PDA

View Full Version : Only seed a torrent with utorrent - how ?

Spakk
23.11.08, 22:29
Hi.
I have started a wrong download and now i have to seed this part but no leechers here ! So i wait 72 hours but i want stop the download and only seed and show to the tracker that i want only seed (so my 72 hours of seed can start!).
Can you help me ?

SealLion
23.11.08, 23:09
MY dear friend. Beleive me when I tell you, you will recieve the most information by going to the uT forums. This is THE best help available. Believe me.

The staff there know the client like they know the back of thier own hands. Dude. I am very serious. Go to the uT forums. You can get help here, but your better off by going to the uT forums.

They have the most up to date info for you.

if you do decide to do this , click on HELP>uT webpage; or

HELP>uT HELP

it basically right at the tip of your finger tips.

anon
24.11.08, 18:55
@Spakk: according what I understood, you've downloaded a part of a torrent you didn't want, and now want to seed that part for 72 hours without continuing downloading and therefore decreasing your ratio, right?

I think most trackers start the counter for your seeding time if you're a full seed (100% done, &left=0) and not a leecher, so this couldn't be achieved even if you didn't download one byte and seeded the pieces you have 24/7. Maybe you can use Butcho's NoReport-Seeder mod to appear as a seeder and avoid sending download reports, but it can be dangerous, depending on if the torrent is a scene release or not.