PDA

View Full Version : Latvia’s Largest BitTorrent Tracker Shutdown, Admins Arrested

anon
28.08.08, 21:24
Much to the disappointment of more than 100,000 users, Latvia’s largest BitTorrent tracker has been shut down by the authorities. Following a joint operation by Lativa’s Economic Police and a local IFPI-affiliated anti-piracy agency, two administrators were placed under arrest.

Latvia’s Largest BitTorrent Tracker Shutdown, Admins Arrested | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/latvias-biggest-tracker-shutdown-admins-arrested-080827/)

It had to be the IFPI :rolleyes2:

Dagon
28.08.08, 22:50
oh not so good. i know that at least the most of the latvians are downloading via torrent. one of my latvian friends showed me one of the latvian torrent portals, but i dont remember which one. have to write to him. the normal upstream in riga is about 600 kb/s!

I know the city Sigulda, which is called in the article. nice city. mainly latvian population not like Riga mainly russians :-(.

Mfg Dagon

anon
28.08.08, 22:58
Hope your friend's alright.
If he has used this tracker and its staff is forced to reveal the IFPI all the users' IP addresses, he may get in trouble...

Dagon
28.08.08, 23:06
as i remember he told me its normal to download and the police is very corrupted there. U cant even trust the people there if u dont know them. no i dont think there will be done anything against the people there.

Mfg Dagon

Aurion
30.08.08, 20:17
damn,this is bad dude !! they just wanna shut down any on going business for a life time period ! :redface:

anon
30.08.08, 20:40
That's what they live for :shy:

Aurion
31.08.08, 20:29
That's what they live for :shy:

and that's why some one should stop all those suckers real quick,or worst things would happen