PDA

View Full Version : Ban Question

motormouth
03.09.08, 06:14
Hi guys, just a real quick question. If I'm using the SAME computer and I've been banned from a site on one ISP (w/ a static IP address) and then I changed to another ISP (w/ a new static IP address) Would they still be able to detect that I'm using the same computer? Basically, would I still remain banned?

Thanks,
motormouth

SealLion
03.09.08, 07:29
No

If you really want to be safe, you might want to use a proggy thats called 'macmakeup'. Another one is called 'smac'. That ones shareware, but you can find cracks for it around the net.

macmakeup basically changes the mac ID for your computer. But you shouldn't have to use it. Its really not necessary b/c you said that you changed your ISP, yes??

As a result, you got a new IP, then. So no worries there at all.

motormouth
03.09.08, 10:15
Thanks for the info SealLion: thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.

CindyVer
03.09.08, 11:09
Do clear the cookies from your browser for that particular tracker ...

yoco
03.09.08, 13:19
No

If you really want to be safe, you might want to use a proggy thats called 'macmakeup'. Another one is called 'smac'. That ones shareware, but you can find cracks for it around the net.

macmakeup basically changes the mac ID for your computer. But you shouldn't have to use it. Its really not necessary b/c you said that you changed your ISP, yes??

As a result, you got a new IP, then. So no worries there at all.
I have a question. I have dynamic IP, but the funny thing is that it's not changing. Even when you log off from internet and reconnect. So could I use this "macmakeup"?

CindyVer
03.09.08, 13:49
I have a question. I have dynamic IP, but the funny thing is that it's not changing. Even when you log off from internet and reconnect. So could I use this "macmakeup"?

At some ISP's the IP-adress changes every time you reboot your PC, at others it can take days/weeks/months before something triggers an IP-change.

If you have a router, you could just change the MAC-adress of your router and you'd get another IP when rebooting your router.

If you don't have a router I believe their is a script from Anon that does the IP-change for you very easily. Just do a little search on the board.

yoco
03.09.08, 14:06
I don't have a router so I'll search for Anon's script.
Thank you!

anon
03.09.08, 17:41
@motormouth: what CindyVer said is very important. I recommend you install CCleaner and clear all your browser's cache, cookies, history, etc. It'd be a bit stupid that you changed your ISP to prevent them from thinking you're the same, but get detected because of a tiny cookie that's still in your computer :wink:

@SealLion: he said his new ISP gave him a static IP, so changing his MAC will result in that little icon of two monitors and a yellow ball moving left to right in his taskbar forever, because his ISP wouldn't recognize the new MAC as a suscriber :smile:

@CindyVer: you're right. Even if you have a dynamic IP, it can take days for someone to claim and get your last one while your PC is turned off, and for you to get another address because of this [my future IP reclaim script kind of "exploits" this, but won't be able to be used to steal IPs].
And thanks for referring yoco to my script :smile:

@yoco: if you don't have a router, it should work perfectly! :wink:
But there can be trouble if your connection's name has special characters like á é í, etc. in it: go to "Network Connections" and change it to something simple like "Internet", "123", etc. There shouldn't be any trouble with spaces, so you can use them.
Actually, to make changing your IP easier, I have coded a small frontend to the .bat: just type your connection's name, hit "Run", and it takes care of everything. It's attached (and the needed .bat file provided, too), just extract Frontend.zip somewhere and run IP Switch Frontend.exe.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/3235/frontendgy3.gif

yoco
03.09.08, 18:32
@anon, you're the man :top:

My connection name is "Local Area Connection 2" :smile:

EDIT: Just a question. When I click on "run" it switch's instantly? What happens when I shut down my PC, what IP do I get?

anon
03.09.08, 18:37
It should work fine with that name (there's no need to enter it between quotes in the frontend).

Did it work for you?

yoco
03.09.08, 19:58
I don't think it works. The IP is still the same. I noticed I have some DNS numbers in my connection "propertis". Strange thing is, I was at my cousins a few days ago and he didn't have any numbers in. Could this be the problem?

anon
03.09.08, 20:03
EDIT: Just a question. When I click on "run" it switch's instantly? What happens when I shut down my PC, what IP do I get?

Yes, after the cmd window that appears in the Taskbar closes, you should have a new IP.

I noticed I have some DNS numbers in my connection "propertis". Strange thing is, I was at my cousins a few days ago and he didn't have any numbers in. Could this be the problem?

Can you provide a screenshot?

yoco
03.09.08, 20:08
Is it safe? Shouldn't these kinda number be a secret or is it only for IP?

anon
03.09.08, 20:10
No one can hack you by knowing what your DNS addresses are, it's safe...
But you can hide the last octet if you want.

yoco
03.09.08, 20:13
Here it is:
http://shrani.si/f/15/9L/1XOCTU5z/dsn.png

anon
03.09.08, 20:16
OK.
Write those IPs down, then set Windows to "obtain DNS server address automatically".
Run the script again.

Logitech
03.09.08, 20:17
anon they can do something to you if they know your DNS.
Some ISP still don't have patched/not patched enough the DNS attack.

yoco
03.09.08, 20:20
OK.
Write those IPs down, then set Windows to "obtain DNS server address automatically".
Run the script again.
Still no change.

(I accidently clicked on Thank you button) :icon_angry[1]:

anon
03.09.08, 20:21
the DNS attack.

Do you mean this (http://congreso.seguridad.unam.mx/2005/seguridad2005/ponencias/Steve%20Crocker/html/img10.html)?
He concealed the server's IP anyway :smile:

Still no change.

Then maybe you can try this "DHCP IP changer" (http://rapidshare.com/files/68032632/DHCP_IP_Changer.rar)?

DHCP IP Changer

This little appz will help you guys with static IPs get round
Rapidshare.com and other file hosts Time delays.It will work
for most but not ALL. Firstly, go get your first file. Then get
your second file and when you get the timer or 90 odd Minute wait,
run DHCP IP Changer....Wait for it to finish....20 Secs the Minimize
button comes active. Then Minimize and refresh your browser page and
you`ll have you`re next d/l. I`ve gotta way with up to six goes.

Link: DHCP IP Changer !!! - MobileCastle (http://www.mobilecastle.biz/mobiles/applications-logiciels-jeux-pour-pc/36529-dhcp-ip-changer.html)

It seems like a different implementation of the same script, with a more detailed GUI. I have just tried it and it completely changed my IP (first octet was 190 and now is 200).

(I accidently clicked on Thank you button) :icon_angry[1]:

yoco
04.09.08, 07:46
OMG!!! This is still not working :eek3: I guess my ISP is really something :rolleyes2:

anon
04.09.08, 21:28
OK, there's one last thing we could try:
Go to Start -> Run... -> type ipconfig /renew and press ENTER.
Go to your IP Properties dialog (the one from the pic you posted before).
Set the IP address settings like this:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/271/netnb4.gif
Wait a while, then set it back to "obtain an IP address automatically".
You should have a new IP (this whole procedure is essentially doing the script's commands manually). If you don't, retry a few times.

If you still have the same IP, your ISP may be blocking this method. You'll have to flip your MAC's last byte, then reboot your modem, like SealLion said.