PDA

View Full Version : Why is JDownloader running so slow?

jacatone
21.01.09, 06:42
I'm running the Linux version of JDownloader (the latest version), but I'm only getting download speeds of 6-8 kbps while I have a fast broadband connection. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks.

plentonimus
21.01.09, 09:33
I'm only getting download speeds of 6-8 kbps while I have a fast broadband connection. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
I don't think that you are doing something wrong (nor does jdownloader).
This is a hoster problem - If you're downloading a file with jdownloader from e.g. megashares.com you get this poor speed, but since this particular hoster supports multi-chunk download it'll speed up with a program like downthemall! (http://www.downthemall.net/) (also available as a firefox addon).

Unregistered
21.06.09, 05:34
I don't think that you are doing something wrong (nor does jdownloader).
This is a hoster problem - If you're downloading a file with jdownloader from e.g. megashares.com you get this poor speed, but since this particular hoster supports multi-chunk download it'll speed up with a program like downthemall! (http://www.downthemall.net/) (also available as a firefox addon).

I have the same problem too but when I do think it is the jdownloaders fault because when I delete jdownloader then download it again and extract it it work again with high speed then after one or two download it started to download at 2-10 kb/sec. Also when I download from the original site it was high speed too.

hitman
22.06.09, 19:24
maybe its the server where your jD is connected when downloading and depending the time RS is slowing the speed itself or at the weekend.

Unregistered
27.12.09, 14:55
You have to buy a premium account from rapidshare or your preferences. When you sign on under premium user the download speeds pick up..

Uninvited2611
04.01.10, 12:47
Try to exclude the jdownloader from your firewall and antivirus. However, jdownloader is not the program that can max your download speed like IDM. The reason for its popularity is its multifunction

Unregistered
01.04.10, 10:51
JDownloader is not limited in any way! It can download at same speed like IDM! Speed-Differences can come from different Methods to calculate the average speed and firewall/antivirus causing problems. But JD do not have to hide behind IDM! JD can easily download with 96 mbyte/s (dedicated 1gbit line).

diehard
09.04.11, 16:33
i am facing same problem with jdownloader.what is best setting and how to solve captcha automatically,mean no need to write captcha .
thanks

ErRor
09.04.11, 17:53
im using jdownloader in ubuntu 10.10
works fine
even if idownload from a premium link generator
speed goes even to 140kb/s

anon
09.04.11, 19:11
i am facing same problem with jdownloader.what is best setting and how to solve captcha automatically,mean no need to write captcha .
thanks

jDownloader can solve some captchas as far as I know, for the others you're on your own. Look for Premium cookies on the Internet if it bothers you so much, but only RS and MU can be used that way in jD.

DEViL.eXE
09.04.11, 22:56
The last megabytes of any download are very slow.

anon
10.04.11, 06:20
If you're using multiple connections, things may slow down as the individual segments finish downloading. That's normal.

DEViL.eXE
10.04.11, 10:59
If i used 1 connection I had the same problem. But Always on Rapidshare I get fullspeed.

anon
10.04.11, 18:43
But Always on Rapidshare I get fullspeed.

Servers close to your geographical location?

DEViL.eXE
10.04.11, 20:53
Yes of course!

Atomixxx
21.04.11, 00:07
I got this Problem only with Fileserve

Can you tell us witch hoster you use ?

For the Captchers you can use this nice Plugin

CaptchaTrader - The most affordable CAPTCHA bypass service you'll find (http://captchatrader.com/)

DudeWithPants
02.05.11, 18:05
Why don't you just use internet download manager ? It's much faster and lower on resources

SealLion
03.05.11, 07:02
Why don't you just use internet download manager ? ......

Probably because when the original thread author posted this thread 2 years ago!!!, he decided he wanted to use a Linux version of JDownloader and not a Windows application.

And besides. Since the main emphasis being different strokes for different folks, what may suit you in using a Windows app of one kind or another might not be favorable or amicably suited to another. Even if they are using Win OS. :gsmile: