PDA

View Full Version : Azureus + U Torrent = ++

soOolutions
20.02.09, 09:52
:g67tu3:

I know its a silly question .. but the other day while i was lost in my boredom i had a idea click in my head like what if i run both azereus and utorrent to download the same file at the same time and saved in the exact same place will the download engines(utorrent/azereus) download different pieces of that file or will it coordinate/cooperate and download the same piece .. if u understand what I'm saying ..
not sure if it will save time as such cause i don't think it'll pull in extra bandwidth/speed !!

anon
20.02.09, 17:14
Both clients will constantly overwrite the pieces the other one managed to write, or fail to do so at all if one of them locks the partial files, so you'll never finish the torrent.

You could use partial downloading to download half the torrent (it is has more than one file) with uTorrent and the other half with Azureus, but on private trackers you'll be asked why you're using two clients at the same time. :wink:

alanine
05.03.09, 18:04
You could use partial downloading to download half the torrent (it is has more than one file) with uTorrent and the other half with Azureus, but on private trackers you'll be asked why you're using two clients at the same time. :wink:

is this true of all private trackers, or are there some that are known not to notice...sorry for the silly clarification, new to this like i'm sure everyone was at some point :D

anon
05.03.09, 18:07
is this true of all private trackers, or are there some that are known not to notice...

Well, lower-level ones may not notice. Still, I don't recommend you do that.