PDA

View Full Version : All moderator pls take a look

mmmmm
14.02.09, 06:21
this about this thread :

One of the members here is a skulking spy!! (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f135/one-members-here-skulking-spy-5742/)

read please its from moofdev.net

link (http://www.moofdev.net/forums/index.php?topic=2808.0)

As probably everyone else in here, I'd like to keep my participation in this forum private. However, there are a few things that make this somewhat difficult. I post them here so that admins and interested users can handle them appropiately...

ISSUE 1: I've noticed many posts in these forums that contain images hosted in external sites, either in user's avatars or in user's signatures. This poses a security/privacy threat for all of the site's users, because whenever you see a post with such an image, the browser requests it to the external server, which will log this request (including you IP and moofdev.org as the referrer!). If I were a tracker admin, I'd certainly have an account here and post a few topics as baits to see if any of the IPs seeing the topic are registered in my tracker...

SOLUTION TO ISSUE 1: Admins should disable the use of external images in these forums, just to be sure no one attempts this. In the meantime, I personally disabled avatars and signatures in the "Look and Layout Preferences" of my profile...

ISSUE 2: I've noticed some users here actually have their email address visible to everyone (through the small envelope under their username). They should make sure they haven't used the same email address to register in any trackers, as that's another sure way to get banned...

SOLUTION TO ISSUE 2: Everyone should select the option to hide their email from other members. Admins could maybe put it as the default option or mention it somewhere (as they mention the same issue with the usernames)...

i didn't finished reading the topic but from first words i remember i read some issue like that in moofdev.net i wish i could help.

SealLion
14.02.09, 16:03
This issue about email visibility was resolved a long time ago.

Look, man. I don't mean any disrespect, but
if you would have read the thread in its entirety, you would have seen that this issue which I brought up was identified.

Emails are already private as default. Seen only be a select few that are considered 'higher ranking mods'.

Now.
Having said that. Is there a way that this specific thread which I authored at that time could be deleted from the database??

Having a thread like this continue to exist in the database only incites unwarranted fear and distrust and continues to raise fear-based questions.

Please delete that specific thread I authored.

0h, and about the avatar issue. I do beleive that there exists a mechaism in place through the CSM that disables IP identification via links from this site. If thats what your talking about.

anon
14.02.09, 16:10
@mmmmm

Issue 1: that's a possibility. It's better if you all use your SB-I albums to host pictures instead of external hosters, and disable referers in your browser.

Issue 2: that doesn't happen in this board software - your e-mail addresses are kept secret.

@SealLion: thread deleted.

Aurion
18.02.09, 19:37
Just a heads up,nothing personal related to users are exposed to public,that never happens in here,everything's kept secret & not all Mods have access to it,so you don't have to worry about that.