PDA

View Full Version : Intel’s Kung Fu Is Unstoppable

zatoicchi
31.08.08, 11:48
In the latest issue of CPU Magazine I wrote an article on Intel's Kung Fu. There is a follow up to this article in the next issue as well. Check it out below:

Nvidia dropped a bombshell recently when it all but erased the line it drew in the sand a little over a year ago. In early 2007, it was pretty clear that Nvidia was no longer going to support Intel in its hybrid graphics for notebooks strategy, nor was it going to support SLI on anything other than its own nForce chip-sets. I weighed in on these developments on my blog (Google “Nvidia gives Intel the finger” and “Nvidia’s quest to become a platform company”). At the time, as I mentioned then, Nvidia saw a huge opportunity to compete against Intel’s lucrative chipset business. So, rather than keeping its enemy close as Sun Tzu recommends, Nvidia tried to fight the giant head to head.

What’s transpiring now is a direct result of that decision. What makes this especially interesting is that Jen-Hsun Huang is easily one of the smartest strategic thinkers in the industry, yet this time he got caught in an almost predictable situation. Perhaps sometimes our successes cloud our judgment—but then again, without risk there can be no reward. Either way, these weren’t “flip of the coin” decisions.

Intel’s Kung Fu Is Unstoppable (http://www.rahulsood.com/2008/08/intels-kung-fu-is-unstoppable.html)

Aurion
31.08.08, 19:01
Good they have that man "Jen-Hsun Huang" !! since taking such a decision to stop dealing with Intel & SLI any more takes lots of balls recently,who just can refuse to deal with Intel in the business ?? I guess a cracky war is about to give the spark