PDA

View Full Version : Waffles Points!

zatoicchi
29.07.08, 05:06
Upon the recent implementation of our awards system, we decided to take things a step further: Waffles Points! You can earn points for partaking in many basic site activities, such as uploading, snatching, seeding, and becoming a Power User. Activities of your invitees will also influence your points. Your total points are displayed in your profile. A full list of ways to earn points and the ability to spend them will be available once the system has been further tested live.

Mr.J edit: We will most likely be resetting the points back to 0, then rewarding them retroactively, after all of the kinks are worked out.

This is just one of several new features that we've got planned.

source:: waffles

Aurion
29.07.08, 11:52
hmm,I guess this new feature is awesome for their users,maybe if they added extra sub-feature to it (so that when users have saved certain amount of points they can buy extra ratio or uploaded amounts as a reward)

CindyVer
29.07.08, 14:00
hmm,I guess this new feature is awesome for their users,maybe if they added extra sub-feature to it (so that when users have saved certain amount of points they can buy extra ratio or uploaded amounts as a reward)

Maybe nice feature for genuine members ... as a 0-uploader it's no use to buy extra ratio or upload amounts :cool2:

Aurion
31.07.08, 16:49
Maybe nice feature for genuine members ... as a 0-uploader it's no use to buy extra ratio or upload amounts :cool2:

that would be called a Pure l33cher which shall be banned already :klatsch_3:

anon
31.07.08, 18:32
that would be called a Pure l33cher

Remember he has no upload enabled for an important reason :wink:

Aurion
01.08.08, 14:47
Why is that tho ? I cant figure out why no upload meter enabled already :confused2:

CindyVer
01.08.08, 17:39
Remember he has no upload enabled for an important reason :wink:

Why is that tho ? I cant figure out why no upload meter enabled already :confused2:

I don't cheat because I can or because I have shitty connection but because filesharing is illegal and in my part of the world uploader (or seeders) are the first people the authorities try to catch when raiding servers/trackers. I never upload a single byte and only download because it is a way of protecting myself when doing illegal stuff and limiting the risks.

I appreciate security a lot. Since P2P in general, and BT in particular isn't safe to use by nature, I like to minimize the risks.

Aurion
02.08.08, 16:54
I appreciate security a lot. Since P2P in general, and BT in particular isn't safe to use by nature, I like to minimize the risks.

hmm,I guess now u have a good personal point tho !! but u know however the rule exists,there might be some extraordinary case that should be considered as a good working solution ONLY if applied with caution :top:

anon
02.08.08, 18:18
should be considered as a good working solution ONLY if applied with caution :top:

With caution? You either enable 0-up or not :biggrin:

tinker77
04.08.08, 10:27
Does waffle's script able to pick out 0-up users?

Aurion
04.08.08, 18:29
With caution? You either enable 0-up or not :biggrin:

yeah moreover,I meant that cheating in terms of torrenting solution might be dangerous u know some times,so if used/applied then with a bit awareness :tongue:

anon
04.08.08, 18:57
I'm not at Waffles, but I don't think so... you look the same as a legit user that couldn't upload anything (unless there were more leechers than seeders, in this case you should have been able to upload something, but this is another factor; so if they're looking at this, it may be detected...)

Can a Waffles user enlighten us? :biggrin:

CindyVer
04.08.08, 19:04
Does waffle's script able to pick out 0-up users?

NO ... but define a 0-up user.

SealLion
04.08.08, 22:56
YOu know. I find that Waffles is a real bitch to seed on. I've uploaded material only to find out that no leechers were ever present on my torrent on just a couple of days. Had to delete my torrents then. No sense in seeding/uploading if no-one wants what music I've got.

I've tried cheating there numerous times only to find my ratio doesn't improve a lot solely due to there be no leechers on torrents that I've downloaded and now seed.

What a predicament, eh??

I am actually thinking of giving away my waffles account sometime in the future. Perhaps, the new owner will at have more luck than me.

xarda
05.08.08, 01:11
haha sealion i agree their anti cheat script are their users :D...

zatoicchi
05.08.08, 07:31
I find that Waffles is a real bitch to seed on.

yep. we all have the same problem there at waffles, no seeders and leechers too bad they dont have a pron section :biggrin: ..if they do ratio there should be a piece of cake.. the best time to build your ratio there is when they have a new torrents ..

CindyVer
05.08.08, 07:41
Can't say I have had difficulties on Waffles to seed. It all depends on the way you cheat I guess.

I already had a 30 GB buffer after some weeks. But indeed it is the same at Waffles, What as it was before on Oink. Lot's of torrents, really an abundance but very little leechers.

Best thing you can do is monitor when there will be a Freeleech weekend. You should see it than ... it's easy to build a buffer during freeleech, really easy.

Aurion
06.08.08, 21:04
... it's easy to build a buffer during freeleech, really easy.

very true,moreover lots of strong trackers are opening freeleech weeks for a couple of times lately (TT,RevTT,SS) :top:

CindyVer
06.08.08, 21:39
very true,moreover lots of strong trackers are opening freeleech weeks for a couple of times lately (TT,RevTT,SS) :top:

At TT it was a realy good opportunity to build a gigantic buffer indeed during the recent FL. :top:

At revtt it's always FL, it is very easy to build a buffer there, even without FL :biggrin:

Aurion
09.08.08, 18:47
LOL yeah,RevTT is not that big deal,its all about strong monsters like TT,SCT ...etc :top:

xarda
09.08.08, 19:39
Anyone know how to rack up a lot of points easily on waffles? Is there any "easy" way to get like 1000 pts?

Aurion
15.08.08, 17:39
havent been there to figure out how to build a nice points generator but since those points are related to upping/seeding part,so u just have to stick to the new added torrents or mega leeching packs to get those seeding points collected in no time