PDA

View Full Version : Norbits Hackers Threaten to Release User Info

anon
19.09.08, 21:30
Norbits, the largest Norwegian BitTorrent tracker is going through some rough times. For several days now, the site has been offline due to a DDoS attack. The site has allegedly been hacked by a group called MORRADi, which is threatening to publish all IPs and more information on the users, unless the tracker is closed.

Norbits Hackers Threaten to Release User Info | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/norbits-hackers-threaten-to-release-user-info-080918/)

I don't know why they're doing this... :redface: Anyway it isn't yet clear whether they have the users' IPs, info, etc. Hopefully not.

Aurion
19.09.08, 23:52
lol,the same silly trick most of the anti p2p orgz are using,just hire a script kiddies (tm) to force trackers to close down......LAME :redface:

shoulder
19.09.08, 23:59
Since I think the security of the users is the most important thing, I hope Norbits will, if really needed, shut down.

Anyway, for sure I hope they don't have to, but it's at least better than that the whole user information are published.

Aurion
20.09.08, 00:01
Yeah that's so true but still why admins there have the feeling of losing all their hard to build fame they wasted their time on ?? it's not fair at all :baeh:

shoulder
20.09.08, 00:05
Sure it's not fair.
But, what's fair today in the "warez-scene"?

OCH uploaders abuse the files of each other, torrent sites get hacked, ddosed, ...

Sounds hard but, "That's Life".

Aurion
20.09.08, 00:06
one word might get your relieved,"WTF !! That Sux"

anon
20.09.08, 00:14
@shoulder: that's right.
@Aurion: he's not saying that it's good that so it is :wink: But how things are. And it sucks indeed...

Aurion
20.09.08, 01:08
man I know exactly what he said....I can understand :tongue: I was just pissed off since I don't like people think they are doing the right thing while actually they aren't

anon
21.09.08, 00:08
Me too, specially when they disrespect and despise others' opinions.