PDA

View Full Version : Warez Scene Member Gets 3 Years Probation, $2000 Fine

anon
27.09.08, 20:29
A Florida man was sentenced to three years probation on Thursday for his part in running a ‘warez’ server. The 55 year old, known online as ‘kidzap’, would’ve most likely been sent to jail, but avoided incarceration by pleading guilty to conspiring to commit copyright infringement. He collects a $2,000 fine.

Warez Scene Member Gets 3 Years Probation, $2000 Fine | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/warez-scene-member-gets-3-years-probation-2000-fine-080927/)

Aurion
30.09.08, 01:00
lol what an old kidzap he is :biggrin: so bad for his remaining life to be sentenced for 3 years at jail....this is how the community treats you when you try to offer something helpful for the world :baeh:

anon
30.09.08, 20:40
@Aurion: probation ≠ jail :smile:

Probation is the suspension of all or part of a jail sentence; the criminal who is "on probation" has been convicted of a crime, but instead of serving jail time, has been found by the Court to be amenable to probation and will be returned to the community for a period in which they will have to abide to certain conditions set forth by the Court under the supervision of a probation officer; or has served part of the sentence but has been released before its end.

It's still bad though, but it could have been worse, a lot worse, like the kind of cases the RIAA has us used to... :redface:

Aurion
02.10.08, 18:05
I know what probation means dude,I was just wondering about that poor guy who didn't do a REAL bad crime to be wasted like this

anon
02.10.08, 18:08
OK. By the looks of your post it seemed you didn't:

...so bad for his remaining life to be sentenced for 3 years at jail...
Although you're right about the last thing. As someone once said :wink:

No matter how hard the Feds try to stop the scene there are always people smarter than them out there. What they should be doing is leaving us to it and catching pedophiles, rapists and psychopathic killers rather than wasting resources on a few geeks.

Aurion
02.10.08, 18:28
AMEN !! :biggrin: I guess this is how it should work tho