PDA

View Full Version : Georgian TV reporter gets hit by by a Russian sniper during a live broadcast

plentonimus
15.08.08, 08:23
This is the dramatic moment a TV reporter was shot by a sniper as she reported live from war-torn Georgia.

Tamara Urushadze took a bullet to her left arm in the flashpoint town of Gori as Russian forces continued their illegal occupation.

Bravely, or foolishly, the 32-year-old brunette continued her report after a few moments as other journalists and aid workers dashed for cover.

Read full story & see the video on dailymail.co.uk (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1045030/Video-Georgian-TV-reporter-shot-Russian-sniper-live-broadcast-carries-report-bleeding-arm.html)

Live coverage is boring. I think, the only thing tey're saying is: "You can hear gun fire in the background. The situation is pretty stable. Troops are marching from ... to ..."

Duvaris
16.08.08, 03:33
the one video with the turkish reporters was wild. did you see all the bullet holes in the windows as they were backing away? :eek3:

SealLion
16.08.08, 16:59
I am sure you know why the journalists were shot at, yes??

news coverage of those and other events not being transmitted to the rest of the world.
Fortunately, they did.

I am pretty sure that russia is also angry that georgia wants to join NATO, too.