PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Wie is demanding your attention. NOW!

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 08:03
You can't make this Michelle Wie stuff up. Seriously, you can't. I tried. I made up this story about how she broke down crying on the tenth green of the State Farm Classic last weekend, then decided to give up golf once and for all. My editor said, "Nice try, champ, but Wie got herself kicked out of the tournament for failing to sign the score card, and now she's taking another run at a PGA tournament."

Wow. Well played, Ms. Wie. Well played.

The scorecard thing was inexcusable from every angle. Golf is a game whose margins are dotted with land-mines of dorky rules, and the scorecard-signing rule is a prime example. What's the fear, that she's going to lop off a stroke or two while nobody's looking? She's Michelle freakin' Wie, for heaven's sake. On the flip side, though, rules are rules, and how hard is it to forget to sign your scorecard when you've been doing it for tournaments? As the Florida Sun-Sentinel notes, golf is all about precision, and it doesn't stop when you hole out on 18.

Michelle Wie is demanding your attention. NOW! - Devil Ball Golf (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/golf_experts/post/Michelle-Wie-is-demanding-your-attention-NOW-;_ylt=Ao3wujkkNhymtsgIJ5SDBIUogsUF?urn=golf,95220)