PDA

View Full Version : SyncTheBits - A New Mobile Appz Tracker

Aurion
23.08.08, 01:35
StB, or SynctheBits, is a brand-new niche tracker orientated for mobile contents, consisting of themes, games & applications for popular mobile platforms (Windows Mobile, iPhone, Symbian, BlackBerry and Java). Here’s the pitch from the staff:

What StB aims to achieve?

Basically we want to become the flagship for Mobile Torrenting. Whilst we’ve seen a plethora of 0day private torrent sites nowadays, trackers have provided minimal venues (or if any at all) for the download of mobile contents through BitTorrent. StB wants to be the first tracker dedicated in formulating an essential arena for mobile enthusiasts, who would love a one-stop-marketplace for mobile accessories and a community that shares a common interest.

There are a few trackers who supply mobile contents, however the range of choices they offer are limited and contents scarce. StB wants to make a commitment in providing the most comprehensive selection of mobile contents for the end-user. We’ve seen the demands for a mobile niche tracker and we are willing to take it to the next level.

Review Source :

SyncTheBits (http://filesharefreak.com/2008/08/20/syncthebits-a-new-mobile-appz-tracker/)

anon
23.08.08, 18:24
I'll have a look at it for sure (when it opens signups) :top:
Maybe I find some useful and fun apps and games for my V3... whose J2ME implementation is horrible BTW :frown: ("application error" -.-)

Aurion
23.08.08, 18:47
Yeah most of the 2G mobile phones suck when instaling any new outsider application !! I have the creeps when installing any app on my N73 :rolling_eyes:

anon
23.08.08, 19:03
That's true...
In the end it depends on the phone's Java implementation: I have had two Nokias (3220 and 6101 <- still have this one :biggrin:), and they could run almost every app I installed on them (respecting the 128kB JAR limit of course); so I kind of expected my V3 to be able to do that and even faster, because of being newer and more powerful, but pretty much every app I installed on it would crash with an unspecified "application error" before it'd even run -_-
So only a handful of the games that worked in my N6101 can actually run on it... installing them is also harder: have to enable "Java app loader" in the mobile's options, plug the cable, generate a .jad file for the game, run Motorola's own midlet loader, choose COM port, load the .jad, then transfer the game... for Nokia it is just connect the phone, drop the .jar in the phone's drive, disconnect, done...
So I should check other phones too, but for now I'm led to think Nokia's J2ME implementation is probably the best around... [but not perfect, and it depends on the phone as you said]

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 19:20
sounds like a promising new tracker! and i like the idea of only sharing mobile apps!:top:
its been a while since my i620 got some new toys.. :wink:

greetz

anon
23.08.08, 19:24
i620? This one?

http://mobilementalism.com/imageSnag/1180-46b267345302c.jpg
Looks like a very nice phone :top: And rest assured you most likely will be able to run more apps than me... like the Encarta 2008 or Opera Mobile :biggrin:

Aurion
23.08.08, 19:33
Well,lots of mobile phones have appeared lately with good features & network signal stability

anon
23.08.08, 19:39
Hey, talking about signal strength, I almost never have enough to make calls or send text messages from home ('call failed'; 'couldn't send message', etc.), when with my old Nokias I had 4-5 signal "bars" pretty much all the time [and now too, if I switch my SIM to them]...
Must be the custom firmware I have flashed my phone with, but everywhere else outside home I always have full signal... oh well :tongue:

Aurion
23.08.08, 19:43
LOL nah,here we have Full Signal all the time even on the underground,u know I love to go down to test my new phones (always did that) just to make sure,the won't lose signal in High placs or far ones :biggrin:

anon
23.08.08, 19:48
we have Full Signal all the time even on the underground

Wow, I almost never have signal when traveling in the underground :redface:
But if you "probe" the place, using your phone to look for visible Bluetooth mobiles, the found devices list is huge :tongue:

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 19:57
i620? This one?

not that exactly, if its the i620.. but it seems to be its successor, i640 or what it should be called..:rolleyes2:

my little samsung looks like this (white rules :wink: ):

hxxp://crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/samsung-i620-slider-smartphone.jpg

im very satified with the phone, and has erverything i wanted. the top notch could have been wifi, but with my old mda vario 1 i used it only very rarly, so i wont miss it..:cool2:
so, if youre looking for a new one, anon, i can recommend you this one. :top:

anon
23.08.08, 20:06
not that exactly, if its the i620.. but it seems to be its successor, i640 or what it should be called..:rolleyes2:

I found it looking for 'samsung i620' in Google images :tongue:

my little samsung looks like this (white rules :wink: ):

hxxp://crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/samsung-i620-slider-smartphone.jpg

Looks very neat :top:

im very satified with the phone, and has erverything i wanted. the top notch could have been wifi, but with my old mda vario 1 i used it only very rarly, so i wont miss it..:cool2:

What!? :biggrin:
Wi-Fi would be a blessing at the cafes (normal cafes, not Internet ones with PCs :biggrin:) and bars we have here which wi-fi all over the air, waiting to be connected to :shockkk!:

so, if youre looking for a new one, anon, i can recommend you this one. :top:

I'll take your tip in consideration :wink2:

Aurion
23.08.08, 20:59
using your phone to look for visible Bluetooth mobiles, the found devices list is huge :tongue:

yeah,I hate that,I feel like those people never ever hook up with bluetooth with anybody :biggrin:

anon
23.08.08, 21:05
Or maybe they do, so they don't feel like disabling it and saving battery life :cool2:
Try sending some of them a file: they'll accept the transfer and look who between the crowd you are! :biggrin:

Aurion
24.08.08, 01:51
nah,believe me most of the mobile users here just turn bluetooth to waste their batteries so that they go back home when batteries are dead to recharge it wondering "damn,I was busy today !" :biggrin: --> LAME

anon
24.08.08, 22:26
LOL, that's stupid then :stupid:

But leaving your BT on can help you know new people (bluejacking :biggrin:) and discover new music tracks and content (if someone probes your mobile sending you files) :top:

Aurion
25.08.08, 00:06
yeah sure,but you know you cann't always stay clean of viruses/PIN lockers,that's why I don't keep my BT open like a dummer :tongue:

btw,congratz for hitting "2000 posts" :biggrin: im still far behind ya,the gap was so small 1 month ago,remember ? :tongue:

anon
25.08.08, 00:14
yeah sure,but you know you cann't always stay clean of viruses/PIN lockers,that's why I don't keep my BT open like a dummer :tongue:

That's true. Appications like "Bluetooth hack" are freely available on the Internet, and if someone uses them to (successfully) connect to your BT-explosed phone, they can do just about anything.

btw,congratz for hitting "2000 posts" :biggrin: im still far behind ya,the gap was so small 1 month ago,remember ? :tongue:

Yea, it seems like it was yesterday that I started to post here :biggrin:
A big THX to everyone here at SB-Innovation :top:

Aurion
25.08.08, 02:46
That's true. Appications like "Bluetooth hack" are freely available on the Internet, and if someone uses them to (successfully) connect to your BT-explosed phone, they can do just about anything.

LOL never heard of that application before,but it sounds like a good break-thru phones,you can get full contacts list using that,cann't you ??

anon
25.08.08, 14:17
You can do everything, even call others through the hacked phone... :/

Aurion
25.08.08, 19:20

WTF :| are you serious ? can you handle me that app (pm me) :biggrin:

anon
25.08.08, 19:50
Mhm... OK :smile:
But don't misuse it :wink:

vDD+wR
25.08.08, 21:37
im getting really interested in this new tracker, can't wait that the sign-ups are opened!
this thread is definitely my favorite one at the moment.. and not just because of the tracker :biggrin: (a great discussion you both have! :wink: )

Originally Posted by anon

have you tried the application with success already? would be a nice tool if you're getting bored somewhere...:rolleyes2:

Quote: btw,congratz for hitting "2000 posts"
my congratulations too :klatsch_3:

im still far behind ya
dont worry, two more weeks from now on, and there you go too! :wink:

greetz vdd

anon
25.08.08, 22:13
this thread is definitely my favorite one at the moment.. and not just because of the tracker :biggrin: (a great discussion you both have! :wink: )

Yes, that's right! :biggrin:
You're probably the only one on-topic here :smile:

have you tried the application with success already? would be a nice tool if you're getting bored somewhere...:rolleyes2:

Didn't try it myself (both Nokias I have had didn't have Bluetooth, and my V3 doesn't support BT in Java apps), but I have seen other people use it successfully. The range of options available depends on what the hacked phone is and can do, but you're always given plenty of stuff to play around with.

my congratulations too :klatsch_3:

im still far behind ya
dont worry, two more weeks from now on, and there you go too! :wink:

Most likely, because we're both :sb-freak:s :shockkk!:

Aurion
26.08.08, 02:23
Yes, that's right! :biggrin:
You're probably the only one on-topic here :smile:

yeah anon,we should leave him alone,at least till we get that fever we have fixed :biggrin:

Didn't try it myself (both Nokias I have had didn't have Bluetooth, and my V3 doesn't support BT in Java apps), but I have seen other people use it successfully. The range of options available depends on what the hacked phone is and can do, but you're always given plenty of stuff to play around with.

gonna try that to hack my brother's phone just to see how it works (while he's asleep)

Most likely, because we're both :sb-freak:s :shockkk!:

AMEN :cooolll::lovesbi:

anon
26.08.08, 23:16
yeah anon,we should leave him alone,at least till we get that fever we have fixed :biggrin:

Well, we have now advanced a bit regarding that: the first step is admitting it :cool2:

gonna try that to hack my brother's phone just to see how it works (while he's asleep)

Hehe :smile: Make sure you have it at hand, just in case it's one of the models that don't react so "transparently" to Bluetooth hacking and ask for a PIN (tip: it's usually 0000).
If you have passed him a file through BT before (or viceversa), he may have added your device to the "trusted list", in that case everything should work fine...
Have fun and as Google's slogan says don't be evil :wink:

AMEN :cooolll::lovesbi:

:top:

Aurion
27.08.08, 02:19
Well, we have now advanced a bit regarding that: the first step is admitting it :cool2:[quote]

LOL yeah,moving to the next phase after confession..... :cool2:

[quote]Hehe :smile: Make sure you have it at hand, just in case it's one of the models that don't react so "transparently" to Bluetooth hacking and ask for a PIN (tip: it's usually 0000).
If you have passed him a file through BT before (or viceversa), he may have added your device to the "trusted list", in that case everything should work fine...
Have fun and as Google's slogan says don't be evil :wink:

I've done it :klatsch_3: great app anon,it's just that I couldn't get the contact list copying part to work yet,need to work on that later....

shoulder
27.08.08, 02:34
Looks like a nice site, I hope I'll get in there as soon as the beta phase is over and it's easier to get an invite.

The design and categories (and therefore most likely the content) look pretty nice so far. :top:

Aurion
27.08.08, 03:01
yeah I guess that tracker will be a super one since there wasn't any tracker offering torrents for mobile appz ever before (at least I didn't hear about any),so once the beta stage is done,gonna dig up some invites or else :biggrin:

anon
27.08.08, 20:12
@Topic: STB doesn't want their URL to be known, that's why they asked FSF not to post it or show in in screenshots yet, but it's really easy to guess it :biggrin:

I've done it :klatsch_3: great app anon,it's just that I couldn't get the contact list copying part to work yet,need to work on that later....

Heh, glad you were able to make it work :top:
Go to Settings, and untick "disable unsupported functions", maybe that makes it work...

Aurion
27.08.08, 20:33
Heh, glad you were able to make it work :top:
Go to Settings, and untick "disable unsupported functions", maybe that makes it work...

OK,gonna try that out,thanks buddy :top:

vDD+wR
31.08.08, 00:50
*switching over to this thread*:top:

But this is a open signup thread and no discussion thread.
Here's the right place to talk about this tracker.:wink:
as shoulder said, this place could be better for discussing the topic..:rolleyes2:

You also have an edge on this, having a smartphone
yes of course there are more programs released for this type of phone, but if it comes to the programming platform i would say that your v3 has an advantage with java cause its more compatible.
if some software which is released for smartphones/pdas should run on a "normal" mobile phone, it has to be modified, and therefore connected with more efford, right?:smile:

BTW, Aurion just posted a link to signup in PYM, which also is exclusively for mobile applications and games. I have made an account there, and they have a Motorola sectio
do they have a decent selection and collection of wm applications too? :wink:

hopefully I'll find some [working] games
was anything with the you got from stb, cause you set "working" in brackets..:wink:

g'night vdd

anon
31.08.08, 01:37
*switching over to this thread*:top:

as shoulder said, this place could be better for discussing the topic..:rolleyes2:

And he's very right, the other one was about open signups and I was kind of hijacking it :smile:

yes of course there are more programs released for this type of phone, but if it comes to the programming platform i would say that your v3 has an advantage with java cause its more compatible.

Well, PYM has a Motorola V3 apps torrent, so I'm sure most of them will work on mine, specially if they have been tested :biggrin:
But I don't know whether my phone is more compatible: most games I have tried crash either before loading, in-game, or directly hang and don't come back after I hit the End button and choose Resume from the appearing menu.
I think Nokia's implementation is the most compatible, specially because a lot of the commercial games out there use the "nokia fullcanvas" internal class. But some Alcatel models can also run pretty much every app you throw at them, and when it tries to do something the phone can't (like scanning for BT devices if the mobile doesn't support Bluetooth), usually nothing will happen and the appication itself will continue running, where most other phones would have crashed instead.

if some software which is released for smartphones/pdas should run on a "normal" mobile phone, it has to be modified, and therefore connected with more efford, right?:smile:

It depends. If it was a SIS (or whatever other smartphone formats are) app, it directly won't be able to run in a Java-only handset.
It it's a J2ME app, its performance can range from running very well, to sluggish because of the phone's slow-clock CPU, or directly run out of memory in the middle of its runtime and crash. The phone's Java implementation's quality also may (or may not) play an important role.

do they have a decent selection and collection of wm applications too? :wink:

This is their category list:
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2135/asdfgi0.gif
Windows Mobile not in sight :frown:

I did a search for "wm" and "windows mobile" and got a few results, but not what you'd call a variety of apps :frown:

was anything with the you got from stb, cause you set "working" in brackets..:wink:

I put it between square brackets because that's what I hoped: that they end up working in my V3 :biggrin:

g'night vdd

Sleep well :smile:

vDD+wR
31.08.08, 12:00
I was kind of hijacking it
then shame on you for misusing it..:biggrin: (but i didn't stop either, so...:wink:)

PYM has a Motorola V3 apps torrent, so I'm sure most of them will work on mine, specially if they have been tested
so you're rediscovering your good ol' v3 :wink:

most games I have tried crash either before loading, in-game, or directly hang and don't come back after I hit the End button and choose Resume from the appearing menu.
as you said already this could be because of the phones lack of memory or the slow cpu.. or its only compatible with specific phones (what i doubt..:wink:)
btw while im writing this, i got the idea, if the problem would be the cpu, an OC-prgram could be the solution.
with my first smartphone (the mpx200) the overclocking solved a lot problems after i flashed it with a wm2003 rom.. :smile:
overclocked it from 120 to 133mhz :rolleyes2: not the world but you felt the diffenrence. only problem was the short battery life. but nevertheless it managed a day before it had be charged again, which was quite good i think..

This is their category list:
Windows Mobile not in sight:frown:
no problem at all.. its even better because so, i don't have to sign up on another tracker and don't lose the overview.. :wink:

ecause that's what I hoped: that they end up working in my V3
did you tried it already?

have a nice day:top:

anon
31.08.08, 18:46
then shame on you for misusing it..:biggrin: (but i didn't stop either, so...:wink:)

Yes, indeed. I have this problem of going off topic constantly :smile:

so you're rediscovering your good ol' v3 :wink:

Thought so at first, but... :frown:

as you said already this could be because of the phones lack of memory or the slow cpu.. or its only compatible with specific phones (what i doubt..:wink:)

I don't know about my phone's CPU, but I do know that it has a 800KB heapsize, which is a lot for apps that weight 128kB or below, but won't satisfy the bigger (400-500KB) ones :tongue: There are also cases where the phone will simply refuse to even install the JAR: I press the transfer button in MIDway, but it stalls on "sending file..." and the phone's screen says "corrupted file" or something like that :redface:

btw while im writing this, i got the idea, if the problem would be the cpu, an OC-prgram could be the solution.
with my first smartphone (the mpx200) the overclocking solved a lot problems after i flashed it with a wm2003 rom.. :smile:

Well... can a V3 even be overclocked? :biggrin:
I did flash it though (tried a lot of different custom packs) and that added a lot of improvements and performance boosts every time, but I felt it'd be better if I decided what things I wanted to add/remove myself, and not be restricted to the modder's work. So I applied a latest-version stock FW, learned how to do the hex-mods, speed the menus up and such things, and flashed the phone with a completely custom image :cool2:

overclocked it from 120 to 133mhz :rolleyes2: not the world but you felt the diffenrence. only problem was the short battery life. but nevertheless it managed a day before it had be charged again, which was quite good i think..

I wouldn't have thought a 13mHz increase in the clock rate would drain the battery so fast :biggrin:
My N6101's charge always lasted a day or two at most, but that's because it wasn't an official Nokia battery... :eek3:

no problem at all.. its even better because so, i don't have to sign up on another tracker and don't lose the overview.. :wink:

That's a good idea :smile:
I'll tell you if they add a WM category! :wink:

did you tried it already?

I wasn't at home when I made my last post yesterday, but now I have downloaded the torrent, and it's a dead one. 0 seeds, 0 leechers :frown:

BTW, it's extremely easy to cheat at PYM: I used the NoComplete_NoReport-Tracker uTorrent mod...
* my stats are still 0:0 after downloading 3 torrents,
* no active torrents have ever been shown in my profile, and
* I haven't snatched anything. :biggrin:

I want to let some time pass before I cheat at STB though: they're probably closely watching all new accounts, and have a very small userbase (500 users). There's also a WM app called "Bluetooth Remote Control" there, maybe you find it interesting... :wink:

have a nice day:top:

vDD+wR
31.08.08, 21:44
Thought so at first, but...:frown:
what was wrong? didnt work the way you expected:confused2:

Well... can a V3 even be overclocked?:biggrin:
i searched through google, but couldn't find anyhing helpful..:frown: so i'm very pessimistic about it..
but it would be cool if someone could code such a utility:wink:

I wasn't at home when I made my last post yesterday, but now I have downloaded the torrent, and it's a dead one. 0 seeds, 0 leechers
hope you'll find a new games pack for your v3 then.:smile:

I'll tell you if they add a WM category!:wink:
yeah thanks, that would be :top:

BTW, it's extremely easy to cheat at PYM: I used the NoComplete_NoReport-Tracker uTorrent mod...
* my stats are still 0:0 after downloading 3 torrents,
* no active torrents have ever been shown in my profile, and
* I haven't snatched anything. great, thats good toknow, if i will ever sign up there too. :biggrin: but how do you build up a decent ratio there when your up and down in't counted?
or do you use ratiofaker or something like that too?

I want to let some time pass before I cheat at STB though: they're probably closely watching all new accounts
yep, had the same in mind. :smile: but at first i'll try it without faking cause they have some good implementations such as the creditsystem, i think.
but after the userbase has grown big enough there, a little faking wont hurt either....:wink:
btw, is there something known about the anti-cheating system they have? would be interesting to know
:smile:

shoulder
31.08.08, 22:00
I want to let some time pass before I cheat at STB though: they're probably closely watching all new accounts
I would also be careful with cheating there as long as it isn't "tested" very well.

Since one of the owners is a P2P-Talk Admin I think they most likely share your IP if they banned you.

anon
31.08.08, 22:03
what was wrong? didnt work the way you expected:confused2:

The torrent was dead :frown:

i searched through google, but couldn't find anyhing helpful..:frown: so i'm very pessimistic about it..
but it would be cool if someone could code such a utility:wink:

I googled too, and the only thing I could find the program MotoSpeed which I had already used to accelerate the menus :tongue:

hope you'll find a new games pack for your v3 then.:smile:

Me too... just downloaded a few individual small games, and hopefully they'll work correctly. :)
By the way, there's this application called JAM Adapter which claims to be able to "adapt" JAR files for specific phones, maybe it's exactly what I need? :drool:

yeah thanks, that would be :top:

great, thats good toknow, if i will ever sign up there too. :biggrin: but how do you build up a decent ratio there when your up and down in't counted?
or do you use ratiofaker or something like that too?

If their anti-cheat protection is so poor to let a stealth mod go fully undetected, my guess is that you could use the Ratio Master or even Pimp my Ratio to build yourself some upload :biggrin:
And at the moment all their torrents are free leech. :klatsch_3:

yep, had the same in mind. :smile: but at first i'll try it without faking cause they have some good implementations such as the creditsystem, i think.

I saw that too, so for now I'm keeping Faze open to acumulate some points :tongue:

but after the userbase has grown big enough there, a little faking wont hurt either....:wink:

If they increase their user limit that is :biggrin:

btw, is there something known about the anti-cheating system they have? would be interesting to know
:smile:

It's relatively new, so we'll just have to wait, test our tools and see how good their scripts are.
Just used the Faze Mod there, setting the upload multiplicator to 2x and stopping the torrent when a 0.500 ratio is reached, and I haven't been banned.
The Azureus hack is of course always a good option, but for now most of their torrents have very few leechers, if at all. Most things you can find there are also very small (less than a MB), except of course for packs like "1000 games for the Nokia xxxx", etc.
What shoulder said is also important. I'll later test if my semi-anonymous method also works at STB, to minimize damages should you get caught and your IP shared with the world.

vDD+wR
31.08.08, 22:51
Since one of the owners is a P2P-Talk Admin I think...
if that is so, then the possibility is high enough that he knows the stuff quite good that we are using and therefore has updated the protocols.. there's the possibility, that he knows the site too. could be, couldn't it?

I googled too, and the only thing I could find the program MotoSpeed which I had already used to accelerate the menus
thats a pity that there isn't any other tuning for your phone, but good too, cause now you know that you optmized it to the top :biggrin:

there's this application called JAM Adapter which claims to be able to "adapt" JAR files for specific phones, maybe it's exactly what I need?
that would be definitly something for you :wink:
but i doubt that you can play ervery .jar game with it cause i think it's very hard to adapt a game that way, so that it's running on phones with, lets say, a lower cpu clock or with less memory...

And at the moment all their torrents are free leech.
hehe, so you dont have to use any mods at all:top:

I'll later test if my semi-anonymous method also works at STB, to minimize damages should you get caught and your IP shared with the world.
thats a great idea, i can help there too if you dont mind, cause i know you'll check your favorite ultrasurf only, right?:biggrin:
no, really if you need some just tell me:smile:

anon
31.08.08, 23:04
if that is so, then the possibility is high enough that he knows the stuff quite good that we are using and therefore has updated the protocols.. there's the possibility, that he knows the site too. could be, couldn't it?

You mean updated his scripts?
I think every good tracker knows about us :wink:
But for most of them in the end it's all about finding the right settings for our tools :cool2:

thats a pity that there isn't any other tuning for your phone, but good too, cause now you know that you optmized it to the top :biggrin:

Oh no, there's also a variety of hex-mods (called "seem editing") that can be done to fully customize the phone's options, add/remove stuff, etc...
But I have applied those too :cool2:

that would be definitly something for you :wink:
but i doubt that you can play ervery .jar game with it cause i think it's very hard to adapt a game that way, so that it's running on phones with, lets say, a lower cpu clock or with less memory...

Yes! :biggrin:
Of course it won't be able to adapt a 800KB, 320x240 app for my Moto, but seems to be successful at remapping the phone's keyboard, replacing Nokia classes with generic ones, even making graphics that are of the screen size inmediately next to mine (176x220) fit in my screen :top:

hehe, so you dont have to use any mods at all:top:

Erhm, I don't know, I'm not comfortable with the idea of download being added to my acc :eek3: So no-report FTW :biggrin:
[yes, I know I'll have to send some stats sooner or later :tongue:]

thats a great idea, i can help there too if you dont mind, cause i know you'll check your favorite ultrasurf only, right?:biggrin:
no, really if you need some just tell me:smile:

You're forgetting about Freegate :biggrin:
And check your notifications :wink: