PDA

View Full Version : The SCL is expanding...is this good or bad??

Se7Ven
13.01.09, 21:57
The SCL want to expand

SCL is expanding its members to 10000 from 4000 a lot of members with good upload ratio got invites 5 invites for 2Weeks

but the question is for me is that good for Scl or bad ...wahts youre opinion about ths expanding???

maniak
14.01.09, 02:18
i think that is good cuz ScL has very low speeds in some torrents also the new torrents die quick cuz there are not peers

mike
14.01.09, 03:47
They need new members so I can "upload" faster! :wink2:

So I think this is a good thing. :top:

anon
14.01.09, 15:54
the problem is who can invite me? I have pt experience

Better make a separate thread for that :wink:

Aurion
14.01.09, 16:45
They need new members so I can "upload" faster! :wink2:

So I think this is a good thing. :top:

nah,I guess they will just ruin their fame!

Se7Ven
14.01.09, 17:52
yes this right Aurion but i like small little comunitys....in the shadow of fame:biggrin:

Aurion
14.01.09, 23:10
yes this right Aurion but i like small little comunitys....in the shadow of fame:biggrin:

Yeah,but not sticking to lousey leechers who would suck up their swarms for nothing :confused:

Se7Ven
14.01.09, 23:14
thats crazy.....for nothing hmmm what kind of users are this???:
:wink2:

Yeah,but not sticking to lousey leechers who would suck up their swarms for nothing

Manas
15.01.09, 11:17
I doubt that the userbase will increase that fast. FTN is also giving out invites quite often but the userbase is nonetheless not really getting bigger. Filing up over 6000 spots in ScL in only 2 weeks is impossible.

Maybe 500 members will join but that won't make any difference to the tracker.

mike
15.01.09, 12:53
Its sad to see ScL accounts complete with 5 invites being traded like cheap currency on some of these invite sites, I wonder about the "quality" of some of these new members. :frown:

Se7Ven
15.01.09, 13:12
that is right mike its so bad to see what some people do with the invites !!!

i have the same feeling and i mean its not so positive for ScL because this kind of persons not will respekt the communitys and the sites!!

mike
15.01.09, 14:21
I agree with you 2233 but I think that ScL admin has taken a calculated risk here.
Hopefully there will be some good new members too!:top:

shoulder
15.01.09, 20:32
I think it's not a good idea.

ScL is more about community and they have some cool features on their side, like the Multiplier.

They should have given invites only to the trustful and active members not to everyone.

CindyVer
16.01.09, 12:54
FTN is also giving out invites quite often but the userbase is nonetheless not really getting bigger.

If you mean the 20 invites that are handed out randomly each 2 or 3 weeks to donors and 2 or 3 forum-or irc addicts, than it is no wonder the userbase is not getting any bigger.

FTN has 6000 slots and only almolst 4900 filled, but the staff expressed in the past these free spots don't have to be filled. 6000 is not the 'goal'.

Pickle
16.01.09, 17:10
Expanding means "we need more money", we can critise them if they need money to server :)

shoulder
16.01.09, 23:54
6000 slots and only almolst 4900 filled, but the staff expressed in the past these free spots don't have to be filled. 6000 is not the 'goal'.
That is a very important point too.

The user limit should always be a limit, not a goal.
Because letting guys in just to reach the limit will most likely decrease the qualitiy of a site.

TD21
17.01.09, 02:52
That is a very important point too.

The user limit should always be a limit, not a goal.
Because letting guys in just to reach the limit will most likely decrease the qualitiy of a site.

Amen to that brother!

Aurion
17.01.09, 13:39
+1 for your words shoulder ... a good tracker is nothing but decent contents quality :wink:

teamlam
18.01.09, 23:20
i hate ppl that just collect trackers cuz of their levels..quality is key for me..for ex..tl is a GREAT traker..but i've met several ppl who dont' want tl and want sct instead cuz of its "level" not knowing that seeding is nearly impossible there w.o seedbox and tl has just as good content..maybe not as fast pretimes..but very good

CindyVer
19.01.09, 14:20
+1 for your words shoulder ... a good tracker is nothing but decent contents quality :wink:

True indeed, but not only quality is important ... overall amount of seeders and leechers, prétime and torrent speed are also things that make a great tracker.
You could have a tracker with very good content quality, but when there is only one seeder per torrent with low upspeed and no leechers to get a decent ratio the tracker fails at being good.

Community isn't very important, since being a cheater usually means keeping a low profile. It's rather pointless to participate heavily in communities, where you risk to get banned by one stupid mistake, like ticking the wrong box in the fake-options :rolling_eyes:

shoulder
19.01.09, 19:23
True indeed, but not only quality is important ... overall amount of seeders and leechers, prétime and torrent speed are also things that make a great tracker.
You could have a tracker with very good content quality, but when there is only one seeder per torrent with low upspeed and no leechers to get a decent ratio the tracker fails at being good.
That's true, but with quality I meant the points you stated.
For me quality means content, Pre, Speed and S/L ratio.

Community isn't very important, since being a cheater usually means keeping a low profile.
I wouldn't say so.
I guess the biggest cheaters aren't 0 posters, but they "seem" to be good users.

CindyVer
19.01.09, 20:03
I wouldn't say so.
I guess the biggest cheaters aren't 0 posters, but they "seem" to be good users.

I can agree with you, but I just wonder why you would go investing all your time in a tracker-community, while you aren't really a part of that community. You are despised by all the non-cheating members that are the core of the tracker.

One silly mistake can cost you your account. Unticking or ticking the wrong box in your cheat-options can make all your efforts go away.
Everybody has his own ways of cheating I guess. I am not waisting my time with the communities, but that is a personal choice.

shoulder
19.01.09, 20:19
You're right with that.

All of your effort is gone with one mistake.
But if you really want to stay on that tracker, I think you will check twice your settings and won't try anything risky, but only use "safe" methods.

And if you want to be a "real" part of the community, and not just want to look like a good member, you won't cheat.

CindyVer
20.01.09, 10:27
And if you want to be a "real" part of the community, and not just want to look like a good member, you won't cheat.

100% true. :klatsch_3:

bornwinner
30.01.09, 23:09
i am also on scl
i am seeing that ,scl has not much more seeder then they may be want to upgrade no of seeder

shoulder
30.01.09, 23:17
The main problem of ScL aren't the seeders but the leechers.

If there aren't any leechers you don't need 100 seeders for that torrent. :wink2:

Aurion
31.01.09, 04:51

I couldn't agree more,but let me tell you that it's not a big deal if you can keep up in forums while building a nice quick buffer with those "safe" methods you've just mentioned .... so still "cheating" is a possible fact if you want :wink:

snag
03.02.09, 16:51
Good idea,because I get in Scl's community is very funny and the forum is great,if I cherish the forum and take part in activities in forum they become more stronger~~~

Invites
16.02.09, 14:34
Now they have added 3 more invites for everybody. Too bad, I don't have more ppl I want to invite :/

Aurion
16.02.09, 17:51
Well,everybody's at SCL,I mean no one wants to get in anymore,tracker sux so it's not that big deal to be in

surname
16.02.09, 21:08
good. i hope that this decision will increase a number of active users

ypod
17.02.09, 10:47
imo, it will sux harder with that kind of expantion...as i saw befoure, the staff must to give invites to trustble members, not to everyone who post the invite codes in GA threads

ares
26.03.09, 17:46
I think that this is good because we'll be able to cheat with higher speeds.

splicer
26.03.09, 20:22
Definitely a good thing; my reasons have probably been mentioned already but here goes:
1. More people to participate in the community
2. Torrents may stay alive longer
3. More leechers, meaning it's possible to cheat at higher speeds.

czullo
26.03.09, 20:32
they will never have big userdatabase beucase they BAN account with no download for week, thays gay

shoulder
26.03.09, 20:35
Well, that's not true.

I haven't downloaded anything for quite a long time now and I'm still enabled. :wink2:

anon
26.03.09, 20:36
My account has 0 download and I haven't been banned, either.

ares
28.03.09, 05:18
Maybe he meant no up/download?:rolleyes2:

Tinkle
05.04.09, 03:55
Though ScL expansion is good the way they are expanding is damn ba and weird
giving invites to all classes like candy only decreases there credibitility as a tracker
so i think they should have followed approac like GFT or should give invites on community participation basis

mozilla
07.04.09, 15:41
Good as in we get more invites, bad as in more users who won't seed. But yah I guess its better.