PDA

View Full Version : Nadal beats Kiefer to win Rogers Cup title

zatoicchi
28.07.08, 06:01
TORONTO (AP)—Rafael Nadal beat Nicolas Kiefer 6-3, 6-2 on Sunday to win the Rogers Cup, his fifth straight tournament victory.

The second-seeded Spaniard has won 29 consecutive matches and seven tournaments—including the French Open and Wimbledon—this year. This was his first win on hard court this season.

“I win on every surface, no? I win on grass, on hard, on indoor, and on clay, too,” Nadal said. “So if I am playing my best tennis I can win on every surface, no?”

Kiefer, of Germany, was unseeded and ranks 37th in the world. He was playing in his first ATP final since 2005. It was Nadal’s second Rogers Cup title.

Nadal first broke Kiefer in the fifth game when Kiefer, down 15-40, had Nadal far out of position but gently laid his drop shot into the net.

The players held serve until the ninth game, when Kiefer’s double fault gave Nadal the set point.

Kiefer had a chance to break Nadal in the fifth game of the second set, but after going to deuce six times, Kiefer hit a backhand well wide.

Nadal beats Kiefer to win Rogers Cup title (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AqzRsudRkk8FdyF8z5eIyuM4v7YF?slug=ap-toronto&prov=ap&type=lgns)

toolboy22
09.08.08, 19:42
nadal is the man!