PDA

View Full Version : Romania - First Waffles, now ScT

shoulder
28.12.08, 02:57
* feeling changes topic to ':: [ SCT IRC ] :: [ Upcoming .ro ban ] ::

https://sct/forums_viewtopic.php?id=20089

After Israel and Poland, now it's Romania that will be banned from ScT.

Harsh Christmas for .ro torrenters. 1st it was Waffles, now ScT.

Bad news for our users from Romania. :frown:
Well, their tracker, their rules.

Se7Ven
28.12.08, 03:26
why the baned the people fom romania......sorry i cant open the link

shoulder
28.12.08, 03:30
I can't open it too, but I only quoted this from another board so I don't know the right URL, sorry. :frown:

SealLion
28.12.08, 05:04
This is quite odd. I use OpenDNS on my computer and I can't seem to get to the link either.

Did you guys get the same pic as I did here:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8022/20081227200145px3.jpg

EDIT: I know exactly whats going on.

You see its like this: The pple at SCT know that we're cheaters, yes??

So they've come up with an ingenius method of tracking fools like us.

You see....they've got it scripted in such an ingenious way that every time some cheater like us wants to get to their web link, their Artificial Intelligence system just leads us to this page.

Pretty cool for them, I'd say. LOL.

Boys: Its time to put the heavy guns to use. GEt out the smear campaign. LOL.

Aurion
28.12.08, 06:05
damn,another country bites the dust :(

czullo
28.12.08, 11:46
ScT banned poland, and israel previously ;)

zatoicchi
28.12.08, 12:24
they will be surely sorry when their members is reduced and no donations money is coming in.....

Link: http://www.scenetorrents.org/forums_viewtopic.php?id=20089

czullo
28.12.08, 12:53
they have to big ego :D

vannelli87
28.12.08, 17:12
But if one uses the proxy to register?

anon
28.12.08, 17:36
Well, it seems banning Romania kind of became a trend lately... :frown: But it's their tracker, and their possibility of doing whatever they want with it. I guess there's TL left now.

@zatoicchi: Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

@SealLion: Nothing like that :biggrin: "sct" isn't an existing hostname, and this is why you couldn't access the page. The forum shoulder quoted that post from most likely used "sct" instead of the full URL to protect the tracker - after all, members already know the full address.

@vannelli87: that's a possibility, but remember ScT is invite-only, so the only way to check if that works is to get an invite. And there isn't an infinite amount of them around so as to test all proxies/anonymizers/etc.

SealLion
28.12.08, 20:06
@SealLion: Nothing like that :biggrin: "sct" isn't an existing hostname, and this is why you couldn't access the page. The forum shoulder quoted that post from most likely used "sct" instead of the full URL to protect the tracker - after all, members already know the full address.

ah, ok. I see, then.

Ya, I think I realized that sct wasn't exactly an existing hostname. I thought that perhaps it was from sct itself, though the link would have gone directly to sct's homepage.
And then, if one logged in, it would have brought the user directly to that page.

Aurion
29.12.08, 02:14
ah, ok. I see, then.

Ya, I think I realized that sct wasn't exactly an existing hostname. I thought that perhaps it was from sct itself, though the link would have gone directly to sct's homepage.
And then, if one logged in, it would have brought the user directly to that page.

Yeah,I thought so..but I guess a high level tracker like ScT won't separate it's forum URL from main home page link...security issues I guess!