PDA

View Full Version : BSPlayer and VLC.

SealLion
09.10.08, 01:47
I've been using VLC for a long time now. It plays all the ISO images, etc that Winamp obviously can't play.

Recently, I downloaded a patched version of BSPlayer. Seems to play a lot more steadily than VLC does. I find that VLC skips a lot, while playing, the .avi files.

another thing about VLC is that any time theres an explosion or lots of shooting on the film that I'm watching while using VLC, this skipping/stopping seems to happen all most often. Again, it doesn't play smoothly.

That is, it can't keep the show playing smoothly without skipping or stopping whereby I continually have to press pause and then play....back and forth. I don't like that.

And its annoying me to the point that I just want to chuck this piece of shit right off my computer. The same goes with winamp.

Winamp doesn't even play half of the files that I download with the exception of music files.

BSPlayer doesn't seem to have this problem re; not running smoothly. It seems to work a lot more smoothly than VLC does.

ONe problem that I've encountered with BSPlayer so far is that it didn't play the sound from an old animation film that I downloaded to play.

VLC of course didn't have this problem with there being no sound. Only BSPlayer did though.

How do I fix this problem with there being no sound on BSPlayer??
does anyone know??

I've had a look inside the OPTIONS section of BSplayer. Cant find anything there, though.

o

yoco
09.10.08, 11:08
Let me just say that I love Bsplayer, using it from the start.

Back to your problem. You have latest AC3 filter? Go to "preferences--> filter management--> filter priority, and add AC3 filter". Works for me great.

SealLion
09.10.08, 16:26
yesterday. I went to the BSPlayer forums and had a look around. I managed to download from sourcefourge 'ffdshow'. Its got all the filters and it managed to fix the problem with there being no sound. I think that, that AC3 filter was a part of the package b/c I remember seeing it there under the options to install.

Thanks anyways.

I am thinking of getting rid of Winamp. .....don't really need more then 2 media players now, anyways.

anon
09.10.08, 19:45
Did you download ffdshow or ffdshow-tryouts? The latter has the same functionality while supporting a lot more codecs :top:

Aurion
09.10.08, 19:54
Well,I used to hang out with BSPlayer + Winamp long ago back then,when I got fed up with Classic WMP....then I found about VLC 4 years ago or so..and it's fcking awesome man,just have the whole codecs you might need to play Blu-Ray formats or even HD movies...maybe,I should BSPlayer once again as it sounds like got some improvement way ahead :top:

SealLion
09.10.08, 20:27
Did you download ffdshow or ffdshow-tryouts? The latter has the same functionality while supporting a lot more codecs :top:

No. Just the ffdshow. Not the 'tryouts'. Where'd you get that from Anon??

Your saying that the 'tryouts' have more codecs??

HOw many and how frequently are those other codecs used in media???

anon
09.10.08, 20:42
From here (http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/).

Yes, the tryouts version supports a lot more codecs. I don't really know how widespread some of them are, so here's a list of the supported ones:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7085/codeclistcr9.gif

Bugs from the original ffdshow have also been fixed.

Aurion
09.10.08, 20:43
I guess he meant playing with several sophisticated for low known video formats using "tryouts" :wink:

anon
09.10.08, 23:25
No, I didn't. :biggrin:
No idea of why it's called "tryouts", though. :tongue:

SealLion
09.10.08, 23:31
OK, alright. I'll have a look at the other codecs.

Though. what about the other problem...the one where VLC doesn't have smooth play.

Where I've got to pause and play constantly when there's an explosion or some other scene that doesn't have 'calm' moments {I don't know how else to explain this},.

Have either of you two experienced this with VLC??

Even with BSPlayer??

I did last night with BSPlayer.

anon
09.10.08, 23:33
OK, alright. I'll have a look at the other codecs.

Make sure you uninstall your current ffdshow before you install tryouts :top:

Though. what about the other problem...the one where VLC doesn't have smooth play.

Where I've got to pause and play constantly when there's an explosion or some other scene that doesn't have 'calm' moments {I don't know how else to explain this},.

Have either of you two experienced this with VLC??

Even with BSPlayer??

I did last night with BSPlayer.

I have had a similar problem myself. After redownloading the movie, such scenes would play correctly, in MPC at least...

Snitlev
09.10.08, 23:42
I used booth player, but ny favorit is the BS-Player...

hambooo
10.10.08, 01:48
I think best combination is Kl-megacodec + Bsplayer I dont like vlc...

anon
10.10.08, 01:56
I have used K-Lite Codec Pack in the past, but it installed an old version of ffdshow FF7 specially didn't carry on well with. Since ffdshow itself is basically the pack's "heart" and works perfectly by itself, I don't see the need for a pack when a single app is enough. :wink:

Options
10.10.08, 05:36
Ive never used bsplayer b4, I only use VLC and its good but many say bsplaye is good, im thinking to try it.

anyway, talking abt codecs
right now I have vistacodecs installed but sometimes there's no sound for several movies
so I installed Real Alternative. and it works great. I watch movies w/o any problem
but I feel like I installed many unnecessary codecs.

now I want to re-format my computer. so I would like to ask which codecs I should install so I can play all movie w/o any problem
I dont want to install a lot of codecs appz like I did before. I am looking to install one appz which support all codecs..
are there any out there?
does ffdshow-tryout support all?
so let's say I install VLC/BSplayer and ffdshow-tryout. can I play all movies and songs well?
or do I still need to install others appz?

yoco
10.10.08, 09:05
Well I always install these: ffdshow, ac3 filter, CoreAVC (for HD) and that's about it. I watch all my movies on Bsplayer and never had a problem.

anon
10.10.08, 15:35
so let's say I install VLC/BSplayer and ffdshow-tryout. can I play all movies and songs well?
or do I still need to install others appz?

Yes, it should work correctly that way. tryouts works as a DirectShow filter, which means pretty much every media player will transparently load is when needed.
ffdshow itself is also one big codec that decodes pretty much anything, so you'll also don't feel like you have a lot of stuff installed :biggrin:

Options
10.10.08, 15:40
alright then
I will just install VLC or BSplayer together with ffdshow-tryout.
so there are some movies or song I couldnt play. then I will just install ac3 filter and CoreAVC like yoco said..

thanks anon and yoco

SealLion
10.10.08, 16:40
I noticed that the config for ffdshow doesn't have anything for ISO file types.

VLC plays ISO file types with no problem at all. Though, I noticed that BSPlayer doesn't seem to do this after downloading large GB sized files.

I've had a look inside the config GUI for ffdshow and I can't seem to find anything there that closely resemebles ISO file types from HD trackers.

There should be something in the Video decoder config, but nothing.

What kind of disappoints me about this ffdshow and the 3 GUIs that come with it is that there is no Help file that one could use to figure out how to use the GUI for ffdshow so that you know how to configure the whole thing.

So as far as I know, ffdshow along with BSPlayer don't play any ISO files.

I've tried to play one using BSPlayer but it won't play nor does it even give an indication that the file type is not even recognized and to give the user a chance to search for the codec/ filter.

anon
10.10.08, 17:12
ffdshow doesn't have any settings for ISO files, but for what's inside them. :wink:

Check if you can play the video using Media Player Classic (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358&release_id=403110) (mpc2kxp6490.7z) instead. Just did a Google search and it seems to be able to do it (not at home ATM so I can't confirm this), just drag and drop the ISO to MPC's window.

Aurion
10.10.08, 17:18
Well,based on my past video experiences,I guess WMP just would play almost all video formats except "Real Video" files which are self compressed using any video compressing tools in case you got a large file & want to share it on public thru direct links...used to download such formats for very new movies here that WMP nor VLC support..

anon
10.10.08, 17:32
Mmm, Real Video... I still have good memories of using Real Player G2 Basic a looooong time ago back when 56K conformed the vast majority of Internet users here :smile:

Aurion
10.10.08, 17:50
yeah,anyway it's not that good looking since it has the cheapest picture quality due to compressed lost data...still handy while getting around places due to small size

anon
10.10.08, 17:53
Yes, maybe the quality wasn't that good, but remember it was one of the first attempts ever at trying to make video streaming widespread, over high latency lines. :wink:
Now we see it everyday in sites like YouTube or Metacafe...

Aurion
11.10.08, 13:22
yeah but still it's a damn cheap compressing method that just won't give you the quality you dream of at all,still quite good for short trips when you can't load a DVDR or something :biggrin:

anon
11.10.08, 20:13
I don't know, is RV even used by now? :biggrin:
At least, it's been a long time I last saw a .rm for download.

Aurion
12.10.08, 18:07
yeah in lots of websites that offer free releases Leeching all the time with direct link,all videos are posted in rmv format :top:

SealLion
14.10.08, 05:19
I'm interested in knowing something: Would ffdshow work with the portable version of BSplayer??

I've got a version 2.3*. Curios to know if anyone would know re: same.

anon
14.10.08, 13:50
You'd need to of course install ffdshow, and by design it can't be portabilized (needs to register regkeys, etc.), but otherwise I don't see why it shouldn't work with the portable BSP. :top:

100%
15.02.09, 16:01
BSplayer is just too buggy for me, I've always had a number of problems with it. VLC is maybe good for Linux but not for Windows 'cause there are way better players with internal codecs like KMPlayer or even MPlayer/SMPlayer. In my humble opinion CCCP or K-lite codec packs with MPC are the best solution for Windows.

Just take a look:

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Media_Players

zeroc00l
18.02.09, 23:58
But i prefer Windows MediaPlayer. If you have installed Divx codec, Divx pro, xvid, CoreAVC, AC3filter, Ogg Vorbis DirectShow Filter, DivX 3 Audio, Elecard MPEG Video Decoder and vobsub then you can watch all movies with subtitles and without any problems. : )