PDA

View Full Version : ImageShack’s Free Torrent Download Service Expands

zatoicchi
28.07.08, 06:03
ImageShack, one of the largest media hosting websites, has implemented some significant upgrades to their torrent download service. One of the most innovative new features is the “video preview”, which allows users to browse through stills of the video they are downloading, to get an impression of the quality of the file.

imageshackImageShack, as the name already suggests, is best known for their image hosting. However, the site has more to offer, like their torrent download service for example.

ImageShack allows its users to upload a .torrent file to the site, which will then be downloaded to the ImageShack servers. After the download is complete, the files can be easily downloaded via a http link in any browser. The service is ideal for people who have throttled connection, and those who don’t want to give out their IP address to the public.

ImageShack’s Free Torrent Download Service Expands | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/imageshacks-free-torrent-download-service-expands-080727/)

Dagon
28.07.08, 10:53
i have tested the service once and most of the files had crc errors so i decided not more to use this service.

Mfg Dagon

Aurion
28.07.08, 12:30
Well,didnt use that feature before but looking forward to (without any expectations,but do u think they will offer such a decent feature ?)

anon
28.07.08, 17:56
"The service is ideal for people who have throttled connection"

Maybe a solution for my throttling problem!? :biggrin: btw my ISP temporarily deactivated their equipment yesterday so I could grab Ubuntu Ultimate @ 180kbs, that was a nice "refreshment" :biggrin:

Aurion
29.07.08, 01:56
btw my ISP temporarily deactivated their equipment yesterday so I could grab Ubuntu Ultimate @ 180kbs, that was a nice "refreshment" :biggrin:

LOL good to hear that anon,then go & grab some torrents while they are off or find something used to be monitored to mess up with :tongue: (power went off RULES)

anon
29.07.08, 18:57
then go & grab some torrents while they are off

That was just for a while that day :mad2: Now they seem to have raised the limit a little so I can P2P at more or less 60kbs, but I wanted to test the latest Ubuntu release in a VM, and downloading it at that speed sucked, when with HSS enabled I could reach like 250kbs. :baeh:

Having to (ab)use public services that were meant for completely different purposes just to workaround my ISP's lame limitations is stupid :icon_angry[1]:

zatoicchi
31.07.08, 09:11
Beware in using this service they will logged your ip and send you letters to your isp ...:eek3:

Aurion
31.07.08, 16:25
Beware in using this service they will logged your ip and send you letters to your isp ...:eek3:

damn,that would be way LAME dude,the guy is already pissed off getting 60Kb while his line can reach 250KB :baeh:

anon
31.07.08, 18:29
@zatoicchi: never mind that :biggrin: Almost everyone using my ISP uses HSS to bypass the shaping equipment when they need to download something fast, and everything is cool for now because here nobody cares about piracy :wink2: Or "cyber-crimes" :tongue:

You still have an important point there that should be taken in consideration.