PDA

View Full Version : [July,31] Symantec: New Attitude on Security Needed

Aurion
31.07.08, 21:24
Government agencies and private companies need to move their focus away from single-point security solutions to more holistic, information-based security, Symantec officials advised.

"Clearly we've moved to a point in time where our customers have to be much more focused on protecting the information itself, as opposed to protecting the PC or protecting the network," John Thompson, Symantec's chairman and CEO, said Thursday at the company's government symposium in Washington, D.C. "While those are necessary components of a protection strategy, they're not the end all. More has to be done."

In recent years, U.S. lawmakers have focused their attention on data breaches and lost laptops, and federal agencies have scrambled to meet requirements for encrypting information on laptops and other mobile devices. On Monday, the U.S. Government Accountability Office released a report saying that only 30 percent of sensitive data on mobile devices at 24 major agencies had been encrypted as of last September.

Source :

PC World - Business Center: Symantec: New Attitude on Security Needed (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/149209/symantec_new_attitude_on_security_needed.html)

anon
31.07.08, 21:37
Well, for big companies, small workstations can be disposed of easily, but it's the data that matters :tongue:

Aurion
31.07.08, 21:39
Well, for big companies, small workstations can be disposed of easily, but it's the data that matters :tongue:

External HDDs FTW :biggrin:

anon
31.07.08, 21:41
With high data transfer rates ;D

Aurion
31.07.08, 21:43
LOL for sure,they got like 200K buffering speed or so :tongue:

anon
31.07.08, 22:06
Or disks with 16MB buffers and 200MB RAM deferred writing SuperCaches :cool2:

Aurion
01.08.08, 00:31
Or disks with 16MB buffers and 200MB RAM deferred writing SuperCaches :cool2:

that would make my Day Nicer !! :tongue: Its all about Buffering u know !!

anon
01.08.08, 00:39
that would make my Day Nicer !!

You want to know more? Link (http://www.superspeed.com/desktop/supercache.php)
That's the soft I talked about... they have a trial version so that you can check it out :top:

Aurion
01.08.08, 16:42
yeah definitely I would,Thanks :top:

anon
01.08.08, 19:07
Tell me if you see huge performance improvements :biggrin: (You'll notice at least operations that handle big files will speed up :top:)

Aurion
01.08.08, 21:09
Tell me if you see huge performance improvements :biggrin: (You'll notice at least operations that handle big files will speed up :top:)

take a look @ the web page,that product is requiring a purchase to download it :tongue: anyway,I will search for a cracked copy of it

anon
01.08.08, 21:13
take a look @ the web page,that product is requiring a purchase to download it :tongue:

There is a trial version, you can get it here (http://www.superspeed.com/download/trialversions.php)... Download "SuperCache 3", it's the first in the list :wink: