PDA

View Full Version : TextBook Torrents Turns The Final Page and Closes Down

anon
10.10.08, 20:20
From relative obscurity, Textbook Torrents, the world’s largest BitTorrent index of textbooks, found itself in the world spotlight during July 2008 and was forced to close down by its host. The site returned weeks later, growing massively in the process, but now, just a couple of months on, the site has closed for good.

TextBook Torrents Turns The Final Page and Closes Down | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/textbook-torrents-turns-the-final-page-and-closes-down-081010/)

A great loss :frown:

vDD+wR
10.10.08, 23:37
what a pity...it used to be my favorite ebook site. :frown:

maybe the tracker could have lasted a bit longer if they were invite only or entirely closed and therefore the chances would have been bigger that they didnt get on their radars...
but now that they're closed it always easy to say 'what if...', so i might just say r.i.p. :wink2:

greetz

anon
10.10.08, 23:52
what a pity...it used to be my favorite ebook site. :frown:

Same here, I got a bunch of really helpful e-books from there...

maybe the tracker could have lasted a bit longer if they were invite only or entirely closed and therefore the chances would have been bigger that they didnt get on their radars...

Maybe that's true. But they needed promotion and new members & content after coming back, and as a closed/invite-only tracker they wouldn't have gained too much of these.

but now that they're closed it always easy to say 'what if...', so i might just say r.i.p. :wink2:

Yes :frown:
Hopefully a TBT successor tracker springs up soon. Information has to be free :biggrin: