PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent Fires 20% of Its Employees

anon
07.08.08, 19:33
BitTorrent Inc., founded by Bram Cohen, the inventor of the BitTorrent protocol, is firing 12 of its 55 employees. The company, which also develops the popular BitTorrent client uTorrent, had been struggling to make money from their download store, which is one of the causes of the layoffs.

BitTorrent Fires 20% of Its Employees | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-fires-20-of-its-employees-080806/)

BT chained (stupid) mistakes when DRMing their "rental" videos and now these people lost their job...

Aurion
09.08.08, 16:31
woow,12 employees or lets say developers since such a small firm already has a small army of developers/suppliers/distributors to compete in the market !! their uT client is already for free on websites so I guess if they dont have extra bux to pay utility bills,then they have some serious problems

anon
09.08.08, 20:50
their uT client is already for free on websites so I guess if they dont have extra bux to pay utility bills

I think it takes more bandwidth to go to utorrent.com, then reach the download page, than to download uTorrent itself :cool2: