PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 2 Ronin Media

zatoicchi
24.08.08, 07:06
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1861/1219446612.jpg

Developed by THQ’s critically acclaimed internal studio Volition, Inc. using their proprietary open-world engine, Saints Row 2 will offer vastly expanded customization options, a totally transformed and expanded city of Stilwater, all new vehicles, sandbox tools and toys as well as both online co-op and competitive multiplayer.

Saints Row 2 has a much darker and more sinister story that leads your character down a path of betrayal, revenge and redemption against the city that has left him for dead.

Saints Row 2 Ronin Media - Xbox (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17397/Saints-Row-2-Ronin-Media/)

Aurion
25.08.08, 20:07
sounds more like a GTA release for me (but gfx are more pro than any previous GTA version),oooh,check that out,the story goes "leads your character down a path of betrayal, revenge and redemption against the city that has left him for dead. " LOL yeah it is a GTA version for me :biggrin:

Logitech
25.08.08, 20:09
Saints Row 1 was also a GTA copy.
But what I have heard from friends that Saints Row is the only game is that even came close to the experience as GTA and that all those other ripoffs just sucked.

Aurion
25.08.08, 20:58
yeah since GTA got the lead in crime scenes/hate-people games/murder & revenge games,so the need for a new theme is desired by most of the gamers lately (GTA cann't be offered more than a single release annualy)

anon
25.08.08, 23:03
"leads your character down a path of betrayal, revenge and redemption against the city that has left him for dead. "

That's more or less the story of GTA: Vice City...

Which I'm trying to finish, but always end up doing something totally different after loading my savegame :biggrin: You can do all kinds of crazy stuff in the game's virtual world, that's what makes it so fun :tongue:

Logitech
25.08.08, 23:15
Yea GTA:VC really is/was a great game.
The radio was funny.
The missions where nice.
Enough things to do exept mission.

Personally I find that VC had better missions then SA.

I still remember the bank rob mission you and 2 others with hockey mask on robbing a bank:).

And there was a good designer that made beautifully cars for VC and SA.
I almost had no original car in the game only from that designer.

anon
25.08.08, 23:36
Yea GTA:VC really is/was a great game.
The radio was funny.
The missions where nice.
Enough things to do exept mission.

Personally I find that VC had better missions then SA.

In SA you can ride bicycles and swim, but that doesn't make up for it :biggrin:
And for the radios you can do the trick of converting just the station you want to .mp3, then play it using any external media player. This way you save 450MB of .adf's you don't want nor need, and can listen to the station's songs even when not in a vehicle or between cutscenes :smile:
Of course we also can't forget about SDK and how it can greatly help us auto-input cheat codes. :biggrin:

I still remember the bank rob mission you and 2 others with hockey mask on robbing a bank:).

:smile_rofl_2:

And there was a good designer that made beautifully cars for VC and SA.
I almost had no original car in the game only from that designer.

Yea, some of VC's cars are specially extremely well-designed :wink: And as if that wasn't enough, a "real cars mod" exists. I haven't tested it, but if MD set-up so many fake decoy files for it in Ares, it must mean it's good :tongue:

Aurion
26.08.08, 02:06
In SA you can ride bicycles and swim, but that doesn't make up for it :biggrin:
And for the radios you can do the trick of converting just the station you want to .mp3, then play it using any external media player. This way you save 450MB of .adf's you don't want nor need, and can listen to the station's songs even when not in a vehicle or between cutscenes :smile:
Of course we also can't forget about SDK and how it can greatly help us auto-input cheat codes. :biggrin:

I used to do that mostly when I was teasing the city's police guys,listening to great music I made in a nice playlist inside the game's directory,waiting for more tanks/helis to come at me :biggrin: (good old days)

anon
26.08.08, 19:30
I used to do that mostly when I was teasing the city's police guys,listening to great music I made in a nice playlist inside the game's directory,waiting for more tanks/helis to come at me :biggrin:

Oh yeah, how could I forget about the built-in MP3 player :tongue: Making the game's "mp3" folder a NTFS junction to where you store your music is specially cool. :cool2:

(good old days)

Don't play it anymore?:tongue:

Aurion
27.08.08, 19:11
Oh yeah, how could I forget about the built-in MP3 player :tongue: Making the game's "mp3" folder a NTFS junction to where you store your music is specially cool. :cool2:

Yeah it was kinda fun,I was moving a whole 20GB folder to the game's directory,just to tune in to my fave tunes

Don't play it anymore?:tongue:

nah,don't have it on my HDD,wasn't that cool with it (instead I do play something similar to it called "Total Overdose" :shockkk!: OWNZ)

anon
27.08.08, 19:48
Yeah it was kinda fun,I was moving a whole 20GB folder to the game's directory,just to tune in to my fave tunes

That's why it's easier to make a junction to your music folder, saves a lot of space :top:

nah,don't have it on my HDD,wasn't that cool with it (instead I do play something similar to it called "Total Overdose" :shockkk!: OWNZ)

*checks Wikipedia*
Sounds like a fun game :biggrin:

Aurion
29.08.08, 23:00
*checks Wikipedia*
Sounds like a fun game :biggrin:

damn sure it is,I won't play a sick game buddy :biggrin: just grab it off of any tracker,it's lots of fun with those slow-motion jumps :klatsch_3: