PDA

View Full Version : SCC/What.cd question

TD21
17.01.09, 02:34
okay heres the thing, i got banned from scc for cheating and what.cd for reasons unknown a long time ago. i would like to know if its safe to login on both sites with a brand new account (account made on another i.p). All i know is that using an SCC invite on a banned ip = bye bye invite

shoulder
17.01.09, 13:11
If you still have the IP you were banned with I think your new acc will be banned too.

Aurion
17.01.09, 13:26
If you're using another new IP then you will be just fine ... or you can always use a free web proxy to access the site at any time ;)

shoulder
17.01.09, 13:29
Some sites disable you for using a proxy.

Also, it's possible someone uses the same proxy on the same site, you know what that means. :wink2:

Aurion
17.01.09, 13:47
Yeah,but not all proxies that I use would be detected on trackers like SCC,What.cd .... you just need to pick up the right one,the most private & underground ones :tongue:

TD21
17.01.09, 14:51
thanks for all the replies fellas! greatly appreciated! so please correct me if im wrong..

banned ip + new account made on another ip = bye bye new account?

how about using a proxy for logging into site, but downloading/seeding on banned ip = bye bye new account?

anon
17.01.09, 16:53
banned ip + new account made on another ip = bye bye new account?

If "another IP" is different than your banned one, and you follow the tips in bold below, there should be no reason for them to know it's you (unless they've banned your IP range).

how about using a proxy for logging into site, but downloading/seeding on banned ip = bye bye new account?

Most likely. Higher level trackers have also banned a large chunk of proxy IPs.

Make sure you clear your browser's cache and cookies before you re-register to the tracker. Furthermore, don't use the same e-mail address, or a nickname similar to your banned account's.

shoulder
17.01.09, 21:47
anon I think the "another IP" isn't his IP.

He registers his new acc with a new IP, for example using the connection of a friend.
At home he logs in with his banned IP.

If so, I'm sure the acc will be also disabled.

anon
17.01.09, 22:55
anon I think the "another IP" isn't his IP.

He registers his new acc with a new IP, for example using the connection of a friend.

I thought he was talking about changing his home IP i.e. by restarting his router/modem, etc.

But if it's like you said, then yes, that's what's bound to happen.

who?
22.01.09, 02:37
just change mac addy to get an unbanned home ip

Aurion
24.01.09, 18:42
How could I forget about deleting temp files/browser's cache anon :biggrin: ?! that's another effective way to stay undetected!

anon
24.01.09, 23:37
I think it's one of the ways to prevent them from knowing it's you, because if the system sees Mr. new IP has the same sessionhash as someone who has gotten banned recently... a 32-byte cookie would screw you up again.

Aurion
27.01.09, 02:58
I think it's one of the ways to prevent them from knowing it's you, because if the system sees Mr. new IP has the same sessionhash as someone who has gotten banned recently... a 32-byte cookie would screw you up again.

Very true ... just to make sure before registering in the same tracker,is to fully clean up your temp folder,recent added coockies & anything that would trace your IP related info ... this way I guarantee a safe signing up :top: