PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 06:24
http://www.gamersinfo.net/gallery/photos/2362/med_1216345572-23628.jpg

Perhaps the biggest surprise for me was the fact that when I got to Bethesda on Thursday, for my last appointment of E3, I got to play around a half-hour of Fallout 3. There were a few restrictions on what we could or could not write about, but I jumped right into it to the point of forgetting to write anything down.

The demo started off by walking out of Vault 101. The unnatural - to you - light blinds you for a second and there I am, looking over a scenic overpass. Getting my bears, I walked around a bit until I got jumped by a vicious dog.

My first taste of Fallout 3 combat.

Backpedaling, I popped off a few rounds at the dog, finally took him down. As I walked on towards a small town that I spied, I was jumped by another dog. This time, I held down one button and pulled up VATS - the "action point" system of Fallout 3. It showed me what my percentage chances of hitting the dog in various places would be, and a few shots later, down went the dog.

Off to the city.

Walking through the city, having talked to its sheriff after being waved in by the robotic guard, I kept my radio tuned to some music until I found a small shop. There the lady gave me a job - going to retrieve some landmines and bring them back to her. Not having much of another job, I decided to take it.

Fallout 3 (http://www.gamersinfo.net/articles/2274-e3-2008-fallout-3)

Aurion
25.07.08, 16:36
to be honest didnt hear about that game before,but according to that pic,I guess character details are awesome (for sure if being run using Nvidia 9 series) if gfx are set to max !!

anon
25.07.08, 18:42
"It showed me what my percentage chances of hitting the dog in various places would be, and a few shots later, down went the dog."

it will make you think before you shoot hehe :)

Aurion
26.07.08, 15:48
"It showed me what my percentage chances of hitting the dog in various places would be, and a few shots later, down went the dog."

it will make you think before you shoot hehe :)

LOL that would be too boring tho,you just need some grinding action for a game to be way awesome,just lots of war to fight through :tongue:

anon
26.07.08, 18:21
maybe after completing the game for the 1st time, a "trigger happy" game mode is enabled :smile: or it may as well be added my user-made Mods

Aurion
28.07.08, 11:31
yeah lots of games recently adds some extra bonus packs for players once completed the maina frame !! for example @ Lost Planet (damn,I got addicted to that game :biggrin:) u got a mode called "unlimited mode" once finished the game so I guess its a nice compensation for players after got squeezed @ the action scene :biggrin:

anon
28.07.08, 18:33
guess its a nice compensation for players after got squeezed @ the action scene :biggrin:

like nightmare mode in doom 3, but in this case you have less health and hit for less damage BUT monsters have 4x health and hit 3x harder... a real challenge :cool2:

Aurion
29.07.08, 11:59
like nightmare mode in doom 3, but in this case you have less health and hit for less damage BUT monsters have 4x health and hit 3x harder... a real challenge :cool2:

yeah but remember Doom 3 ?? it was kinda way hard game Ive ever played man,I even found a PDA hidden behind a wall @ last stand level (where you are on a circled mountain fighting that huge monster) which says "Thanks for playing Doom 3 & we appreciate you liked the game,njoyed the very hard work we put in it" :tongue:

anon
29.07.08, 18:48
I even found a PDA hidden behind a wall @ last stand level ... which says "Thanks for playing Doom 3 & we appreciate you liked the game,njoyed the very hard work we put in it" :tongue:

iD Software's PDA! Knew about it, very hard to find, so well done :wink:
You also get a nice message if you spend a lot of time in the "super turbo turkey puncher" game @ the cafeteria (before the game really begins, just a while after you start) :wink2: Best way to achieve this fast is with an autoclicker :cool2: