PDA

View Full Version : Autoruns 9.32

anon
31.07.08, 21:02
This utility, which has the most comprehensive knowledge of auto-starting locations of any startup monitor, shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them. These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You can configure Autoruns to show other locations, including Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more. Autoruns goes way beyond the MSConfig utility bundled with Windows Me and XP.

DOWNLOAD PAGE (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx)

Very, very good tool for eliminating stupid autorun trojans. Can be practically an anti-spyware program if you use it correctly. :wink:

Aurion
31.07.08, 22:20
same Idea as ComboFix I guess,anyway let me give it a try :top:

anon
31.07.08, 22:22
More or less, but CF does all the hard work by itself :top: This is more of an advanced tool :tongue:

Aurion
31.07.08, 22:26
More or less, but CF does all the hard work by itself :top: This is more of an advanced tool :tongue:

yeah it is,just let me walk thru its options tho :biggrin:

anon
31.07.08, 22:29
:smile:

IMO this is better than those "startup monitors" that just check what's in the registry "Run" keys and the start-up folder :)

Aurion
31.07.08, 22:31
:smile:

IMO this is better than those "startup monitors" that just check what's in the registry "Run" keys and the start-up folder :)

for me,I always need an aggressive tool that totally sweep all PC hidden files/folders for any malfunctioning files

anon
31.07.08, 22:37
You can remove all references to those with this App, then use search to delete the files :top:

Edit: of course make sure that what you're removing is really unneeded :wink:

Aurion
31.07.08, 23:37
You can remove all references to those with this App, then use search to delete the files :top:

Edit: of course make sure that what you're removing is really unneeded :wink:

well,let me be honest,some times @ PC cleaning times,I always trust the tool that im using tho,I dont check up lots of options in the cleaning methods,and I just do fine :biggrin:

anon
31.07.08, 23:43
I dont check up lots of options in the cleaning methods,and I just do fine :biggrin:

Keep it like that :top: Some system "optimizers", specially registry cleaners, are so strong they end up brushing everything :eek13:

Aurion
01.08.08, 20:43
Keep it like that :top: Some system "optimizers", specially registry cleaners, are so strong they end up brushing everything :eek13:

I usually dont use all offered options in any tool since I dont use any tool that I dont pre know what it does actually,so the default settings are good to go

anon
01.08.08, 20:47
And if you feel like doing some testing you can run it Sandboxed :biggrin: