PDA

View Full Version : Pirated Music Crackdown...at the Airport?

zatoicchi
01.08.08, 11:41
Ah, airport security. It's all about keeping our skies safe from weapons, dangerous chemicals -- and now, possibly pirated music.

The Australian government is apparently looking at a plan to start searching iPods and other MP3 players at security checkpoints. The sole purpose? Seeking out illegally downloaded songs, according to a "leaked discussion paper" exposed by the media down under (including News Corp's Australian arm, News Digital Media). The Aussies may not be he only ones considering the idea, either: The proposal is said to be part of a broader
international treaty -- one believed to include the good ol' U.S. of A. -- so we could ultimately see the concept pop up here, there, or anywhere.

Under the agreement, agents would be able to issue "criminal sanctions" -- fines, or theoretically even jail time -- if they discover pirated tracks on your player. And to think, here you figured the only risk of downloading the latest Hannah Montana tune was complete and utter embarrassment if your friends found out.

Pirated Music Crackdown...at the Airport? (http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/007358.html)

Aurion
01.08.08, 15:12
LOL this is crazy !! I cant imagine that I will be strip searched for illegal music that might be existing inside my iPod !! I guess tourists will take a bad image about that (u know those things are personal stuff) :confused2:

anon
01.08.08, 18:46
Sounds a bit silly to me; the old excuse of "iPods and other electronical devices disrupt the flight equipment's functionality" is way better now :tongue: Oh well, it may now well be between some australians' stuff to do before taking a plane encrypting their tracks.

zatoicchi
02.08.08, 04:19
the funny thing about this situation is ,i would not be surprised if they actually starts doing this kind of thing..they would do anything just to get their point across about piracy..greedy Ba*t*rd

Aurion
02.08.08, 10:49
Yeah they actually are kissing a$$ for anything that might lead them "Music Industry Protectors" !! they just imitate others in pissing off people just to show rights preservation :baeh: