PDA

View Full Version : Empire: Total War

kazuya
27.01.09, 13:06
Release: Mar 3, 2009

There have been ambitious grand strategy games in the past that have challenged you to create and maintain an empire by managing both military campaigns and peacetime duties, such as trade, diplomacy, and technological research. But none so far have aspired to paint as epic a picture as Creative Assembly's Empire: Total War, which will challenge you to conquer the New World by way of economic supremacy and political skulduggery, by waging massive land-based wars with hundreds of brave foot soldiers, and by waging equally massive naval wars with an armada of cannon-laden vessels. We got our hands on an early version of the game, and we're here to bring you an exclusive look at what you can expect. Read more (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/empiretotalwar/news.html?sid=6202468&mode=previews)

YouTube - Empire:Total War "It's on!" gameplay trailer!!

yoco
28.01.09, 09:27
This is just like Rome Total War, right? Played that game, pretty good, but I got bored after a while.

kazuya
28.01.09, 11:20
Right,this is fifth game from Total War series,but with new technology's and graphics.Didn't yet played any Total war but i think this will be a good one.I played before Age of empires and it was really good,hope this game will be good to.

MrPeelo
28.01.09, 20:47
I'm hoping that they nail the naval battles so that smaller and more agile ships might have a chance of outmaneuvering larger ships in the right wind conditions. The era itself is also fascinating...though I was sort of hoping for Shogun:TW2 to be the next game in the series. ;)

3lster
06.02.09, 11:13
This is just like Rome Total War, right? Played that game, pretty good, but I got bored after a while.

Hehe, I am still playing Rome....not the Vanilla of course but all kinds of mods.
Just luv it! Can't wait for Empire!! I am quite curious about the Sea battles though. Hope it doesn't get to complicated. Frustration kills the fun.
I like the time period, fitts good to the formation style battles.

Aurion
08.02.09, 23:57
Sounds great,gfx are good too!