PDA

View Full Version : Thai Official: Prosecute Game Makers for Copycat Violence

zatoicchi
14.08.08, 09:29
Could executves of Take-Two and Rockstar Games be prosecuted for an alleged copycat killing in Thailand?

Following local police assertions that the murder of a Bangkok cab driver was prompted by the killer's play of Grand Theft Auto, a Thai government official has called for prosecution of game publishers for instances of copycat violence.

AsiaOne Digtal quotes Somchai Jaroen-amnuaysuk of the Welfare Promotion, Protection and Empowerment of Vulnerable Groups Office:

Thai Official: Prosecute Game Makers for Copycat Violence (http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/08/13/thai-official-prosecute-game-makers-copycat-violence)

Aurion
16.08.08, 19:12
LOL I guess things got really Hot up there !! anyway,good for them to cut losses & not getting shocked with other incidents based on criminal movies/games

anon
16.08.08, 20:48
Yea, I think it's better if they stop releasing GTA-like games there for some time, after all the recent stuff...

Aurion
17.08.08, 17:10
well,I guess most of the countries now are banning most of the violence related games that most of the young gamers already like !! anyway its a matter of time before a big murder deal happen soon !!