PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question : why cheating ?...

delphine0
30.01.09, 17:57
Yes I know, it is maybe a stupid question :rolleyes:

BUT

I understand the advantages of using cheating mods for Emule : for security reason, you can become 0-uploader and totally undetectable ...

But, for Bitorrents mods ?...

What are the advantages of using cheating mods for bitorrent ?...
You're still detectable since you have to transmit your ip to tracker, no ?...
You can't become 0-uploader without being banned, can you ?...

Thx for your answers :biggrin:

anon
30.01.09, 18:00
What are the advantages of using cheating mods for bitorrent ?...

If you're on a private tracker and can't get to upload, you can cheat and increase your ratio - and having a good one is vital for your membership.

You're still detectable since you have to transmit your ip to tracker, no ?...

That's right, and peers will also see it. But you can hide it through varied methods (proxy, VPN, etc.)

You can't become 0-uploader without being banned, can you ?...

You can if you cheat.

And in eMule you're never 100% detectable even if you don't upload, share or announce any files, since you'll still have to connect to others to download.

kazuya
30.01.09, 18:08
You ask why but i bet you cheat like hell with torrents and use mods posted here.Well that way it's really a dumb question :bloedmann:

delphine0
30.01.09, 18:11
You ask why but i bet you cheat like hell with torrents and use mods posted here.Well that way it's really a dumb question :bloedmann:

I only use emule ATM ... and sbi-mods , yes :biggrin:

but I'm interested in bitorrent mods, so first of all I try to understand how these mods work and there limitations ... that's all :wink:

anon
30.01.09, 18:29
but I'm interested in bitorrent mods, so first of all I try to understand how these mods work and there limitations ... that's all :wink:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=9064

Aurion
31.01.09, 04:54
my 2 cents about this,is if you want a quicker,higher & most of all dependable buffer,then this is your only way,unless you can afford a SeedBox.

SealLion
01.02.09, 04:51

yea. Ditto.

Snitlev
01.02.09, 13:44
It's easier for noob's :rolleyes2:

best regards

mammamia11
01.02.09, 14:35
a simple answer to why we cheat cuz most of us have shitty upload speed, we cant have the 1:1 ratio with our connection and if we want that it would take us ages to do.

SealLion
01.02.09, 14:49
Well, its not only just poor upload speeds. Its also b/c some of these trackers are difficult to seed back onto after downloading.

Take waffles, PassthePopcorn and a few others. Lots of seeders but hardly any leechers to snatch your torrent you've uploaded.

And if it isn't that, then its a lack of leechers on a torrent that you've just downloaded and your' waiting ang waiting......and no one comes.

Its actually pathetic.

Everyone wants all these good trackers yet never, if hardly,ever use it.

mammamia11
01.02.09, 16:39
Well, its not only just poor upload speeds. Its also b/c some of these trackers are difficult to seed back onto after downloading.

Take waffles, PassthePopcorn and a few others. Lots of seeders but hardly any leechers to snatch your torrent you've uploaded.

And if it isn't that, then its a lack of leechers on a torrent that you've just downloaded and your' waiting ang waiting......and no one comes.

Its actually pathetic.

Everyone wants all these good trackers yet never, if hardly,ever use it.

i understand you but thats not relly a good excuse for cheating m8 and i tell you why, no matter how many leechers seeder there are you still can upload very well if the torrent still new, as long you are inside the swarm you are able to seed very well, so its a matetr of how fast you are catching new torrents.

and these days there is RSS feed that is perfect to catch new torrents, i tried it with a seedbox and it was frickin nice.

anon
01.02.09, 17:21
and these days there is RSS feed that is perfect to catch new torrents, i tried it with a seedbox and it was frickin nice.

Maybe you're right, but many of us don't have the money to buy a seedbox, and can't afford or don't want to download useless torrents just to (possibly) increase our ratio.

More trackers should adopt BCG's seed points system - you don't even need to cheat there, but just leave your client open, and because of this everyone has a chance to survive.

SealLion
01.02.09, 17:46
I don't entirely agree with you my friend.

Not all the torrents that one wants are new.

Some are at the back or in the middle.

And they've been seeding for day, weeks, hell even months.

I don't always go for the new torrents.

Lots of other persons don't either. One can't possibly keep up pace with each and every other tracker one is a member of and thus not being able to download all new torrents, yes??

There is such a thing called Having A Life.

As I was mentioning above and suggesting too. People get all these good torrent sites and hardly use them.

As a result:

1). no or very few leechers results in unfavorable ratio.

2.). HOw many times have have I uploaded a new torrent and had absolutely no leechers after seeding the damn thing for what-ever amount of days??

ANSWER: Too many times to recall on those good torrent sites.

Therefore, new torrents are not the end-all-be-all solution to your idea. They simply are not. Sorry.

Cheating is bad. Yes it is. Its done as a matter of account survival at times.

I don't like to cheat but I have accounts at sites that, accouding to the torrenting community, are considered to be pretty good sites to have accounts at.

So everyone wants to have an account there, yet hardly ever use it. A sad truth.

And please don't convince me that isn't true. It is true.

You've come across it yourself, I am sure. And if you haven't, then your at sites that I'm at where I experience this behavior with a lack of leechers. Whether its on uploaded torrents or torrents that are seeded back.

Cheating is a mark of dishonesty. Thats for sure.

But I'll be quite frank with you: I am not going to seed some torrent forever. To me, that's preposterous. I am not going to seed some torrent for a year or what-ever.

OThers do and that's fine to them.

Dead torrents can always be re-uploaded. I"ve done it and I am sure that others have too.

From what I understand, having too many sockets open does reduce your speed, correct me if I"m wrong. And if that's true, then how does that help me in maintaining ratio requirements??

It really doesn't.

So tell me here:

Do you, yourself cheat??

C'mon, man you must be.

This is a cheater's den. And your here.

For me, cheating is a way to maintain account survival (as I"ve briefly mentioned above already).

Do I like to have a ratio of .20 and be on ratio-watch for 2 weeks??

ANSWER: No

and even if I was, would I wanna be on aforementioned watch and be forced to download material that I have absoluety no interest in having on my HDD??

Would I wanna be restriced to be on a download restriction or something and be forced to seed, seed, seed, and endlessy seed for 2 weeks with no leechers on some torrent that I"m at and then have my account disabled??-------No.

And all that b/c I couldn;'t maintain ration requirements at Tracker X.

Better off cheating.

All these torrents sites state that they will catch cheater's.

Some of it is true, though and IMHO, only if cheating is done incorrectly in all elements of cheating.

One can cheat and still maintain account survival.

I have. LOts of others have too.

So I don't know what else to say here. I'll let you have your rebuttal if you like.

Aurion
02.02.09, 00:56
Cheating is a mark of dishonesty. Thats for sure.

But I'll be quite frank with you: I am not going to seed some torrent forever. To me, that's preposterous. I am not going to seed some torrent for a year or what-ever.

OThers do and that's fine to them.

couldn't agree more man ... I personally believe that whatever the reason behind your cheating experience is/was but it's still for good reasons,not just like a silly salvage n00b who always living for cheating ... so afterall,a cheating term could be converted into something good,not evil!

oooh,btw,damn I love your talks! :tongue:

mammamia11
02.02.09, 18:29
i have deferent vew when it comes whey i cheat, its not about my slow upload.
i download most of time illigal software/movies/ whatever... so this make me a pirate and a pirate dont have any principles so why do i need to share something that i steal ;)
and besides in my country the law allow me to download anything but not upload illigal stuff. so if one day anyone try to catch me im clean :)

we are after all pirates

CindyVer
03.02.09, 11:34
I don't like people that cheat because they are able to.
If you have a crappy upload speed, you are not able to maintain a good ratio without cheating, I understand. But those people screaming they cheat because it's a sport, or they can ... that's just pathetic.

The fact many people have this opinion, and the fact a lot of cheater-mods are distributed on boards (like sb-i) without any restrictions causes a lot of people to cheat that have no experience with torrenting, or who believe it is cool to fake upload 1terrabyte per week.
It is the reason why trackers security has been upgraded in the last few years. It become a bigger problem and forces tracker staff to act accordingly.

snag
03.02.09, 16:46
Everyone wants all these good trackers yet never, if hardly,ever use it. Really the sad truth,I am a member of many sites and find it's really hard to seed back and all keep a good ratio on them,but I still want more high level trackers,if I have one high tracker then everything will be fine,but my lust get bigger and bigger I want more than I really need,so that's the problem.

As for cheating,I heard some of my friends say they cheat in order to get a good ratio and they are having fun with that because not many people know how to cheat,lol

mammamia11
03.02.09, 19:57
i have stoped from trying to get into high level torrents, i dont see any reason to have them, other normal trackers release all new torrents in less then one day so why should we relly have them just cuz they release something some seconds after scene.

i agree that mods shall not be used by noobs that dont know how to use it, ppl who just fake huge data like 1 tb in one week are indeed destoying for us cuz the trackers upgrade the security lvl.
the problem that i see is we cant make a prefect guide for noobs cuz there is spy here who watch over us and the moderators here dont wanna make the mods for credits cuz they have a principle to make the mods free to all.

maby one day a smart guy come with a good solution :)

anon
03.02.09, 20:11
i have stoped from trying to get into high level torrents, i dont see any reason to have them, other normal trackers release all new torrents in less then one day so why should we relly have them just cuz they release something some seconds after scene.

I think the same too. I'm not at many high-level trackers, but it's very hard to keep a good ratio on them when torrents just don't seem to seed. I personally don't care about tracker X having a pretime that's 8 seconds better than tracker Y, nor mind about waiting a few hours between a release is out and I can download it... seeding/cheating on lower-level trackers is far easier while I can still max out my line, and don't have to worry about "will my level 8-9 account get banned" every time the fake upload rises from 0.0kB/s.

the problem that i see is we cant make a prefect guide for noobs cuz there is spy here who watch over us and the moderators here dont wanna make the mods for credits cuz they have a principle to make the mods free to all.

That's true - even if we have to deal with mod theft (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f167/strike-while-iron-hot-7570/) and similar issues, "never pay for a P2P mod" is our philosophy.

And there is a good tutorial (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/tutorial-about-bittorrent-starts-basic-ends-advanced-304/) indeed for people to read and gain experience - I have learned a lot from reading it when I was just starting. :smile:

Aurion
04.02.09, 01:23

Well,if you're a rarity seeker,then such a statement doesn't have a place in here ... and I guess,this is what most traders/collectors are trying to prove ... they invented the so called "Trackers Levels" list & expanded it deeply rating & ranking different trackers based on their point of views which is after all a LAME thing to believe in!

zatoicchi
04.02.09, 07:47
Why Cheat...its because of seeing how much i can get away with it..:wink:

mammamia11
04.02.09, 08:52
Well,if you're a rarity seeker,then such a statement doesn't have a place in here ... and I guess,this is what most traders/collectors are trying to prove ... they invented the so called "Trackers Levels" list & expanded it deeply rating & ranking different trackers based on their point of views which is after all a LAME thing to believe in!

i didnt uderstand what you mean by rarity seeker. if you mean if i search for rare stuff then i still can find most of things in normal trackers.

i think guys who try to have the higher level is so they can get the release fast and go and help seeding on other trackers, thats a reason i think

anon
04.02.09, 16:45
i didnt uderstand what you mean by rarity seeker.

A rarity seeker is someone whose aim is to get inside the rarest trackers available (like U*-T or F***), often without intentions of really using the account other than what's needed to keep it alive.

Tracker levels determine how common or rare a tracker is (and only that). You can find an updated level list here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-what-trackers-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-298328/) [FST, you have to register]

i think guys who try to have the higher level is so they can get the release fast and go and help seeding on other trackers, thats a reason i think

That's pre/instaseeding, and a good way of improving your ratio honestly.

shoulder
04.02.09, 16:59
But the truth is, most high level tracker haven't got awesome pre times, SCC and ScT beat them, same goes for content. :wink2:

Aurion
05.02.09, 06:27
I second shoulder's words ... those what so called "High lvl" trackers are meant for rarity seekers who love to stay in a tight closet with other nerds just to keep chit chatting!

Zseeds
08.02.09, 16:30
Why do I cheat?
Well, I have a upload speed of MAX 25 kb/s!

rom08
08.02.09, 19:06
For me cheating is a way to be able to continue downloading.I have already receive a warning for files I was sharing(after that sentence is internet suspension for 6 months to 1 year).But they know what your downloading by your shared files.So for me I cheat with no upload at all and no share files and no publish files in emule and equivalent in torrent.
Before the law and the warning from my ISP I was a real seeder emule uploading 24/7 and my reel ratio in torrent was 1.2 for upload.
I regret a bit to have to cheat but what else to do to download?(I don't dowload a lot most of it are series like Heroes)
My problem is not to be banned but to continue having internet

Nobody
08.02.09, 20:07
I think part of the reason laymen try to cheat, without really knowing much about bittorrent--is that uploading is considered as "bad". In the mind of the common populace, that's how you get caught. So if you remain a stealthy leecher who snatches and runs, your less likely to be prosecuted or caught. Which we know is rubbish and underminds the entire principle of "file sharing", but how do you convince someone who doesn't know any better?

Another reason is that a lot of these people know nothing about computers. So when they set up bittorrent, they set it to take their whole upload pipe, or they don't forward their ports properly, or they have a router that just plain sucks and doesn't support many open connections. The list goes on from there, but it boils down to this: they don't know what they're doing, and when they turn on bittorrent the internet slows down or stops.

Aurion
09.02.09, 18:02
I think part of the reason laymen try to cheat, without really knowing much about bittorrent--is that uploading is considered as "bad". In the mind of the common populace, that's how you get caught. So if you remain a stealthy leecher who snatches and runs, your less likely to be prosecuted or caught. Which we know is rubbish and underminds the entire principle of "file sharing", but how do you convince someone who doesn't know any better?

Actually in that case,I believe such a person cann't be existing in this scene of "file sharing"

Another reason is that a lot of these people know nothing about computers. So when they set up bittorrent, they set it to take their whole upload pipe, or they don't forward their ports properly, or they have a router that just plain sucks and doesn't support many open connections. The list goes on from there, but it boils down to this: they don't know what they're doing, and when they turn on bittorrent the internet slows down or stops.

Now,that's another good reason I guess for messing up with fakers,it's most likely another resort that a leecher would take advantage of just to get out of his deep sh*t

czullo
09.02.09, 18:09
why cheating ?...

Just beucase I can!

CindyVer
10.02.09, 11:36
I think part of the reason laymen try to cheat, without really knowing much about bittorrent--is that uploading is considered as "bad". In the mind of the common populace, that's how you get caught. So if you remain a stealthy leecher who snatches and runs, your less likely to be prosecuted or caught. Which we know is rubbish and underminds the entire principle of "file sharing"

Hmmm ... I believe you should follow the news a bit more involving filesharers that get arrested. It's mostly people that pré-release things, upload movies before they are in theaters, music before it is in the stores, tracker-admins and people that upload and share files. Downloader hardly ever get prosecuted.

Authorities hardly ever prosecute against a guy who just snatches a file from a tracker. And in some countries the legislation even allows downloading, but prohibits sharing/uploading.

Zseeds
10.02.09, 14:54
^ Can u tell me if its allowed to download in the U.S.A? But not upload?

splicer
11.02.09, 19:11
^ Can u tell me if its allowed to download in the U.S.A? But not upload?
Lazy:biggrin:

I know that in Spain, my country of residence, it's legal to download copy-righted material, hence I've never received one of the dreaded letters.:tongue2: