PDA

View Full Version : About Project BTban

Se7Ven
21.12.08, 15:35
Please whats your intensions about this ..... thats crazy in my opinion

Project BTban is a hopeful way to stop the 'trust' issues on trackers and forums. Many new communities and trackers are popping up every day, leaving the communities to struggle with traders/scammers/cheaters as they develop. With Project BTban, we hope to take some of the guess work out of the safety of trackers/forums, by putting just a few lines in their login script which will check for these unwanted users by IP.

BTban Project (http://btban.net/stats.php)

:rocketwhore::lol_5::negro::disabledbig7ly:

oh papa ....oh mama please help me there is bad cheater

Senator Joseph McCarthy and the new BLACKLIST is born.....

anon
21.12.08, 16:14
It's a bit like what Steambans is to Steam game servers, right? In that case, well, maybe it's a bit "crazy", and IP-bans can end up blocking innocent users in the long term, but from their point of view, they have to protect themselves, right? And if it's well-known that IP x.x.x.x belongs to a cheater/spammer, which they don't want, it's logical to attempt to stop him with an IP-ban.

Anyway, it seems to be in beta stage for now, and doesn't sound like anything that can't be bypassed with a (web) proxy like the ones in Aurion's list.

Se7Ven
21.12.08, 16:33
thats truth anon:top:

but from their point of view, they have to protect themselves, right?

but look it from the other site ...........i think nobody have the right to make
my IP and the provider or my email PUBLIC in the internet to bann me on the
Trackersites.........thats what i mean...we life in a democraty thats not right

this why i said its same like a blacklist fom Senator Joseph McCarthy

then the people take differend proxys or routers that will helps to protect.or something like tor... but its the beginnig of hunting cheaters or traders

anon
21.12.08, 16:56
but look it from the other site ...........i think nobody have the right to make
my IP and the provider or my email PUBLIC in the internet to ban me on the
Trackers.........thats what i mean...we life in a democraty thats no right

That's true - but it's also true that cheating is not so moral either, and against all trackers' rules. :wink:

Put yourself in the position of a tracker admin: if you caught someone cheating, you would take all possible measures about it, and try to prevent him from further cheating at other trackers you have "power" over...

jolas
21.12.08, 19:22
thank you Sealion, for theaching some wonderfull techniques :top:

good luck whit them, i allready live that problem, since im pretty famous :)

its nice to have a dinamic ip :) and never cheat on very hard to get trackers :)

Se7Ven
21.12.08, 20:50
yes thats the way i like it but

P2p/torrents will survive and grow if, and only if, the content available via p2p is attractive.

The question posed is a bit like asking, 500 years ago, if the printing press will survive. Well...it depends on what's printed.

If p2p/torrents is the only way to get something people want, then it will surviv e. If p2p offers nothing people want, it will fade..........and restrictions dont help because you cant stop the revelution routers......proxies thor.......:klatsch_3:

Technology often makes current systems obsolete. For example, gunpowder pretty much made the feudal system of government obsolete. In the future, an invention like matter transporters ...beam me up.to the high buffer...would probably make our current governments obsolete......

give the stuff 4 free:top:

prohibition never helps :top:and thats not the solution

anon
21.12.08, 21:01
Yes, of course it is bad for us cheaters, and possible to bypass. But for invite-board admins it's either banning known cheaters' IPs and stopping at least a few, or doing nothing.

SealLion
21.12.08, 21:14
and restrictions dont help because you cant stop the revelution

Thats right. ...You can't stop the revol'leech'alution:biggrin::biggrin:

HARHARHAR [evil laugh}

Whats to stop Joe Schmoe from getting a new IP using the 'IPConfig' route or other methods??

ANSWER: Nothing.

-

xarda
22.12.08, 18:42
there will always be ways to bypass this but these methods and scripts are used to ban novice cheaters who wouldn't know how to change their IP, use a different email/nickname.

Aurion
24.12.08, 02:45
I don't know why they keep bullshitting about what they believe right against all BT users,they just walk blindly without even end up with a good intensive evaluation of who are the bad guys & the good ones...I'm sure that every single day from now on,we will be surprised with such web sites that intend to make more innocent users suffer...

anon
24.12.08, 17:35
That's right Aurion - IP bans will result in also banning innocent users if used aggressively.

But put yourself in the position of an invite board admin (who also has connections to other boards, for added effect). You know that someone with the IP, say, 123.45.67.89 is a cheater/scammer that goes from board to board and only looks to damage them. You know that tracker admins already don't like the fact that you host a place for people to trade invites (which is forbidden in the vast majority of trackers), and that if it doesn't look like you're doing something to brake him down, your site could end up being hacked/DDoSed, or even worse, like with the recent german tracker issue where admins' personal info got leaked, if they have some good hackers in their team. Your options are:

banning 123.45.67.89 and hoping it'll stop or at least slow him down (because you're supposed to have "connections" to other invite boards, and will share the IP with them),
or doing nothing and keep on giving him full access to do what he does best (cheating/scamming/etc.)

Be honest, put yourself on the admin's position, and please don't think I'm in favor of banning IP ranges from invite boards - but what would you do?

Aurion
25.12.08, 03:42
Actually,I know that very well,I've seen it & experienced it with my own eyes in lots of inviting boards...the thing is that,such actions would just end up mixing bad seeds with healthy ones aka innocent users,that whom I care the most about...so it's most likely damaging the whole picture of having a complete active community without getting users to feel unwanted...on the other hand,sharing those info with other forums admins/trackers admins ain't the best solution for that,and I guess we all know about BitMeTV where admins found only 3~4 users with over 90 accounts created with 100 different IPs...so now are you sure that it is all about banning IPs ? ;) I guess not,not to mention shutting doors for loads of other good intetionally active members...

anon
25.12.08, 17:50
Actually,I know that very well,I've seen it & experienced it with my own eyes in lots of inviting boards...the thing is that,such actions would just end up mixing bad seeds with healthy ones aka innocent users,that whom I care the most about...so it's most likely damaging the whole picture of having a complete active community without getting users to feel unwanted...

That's right. :top:

on the other hand,sharing those info with other forums admins/trackers admins ain't the best solution for that,and I guess we all know about BitMeTV where admins found only 3~4 users with over 90 accounts created with 100 different IPs...so now are you sure that it is all about banning IPs ? ;) I guess not,not to mention shutting doors for loads of other good intetionally active members...

Yes, of course, this is one of the downsides. The good members that didn't even have the slightest intention of cheating are banned just because these cheaters/scammers outnumbered them and got caught. BitMeTV will still let you inside if your country is banned should you have a clean record and a static IP, but most of the time these are expensive/hard to get... :mad:

GGGonk
05.01.09, 10:57
It's the DRM of trackers. Unless it works right or something.