PDA

View Full Version : isoHunt Sues the CRIA to Legalize BitTorrent Sites

anon
06.09.08, 18:54
Following Demonoid and QuebecTorrent, the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA) has threatened isoHunt with legal action. However, isoHunt has decided to launch a preemptive strike, as it turns the tables and sues the CRIA instead.

isoHunt Sues the CRIA to Legalize BitTorrent Sites | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/isohunt-sues-the-cria-to-legalize-bittorrent-sites-080905/)

isoHunt decided to hit first this time :biggrin:

SealLion
06.09.08, 21:41
Good. Excellent.

I remember that when Oink was busted, the cops couldn't reasonably charge him under anything that made logical sense. It turned out to be really silly. It turned out to be a 'tom and jerry' show at the end.

I"d almost be curious to find out how this silly thing is going to turn out with respect to ISOhunt sueing them ....sueing them over what grounds, though???
\
Read this:

.....This is our preemptive strike with a narrowly defined petition for Declaratory Relief....

That was ISOhunt stating that in the article.

I wish ISOhunt all thier success and all, but when its 'narrowly defined, well, IDK what to think.

I think that this might even become a 'tom and jerry' show, too :250:
with both parties bashing each other over the head and all, and threatening and sueing one another over this' n that.

I guess the only way to find out is to wait and see, yes??

o

zatoicchi
06.09.08, 21:42
the outcome should be very interesting,hope isohunt wins the battle

SealLion
06.09.08, 21:54
OH, ya.
Me too.

I am surprised that its taking place in BC, though. I didn't know that.

But then again, BC is known for new and different legal standings that have interesting outcomes.

anon
06.09.08, 23:06
I remember that when Oink was busted, the cops couldn't reasonably charge him under anything that made logical sense. It turned out to be really silly. It turned out to be a 'tom and jerry' show at the end.

Yes, they couldn't find "real" evidence, and as no actual infringing files were hosted in the site...

I"d almost be curious to find out how this silly thing is going to turn out with respect to ISOhunt sueing them ....sueing them over what grounds, though???

According the TF article, it may be because if the CRIA ignoring "offers of cooperation by the take down of .torrent links to their content files, so long as they provide sufficient identification" and continuing "to threaten with legal action" instead.

I think that this might even become a 'tom and jerry' show, too <smiley>
with both parties bashing each other over the head and all, and threatening and sueing one another over this' n that.

Well, hopefully not; but at least that'd be better than isoHunt losing and having to hand over money to those that already have enough...

I guess the only way to find out is to wait and see, yes??

Yes :biggrin:

SealLion
07.09.08, 01:34
Well, hopefully not; but at least that'd be better than isoHunt losing and having to hand over money to those that already have enough...

Yes. I do agree with you Anon. Definitly.

Aurion
07.09.08, 17:44
wow another interesting round !! now with the monster IsoHunt,I guess that won't be taken down either :klatsch_3:

anon
07.09.08, 20:13
IsoHunt,I guess that won't be taken down either :klatsch_3:

Hopefully not :smile:

I wish them success! :top:

SealLion
07.09.08, 22:29
If it wasn't for torrent sites {especially private ones, which sprang forth from public sites}, us cheaters wouldn't have a place in the world, yes??

We'd have no purpose. Can you imagine a world without cheaters??

OH, no!!:eek2:

There'd be no place for all the cheater-wanna-be's to come to.

We wouldn't be able to get our kicks and laugh our asses off at all the tracker admins who get all that ratio sucked from them.

....it'd be aweful. :shockkk!:

So. Yes. I think its fair to say; Kick ASS 'ISOhunt',. {replace 'seba' with CRIAA}:fuckseba::frech01:

**had to highlight it all to make sure no-one got confused.

anon
07.09.08, 22:53
If it wasn't for torrent sites {especially private ones, which sprang forth from public sites}, us cheaters wouldn't have a place in the world, yes??

We'd have no purpose. Can you imagine a world without cheaters??

OH, no!! <smiley>

There'd be no place for all the cheater-wanna-be's to come to.

We wouldn't be able to get our kicks and laugh our asses off at all the tracker admins who get all that ratio sucked from them.

....it'd be aweful. :shockkk!:

Specially at private ones? I'd say exclusively... because who'd want to cheat at a public tracker? :biggrin:

Well... after seeing the visitor message in your profile, I can hardly imagine you in such a world :biggrin:

And I think that after cheating successfully, looking at your flashy new ratio overcomes wanting to laugh at the tracker's admins. :tongue:

So. Yes. I think its fair to say; Kick ASS 'ISOhunt',. {replace 'seba' with CRIAA}:fuckseba::frech01:

**had to highlight it all to make sure no-one got confused.

We're of a common mind regarding this... I want the filesharing side to win, for a change! :wink:

SealLion
07.09.08, 23:20
Well... after seeing the visitor message in your profile, I can hardly imagine you in such a world

Thats awesome!!

Ya!!:klatsch_3::klatsch_3:

Someone read my profile!!

Well. I just did an update/addition to my visitor message center inside my profile.

Check it out all!!

I like these little smileys.

anon
07.09.08, 23:36
Thats awesome!!

Ya!!:klatsch_3::klatsch_3:

Someone read my profile!!

Right now at least 9 people did :wink:

Well. I just did an update/addition to my visitor message center inside my profile.

Check it out all!!

Nice addition! :top:
Too bad most of us will fail to "Leech Away!!" after following step 2 :frown:

I like these little smileys.

Well, here at SB-I we probably have a smiley for everything :klatsch_3:

SealLion
08.09.08, 05:38
Nice addition!
Too bad most of us will fail to "Leech Away!!" after following step 2

ok. ok. I made a change to it.

Leech Away To The Next Site!!

LOL. HarHarHar.