PDA

View Full Version : Hacker vows to fight extradition

zatoicchi
31.07.08, 04:42
A Briton accused of hacking into top-secret military computers has vowed to fight extradition to stand trial in the US after losing a court appeal.

Glasgow-born Gary McKinnon could face life in jail if convicted of accessing 97 US military and Nasa computers.

He has admitted breaking into the computers from his London home but said he was seeking information on UFOs.

Mr McKinnon says he will take his case to the European Court of Human Rights after losing the Law Lords appeal.

Mr McKinnon, 42, first lost his case at the High Court in 2006 before taking it to the highest court in the UK, the House of Lords.

He was arrested in 2002 but never charged in the UK.

BBC NEWS | UK | Hacker vows to fight extradition (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7533916.stm)

anon
31.07.08, 19:06
Of course you're not supposed to break into high-security systems, but the US court wanting to jail him for 60 years because he just entered one of their private computers is stupid! :baeh:

Specially when thieves and killers are sometimes in the streets again after a very much shorter time :icon_angry[1]:

Aurion
31.07.08, 21:13
first of all,WTF :shockkk!: its awesome that you break into high secured computers like those without getting noticed prior to break through (how njoyable)

"Mr McKinnon says he will take his case to the European Court of Human Rights after losing the Law Lords appeal."

anyway,I guess he will have a chance still there to get a low sentence

anon
31.07.08, 21:27
anyway,I guess he will have a chance still there to get a low sentence

I hope so, because spending the rest of your life in jail just because you entered a computer network isn't fun.

Aurion
31.07.08, 21:29
I hope so, because spending the rest of your life in jail just because you entered a computer network isn't fun.

yeah but u know that computer network isnt that easy nor funny (technology OWNS as I always say,but he proved to be way genius tho)