeching there're no announces.
that aside you would have a snatchlist full of downloads stopped at like 2.3% or so. looks suspicious and TL have a permanent snatchlist

Pingu
10.11.09, 04:40
what do you mean by "much effect"?? get me banned or work great? regarding the announces i know they count but it would be just fine, i dl a few mb and announced once, then cancelled, that's what you would see....

Instab
10.11.09, 06:01
edit .....

---------- Post added at 06:01 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------

what do you mean by "much effect"?? get me banned or work great? regarding the announces i know they count but it would be just fine, i dl a few mb and announced once, then cancelled, that's what you would see....

yes, sorry, i've never tried that on TL but be sure to change the ip before and after the download.
i would however not recommend to use that on TL. there're simpler ways to get even there ...

anon
10.11.09, 13:16
that aside you would have a snatchlist full of downloads stopped at like 2.3% or so. looks suspicious and TL have a permanent snatchlist

If you stop the torrent before removing the tracker URL, yes. But you'll look like you got the wrong torrent and deleted it after realizing this. Also, entries on TL's snatchlist clear after a few weeks/months. Add their 160000+ users on top of that... they're not Waffles, where snatchlists keep the info of deleted torrents and even pruned users.

If you do it without stopping it (which works fine at TL), yes, this is suspicious. Your PC/network could've crashed, but your client would report to the tracker as soon as you're up again. But chances they notice this are very, very slim.

Instab
10.11.09, 21:12
If you stop the torrent before removing the tracker URL, yes. But you'll look like you got the wrong torrent and deleted it after realizing this.

sure, depends on how often this is done.

Pingu
11.11.09, 04:53
hmm, i dl lots of shows, 10+ torrents a week makes it really risky, better RF from time to time, thanks!

Instab
11.11.09, 05:23
hmm, i dl lots of shows, 10+ torrents a week makes it really risky, better RF from time to time, thanks!

on TL i would recommend GT or RF resp. "seeding" with other tools to keep a decent buffer.
more here: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=6762

anon
11.11.09, 14:53
TV shows have the advantage of having lots of leechers. You can easily make a good buffer with them, then hit & run them using a NoComplete uTorrent mod when it's high enough.

Pingu
12.11.09, 19:28
How does the Nocomplete works? in my profile i will have 100% but the tracker wouldn't know i completed it?

shoulder
12.11.09, 19:32
All the NoComplete does is not sending a certain flag, so you're basically right. :wink2:

anon
12.11.09, 19:34
shoulder is right. I included it so that the tracker can't trace hit & runs in case you forget to remove the tracker URL. Although in high-level trackers it may do more harm than good, so I'd advice you use a DHT-Patch mod instead.

DEViL.eXE
25.05.11, 19:24
Can I do that with deluge ?

anon
25.05.11, 19:27
Can I do that with deluge ?

Find out yourself using a public torrent. :idunno:

DEViL.eXE
25.05.11, 19:35
Works also with deluge.

Y008
14.11.11, 14:39
great tutorial anon;
I have a question;is this working on What.cd?If it is not,is there any Ghostleeching method that works there?
Thanks.

anon
14.11.11, 15:59
Tried searching the What.cd for "ghostleeching" already? It can be done by clicking on "Search Thread" above the first post on any page.

Y008
15.11.11, 13:16
iI tried anon,but in vain,but I think that this method works on what.cd?If I added a few KBs to my download :P,right?

anon
15.11.11, 13:26
It worked, then it didn't, now it does. :unsure:

If you aren't banned, I guess it works. Or maybe it's only when you use it sparingly and don't ghostleech 100 FLAC albums in one hour.

Y008
15.11.11, 13:36
iI tried anon,but in vain
I was talking about the SEARCHING in this thread about what.cd,no results :P
Sorry for spamming and do not worry,my What.cd account is still alive :D