PDA

View Full Version : RIAA Pays $107,951 to Alleged Filesharer

anon
15.08.08, 18:52
It has been something of a David and Goliath battle, but the first skirmishes in the war on file sharing are over. While the RIAA jubilantly claimed success last year, it is another case that has has now silenced the RIAA, as it avoids drawing attention to the case it never had.

RIAA Pays $107,951 to Alleged Filesharer | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/riaa-pays-up-in-anderson-case-080814/)

First time money goes the other way for the RIAA :klatsch_3:

Logitech
15.08.08, 19:11
Are the RIAA not losing more and more cases and have to pay for the cost that people made to defend them self

anon
15.08.08, 19:42
Their strategy was trying to scare people with their warnings, then make them settle for "low" amounts of money (say $ 4000-6000) to avoid "bigger risks". Now, when it started to be known that they could almost never present solid evidence in court when people didn't do this...

Aurion
16.08.08, 17:18
lol i do have the feeling that it meant to be a sick a$$ bribe for one of the powerful guys in the government,then it went totally against their well :baeh:

anon
16.08.08, 20:44
Yea, that way they could make a lot of money with every case while still screwing up people, but making them think they avoided legal trouble or jail. I hate when they play with people's desperation like this :icon_angry[1]:

Aurion
18.08.08, 13:18
Com'on my friend,we all know that those sick a$$ moves are done by such slammers as RIAA just to prove they got a point there :baeh: