PDA

View Full Version : Does BuckCherry Think The BitTorrent Community is Stupid?

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 08:51
Some artists, bands and labels claim that their lives are ruined by their material being available on P2P networks. BuckCherry are complaining that a track from their latest album has leaked to BitTorrent. How do they complain? Via an Atlantic Records press release. I smell a rather large free-publicity rat.

BuckCherry

Leaks of pre-release material onto the Internet are pretty normal events these days. Even the mainstream media are happy to cover the big leaks, usually while portraying file-sharers as the son of the devil. In the past many file-sharing news sites have covered such leaks of movies and music as a matter of course, but as they become more prevalent, less people report on them.

Normally the approaches of the mainstream (and the bands, artist and labels) and that of the file-sharing community are pretty much opposite. On the one hand piracy is killing everything it touches. On the other hand, the file-sharing hand, it’s something totally different - free promotion and all-important publicity for the artists.

Does BuckCherry Think The BitTorrent Community is Stupid? | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/does-buckcherry-think-the-bittorrent-community-is-stupid-080722/)

Aurion
23.07.08, 13:11
do they expect to gain fame freely nowadays ?? no they wont,since those leaks are always right out there for all types of media being shared with pleasuer by most p2p sharers :biggrin: LOL this is natural guys,I recall one of those bragging artists once encouraged his stuff being leaked on the Inet so now others just keep complaining so I guess this is pretty LAME already & as mentioned "cheap a$$ free publicity rat"

anon
23.07.08, 21:48
"On the one hand piracy is killing everything it touches. On the other hand, the file-sharing hand, ... free promotion and all-important publicity for the artists"

made me remember this quote:

"If I found part of a successful show up on YouTube today, I'd probably pull it down immediately .... If I had a show that wasn't doing so well in the ratings and could use the promotion, I wouldn't be in a rush to do that."

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 05:52
It has to be an employee who leaked it. another way of making it famous..

Aurion
24.07.08, 18:23
It has to be an employee who leaked it. another way of making it famous..

LOL yeah some of them already love to do that especially when they are @ night shift doing nothing :biggrin: so they hook up to any chatting app & do their daily trades :tongue:

anon
24.07.08, 21:27
and some others are even paid to do so (*cough* sony psp *cough*)! :smile:

zatoicchi
25.07.08, 08:21
and some others are even paid to do so (*cough* sony psp *cough*)!

yea, and who gets the blame, us poor innocent souls.there are to many unscrupulous people nowdays ..

Aurion
25.07.08, 18:33
but believe me guys LOL :biggrin: I used to know an Electronic Producer's Melody Manager who loved to chat @ MSN,I nearly was getting all Unreleased stuff back then for that producer & others too,so its just a hobby !! u got to know how to curve it :tongue: for ur interest